• The First Hobbit Huk (10/11/08)

One disc to rule them all ...
    If you haven't heard I, and lots of helper Hobbits, are hosting

The First Annual Hobbit Huk
    Saturday the 11th of October
    At Horning's Hideout
    Check in at 8:30 and T right away

the format is as follows:
    Choose just one disc from your bag and then take one shot at every basket at Horning's, two quick rounds, 36 shots.
    Metal hit = 1 point
    Ace it = 2 points
    highest score wins.

But this is not all! There will be a distance, putting, and touch event; as well as some old school lids for TRC and MTA. I'll even have the makings of a DDC if folks care to try their hand at that, and last but not least I'll bring along the old IFA throwers proficancy manual if you'd care to see how you stack up compared to the throwers of the 70s.

This is going to be a fun day of mixed disc sports, don't miss out.
    And best of all there is NO REGISTRATION FEE! All you have to pay for this day of Hobbit Hukin is the $3.00 (per person) day fee for Hornings. We would also ask that you bring a disc collecting dust for the gift table, as this is a Hobbit celebration and everyone gets presents.

I hope you can come out, and yes, style points for Hobbit costuming.
    educate your thinking

J, thank you for doing this. I am stoked that after all that happened that you are not shying away from running fun disc events.

In fact, may this be the first of many.
    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

A little acronym mercy for us old relative newbies with short term memory issues.

Get Poor Charlie off the MTA.
      The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
      ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

TRC = Throw, Run, and Catch.

MTA = Maximum Time Aloft.

I don't know DDC.
        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Double Disc Court
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_...ble_Disc_Court

Comment

And I almost forgot, Samwise Gibson will be putting together a round of random doubles (full bag) in the afternoon; five dollar buy-in. And if you over imbibe, as hobbits tend to do, you can camp that night (Hornings camping fee of course).

This is going to be a wonderful day of mixed disc sports you, won't want to miss it. And for those of you wondering, yes, there is a great chance of a glo round Friday night for those of you camping.

See you at The Ard-galen (aka Horning's Hideout)
            JMan
            educate your thinking

Comment

I'm really looking forward to this event

J-Man, maybe we should see if people want to do a potluck lunch.....or maybe a chili cookoff

Comment

If I have the means to do it, I will cook up some of my Fajitas for lunch. your ass will be hating you the next day, but they are very tastey

also I heard there are some sweet ass dyed discs up for grabs
                All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

BUMP

J, what will the course be like? The same course that has been there all along or will the new dinker course be ready by Saturday?

Should we put a time on when the doubles should start? 2pm? 3pm?
                  ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                  ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Bob H. Estimated that the second course won't be ready until the end of the month.

If the regular course is used, will some of the holes be shortened? Throwing for an ace on holes 13, 18, and a few others doesn't make a lot of sense for most of us...

Comment

Um... on 13 and 18, I think you could be a little more liberal and include all of us. We could totally shorten those holes, though...
                      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Almost here
                        We'll be on the original course, and yes we'll be adjusting the Ts on 2, 9, 13, 17, and 18; let's face it, we want to hear those baskets ringing out!! The distance T will be on the 13/18 hill shooting toward the small pond and the putting and touch events will be...well I'll scout out something nice on Friday afternoon when I'm out there, most likely by the first T and the barn.

Registration and T-offs begin at 8:30 and will run until 10 (show up with your group, check in, get your card and head out) then take a go at the other events and bring your lunch as awards should happen around noon. Then we should be able to get the dubs going around 2 Sam. This is going to be fun... Remember that costumes are encouraged, and I've got a special present for the best dressed Hobbit. Pass the word, you don't want to miss this.
                        J
                        educate your thinking

Comment

PSSSSSt J-Man, the first disc is completely done

The rest will be finished in the next couple days

Comment

Sounds like fun I plan on heading in from newberg, anybody want to tag along.

Comment

3 of the discs are complete

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X