Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doubles will be random draw but she should play, hey I'll be happy to throw with whoever I get. Pro D Buzzz for me for the one disc, bring it.
    educate your thinking

Comment

Day-of registering

Just wondering if it's too late to hop on. I'd like to join, but haven't pre-registered. Are you doing same-day registration?
      By the way, how many people are you expecting?

Thanks,
      Tony

Originally posted by JMan View Post
      One disc to rule them all ...
      If you haven't heard I, and lots of helper Hobbits, are hosting

The First Annual Hobbit Huk
      Saturday the 11th of October
      At Horning's Hideout
      Check in at 8:30 and T right away

the format is as follows:
      Choose just one disc from your bag and then take one shot at every basket at Horning's, two quick rounds, 36 shots.
      Metal hit = 1 point
      Ace it = 2 points
      highest score wins.

But this is not all! There will be a distance, putting, and touch event; as well as some old school lids for TRC and MTA. I'll even have the makings of a DDC if folks care to try their hand at that, and last but not least I'll bring along the old IFA throwers proficancy manual if you'd care to see how you stack up compared to the throwers of the 70s.

This is going to be a fun day of mixed disc sports, don't miss out.
      And best of all there is NO REGISTRATION FEE! All you have to pay for this day of Hobbit Hukin is the $3.00 (per person) day fee for Hornings. We would also ask that you bring a disc collecting dust for the gift table, as this is a Hobbit celebration and everyone gets presents.

I hope you can come out, and yes, style points for Hobbit costuming.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbiz View Post
        Just wondering if it's too late to hop on. I'd like to join, but haven't pre-registered. Are you doing same-day registration?

Thanks,
        Tony
        Just show up and sign up and then have a great time. There was no pre-registration for this event.

I hope everyone has a blast. Unfortunately I am heading up to WA this weekend and will not be able to attebd.

However maybe I will find a short course up north and run my own Lost Hobbit Huk.

Watch out for Golem out there in them thar woods.

Huh...I didn't even see that tree.
        PDGA #37890
        Stumptown #157
        ODW TDG 10-11
        3C&D TDG 09-10

Comment

If I can make it, I'm trying to decide if I'm on team breeze or team buzzz. It depends on the hole lengths. Right now I'm thinking breeze unless some of the holes are over 300 ft.

Comment

I might drop out of this sixsome if Jamie comes. Her ankle is still bothering her but this sounds like a really fun day. Toby wants to dress up as a Hobbit and play doubles.
            ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

My money is on a roc to win this event, followed closely by a breeze, personally I would be surprised to see an xd with any points at all I believe they are actually metal repellent.

Comment

Originally posted by Micah View Post
                My money is on a roc to win this event, followed closely by a breeze, personally I would be surprised to see an xd with any points at all I believe they are actually metal repellent.
                Your post is risible!

Comment

nice vocab, we'll see come saturday

Comment

I'm bummed that I have to miss this. We had to walk away from the house we were going to buy and now it's back to square one. Hit a tree for me while I'm house hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbiz View Post

Thanks,
                      Tony
                      By all means come, there is no pre-reg; this is a casual let's have fun day, the only fee is the Hornings day fee $3.oo. Custom dyed discs for event winners and I'm hoping everybody brings some disc or two they aren't throwing so everybody leaves with a disc.
                      educate your thinking

Comment

Originally posted by Pizzel View Post
                        Your post is risible!
                        I was wrong...

NERD ALERT CHAMPION!
                        ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by larsonjeff View Post
                          totally.. I'm cool with 6.. I'll be there by 9am.
                          I am thinking about bumping my arrival time back a bit due to the cold weather expected this evening. How does the group feel about a 9:30am tee time?

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                            I was wrong...

NERD ALERT CHAMPION!
                            WHOA. Do not conflate us vocabulary nerds with people who want to dress up like elves.
                            Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Odd. Seeing it from my perspective, I don't see much of a difference.
                              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
                                WHOA. Do not conflate us vocabulary nerds with people who want to dress up like elves.
                                Exactly. Etymology is not synonymous with short woodland critters.
                                "Operator! Give me the number for 911! " - Homer S.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X