X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scott View Post
    803.09 B. A player whose disc is considered out-of-bounds shall receive one penalty throw. The player may elect to play the next shot from:
    (1) The previous lie as evidenced by the marker disc or, if the marker disc has been moved from an approximate lie, as agreed to by the majority of the group or an official; or (2) A lie that is up to one meter away from and perpendicular to the point where the disc last crossed into out-of-bounds, as determined by a majority of the group or an official. This holds true even if the direction takes the
    lie closer to the hole; or (3) Within the designated Drop Zone, if provided. These options may be limited by the tournament director as a special condition (see 804.01).

804.01D. No rules may be stipulated which conflict with the PDGA Rules of Play, unless approved by the Tour Manager of the PDGA.

I wonder if the PDGA Tour Manager approved this rules change?
    Is it really a conflict when it is mentioned in the rules?

"These options may be limited" - the TD just said that your only option is #1
    "No rules may be stipulated which conflict" - limiting the choices for 803.09B is allowed but the TD can't make up new things like "player must throw with off hand or with eyes closed or from your knees"
    Last edited by Sausage Fingers; October 6th, 2009, 03:11 PM. Reason: poor typing again...
    Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
    Remain ye men of faculty complete,
    Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
    Attending to our noble bond and contract?
    Or does here stand the last remaining man
    To give a fig for rules and order yet,
    No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
    Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
    Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
      Is it really a conflict when it is mentioned in the rules?

"These options may be limited" - the TD just said that your only option is #1
      "No rules may be stipulated which conflict" - limiting the choices for 803.09B is allowed but the TD can't make up new things like "player must throw with off hand or with eyes closed or from your knees"
      But the rule stipulates the player can choose where to take their shot after going OB. If the TD says they can only re-tee then they have changed that rule, correct?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post
        But the rule stipulates the player can choose where to take their shot after going OB. If the TD says they can only re-tee then they have changed that rule, correct?
        Nope! The TD has only limited the choices down to just one and it is mentioned in the same rule that the TD can do so.

I think I remember that the origin of the rule (804.01D) is so a TD can't place a multiple shot penalty on certain areas around the course. When I first started playing dg we used to make the bark dust around swings and playground equipment OB with +2 penalty for throwing there due the likelihood of children being there. The PDGA wanted to put the kibosh on that kind of thing.
        Last edited by Sausage Fingers; October 6th, 2009, 03:38 PM. Reason: clarification as to which rule
        Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
        Remain ye men of faculty complete,
        Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
        Attending to our noble bond and contract?
        Or does here stand the last remaining man
        To give a fig for rules and order yet,
        No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
        Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
        Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
          Nope! The TD has only limited the choices down to just one and it is mentioned in the same rule that the TD can do so.
          I'm really not sure why I didn't catch that the first time.

Time to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by smobro View Post
            Smo! Great improvement in your game this year! Congrats! You should play Team Disc Golf this winter so you can keep your game in top shape for next year! I hear there is plenty of room on Saturday to play...

I would love to but I am taking some time away from the game to practice my putting. Gawain kept calling me "Jordan" every time I hit the bottom of the basket this weekend.
            Seriously though, I need to catch up with my family for a while. They have been very supportive but want to have me around more frequently. My guess is that will change soon since I am kind of a pain in the Arse
            I played alot of tourney golf this year and it has definitely made me better, but playing with the Crusties has certainly helped. Looking forward to getting on a card with you next year for sure.
            Hey also it is not every weekend just 10 Saturday's really between now and Febuary.

Cindy
            Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
            2013 Chick Flick co-TD
            Stumptown #176
            PDGA #37716

Comment

• I enjoy seeing challenging holes like #11. It looked into my eyes, it saw weakness, and it kicked me square in the teeth. After having a decent day at Adair on Saturday, I proceeded to add 20 strokes to my overall score from the two times I played hole #11. My first go at it, I threw two drives ob and then laid up. Then I proceeded to throw my upshot ob. I finally put it on the green and cashed the putt to end the hole with a 9. My second attempt at the hole had me throwing four drives ob before laying up (last round, a little less hope, a little more tin cup). This time I actually put my upshot on the green and made my putt to finish the hole with an 11.

In any given round I should be able to three the hole with little chance of error. I did not play the hole intelligently, I lacked confidence and conviction in my throws, and I suddenly collapsed mentally. Live and learn. I look forward to playing the hole next year and will be disappointed if I donít get the chance to redeem myself.

Mike Rideout
              WA ST Approved PDGA Schedule

4DiscGolf - a tournament directors best friend!!!

Tournament Directors - register your event HERE

Comment

• Is there a pic? I wanna see the beast
                educate your thinking

Comment

• I don't think the 22 is a record

A lot of this information is old but it gives a little insight at least and some cool records of infamy...it lists the highest "pro" score on one hole to be a 27.

http://www.frivolist.com/records.htm

As far as hole 11 goes, I did enjoy it. I birdied the first round and in the second round, with the wind, I did choose to play conservative and lay up. Unfortunately I didn't execute in the wind and my 2nd, 3rd got pushed up and away and I took an 8 on that one. That's the way it goes though! Anyhow, if you haven't seen that website before it's a little outdated I think, but a fun one to check out!
                  Last edited by OneDarkRebel; October 6th, 2009, 06:43 PM.
                  Victorious warriors win first then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win

Comment

• Originally posted by OneDarkRebel View Post
                    Anyhow, if you haven't seen that website before it's a little outdated I think, but a fun one to check out!
                    Most likely is outdated now. Most OB's on a hole is claimed to be 9, unless there were several missed putts or a long lay up sequence involved the 22 on Saturday could have been done with as many as 10 OB's. Perhaps we were present for the setting of a new record, dubious as it might be.........

Comment

• What?!?

Hey now. That hole was a great golf hole! If players are taking 22s on it, its their fault, not the courses! Most of the complaints Im reading are from people who WATCHED players play poorly on the hole, not those who PLAYED poorly on it. Everyone that I have talked to, who played poorly on the hole, loved it. I got a 5p on it, and it was my fault, not the holes. If people are really annoyed with that hole, they can place some AM tees on it or something. If anything, the hole strengthens players mental games. But personally, I think the hole is great and should not be changed.
                      Team Innova
                      Team LSDiscs
                      Team Stimpi
                      Team Challenge
                      Team Oly
                      Team Fry
                      2009 USDGC Washington State Representative
                      PDGA #25541

Comment

• Live. Learn. Grow.

Comment

• Originally posted by snap7times View Post
                          Live. Learn. Grow.
                          WORD!

Comment

• I took a two on it first round and a ten second round, I liked the hole, it was fair, and I look forward to playing it again next year.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                            Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X