Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Willamette Open 2009 - October 3-4

Hi Fellow Discers -

This is the official Willamette Open thread for 2009. Any questions, comments, concerns and other tournament information shall be posted here. An e-mail regarding the WO and the WO Qualifiers has just been sent out to previous attendees.

Thank You,

Dion Arlyn and Mike Storrs (Co-TD Crew)

official contact:
    Dion Arlyn
    541-760-0013
    kenpofoo@msn.com
    2937 SE Midvale
    Corvallis, OR 97333
    Team DISCRAFT
    NW Sign Up
    Gorilla Boy
    Paragon Disc Golf
    Odwalla

oh yeah!

What, no results posted yet?!?! Who's running this thing?
    Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
    Remain ye men of faculty complete,
    Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
    Attending to our noble bond and contract?
    Or does here stand the last remaining man
    To give a fig for rules and order yet,
    No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
    Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
    Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Hey, WOXI is posted to be Oct 17-18 on the ors website but on pdga says oct 3-4... which is it?

Comment

Oct 3-4

Comment

Correct - October 3rd and 4th
          Team DISCRAFT
          NW Sign Up
          Gorilla Boy
          Paragon Disc Golf
          Odwalla

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
            Hey, WOXI is posted to be Oct 17-18 on the ors website but on pdga says oct 3-4... which is it?

Ignore the ORS website and do not visit it again, the webmaster and owner or the URL is not updating that site due to non-involvement in the series!!!!
            PDGA #25296
            Stumptown #34

Comment

Originally posted by Flash View Post
              Ignore the ORS website and do not visit it again, the webmaster and owner or the URL is not updating that site due to non-involvement in the series!!!!
              Could the webmaster be talked into taking the site down to avoid confusion?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                Could the webmaster be talked into taking the site down to avoid confusion?

If you feel that is necessary please pursue your request.
                PDGA #25296
                Stumptown #34

Comment

or maybe the various clubs pitch in the fees and buy the site from the current webmaster???

Comment

Back to regularly scheduled activities.

Dion and Mike, what do you have in store for us this year?

Will we return to a 4 round format? Will each division play the same courses in the same layout?

What is the player pack looking like?

What is the number of participants allowed this year?
                    PDGA #25296
                    Stumptown #34

Comment

Originally posted by Flash View Post
                      Back to regularly scheduled activities.

Dion and Mike, what do you have in store for us this year?

Will we return to a 4 round format? Will each division play the same courses in the same layout?

What is the player pack looking like?

What is the number of participants allowed this year?
                      The plan is to use three courses this year, allowing a total of 216 players. I imagine we can fill all three courses, so this could be the biggest WO to date. We have not quite settled on how many rounds, nor which courses each pool will be playing. There are several options in which we could utilize three courses:

Option A: Every Pool plays all three courses Once (Two courses on Sat, One Course on Sun), and meets at a designated course to watch a PRO final nine on Sunday.

Option B: Every Pool plays four rounds total (Two courses on Sat, One course for two rounds on Sun).

Option C: Every Pool plays four rounds total on two different courses that best suit their skill level. For example, the highest skill level pool would skip Willamette Park and play two rounds at Adair, and two rounds at TimberLinn. Timber Linn is the toughest by a bit over Adair, and Willamette is the easiest course. I like this option, but the only downside is that you will miss a course this year.

Three rounds is easier on the TDs and allows the awards to transpire quickly, but four rounds is more fun for most players, and I am a Player's TD after all.

What are your thoughts?
                      Team DISCRAFT
                      NW Sign Up
                      Gorilla Boy
                      Paragon Disc Golf
                      Odwalla

Comment

I vote for B with A coming in a distant 2nd!

Comment

Originally posted by ronthewhip View Post
                          the plan is to use three courses this year, allowing a total of 216 players. I imagine we can fill all three courses, so this could be the biggest wo to date. We have not quite settled on how many rounds, nor which courses each pool will be playing. There are several options in which we could utilize three courses:

Option a: Every pool plays all three courses once (two courses on sat, one course on sun), and meets at a designated course to watch a pro final nine on sunday.

Option b: Every pool plays four rounds total (two courses on sat, one course for two rounds on sun).

Option c: Every pool plays four rounds total on two different courses that best suit their skill level. For example, the highest skill level pool would skip willamette park and play two rounds at adair, and two rounds at timberlinn. Timber linn is the toughest by a bit over adair, and willamette is the easiest course. I like this option, but the only downside is that you will miss a course this year.

Three rounds is easier on the tds and allows the awards to transpire quickly, but four rounds is more fun for most players, and i am a player's td after all.

What are your thoughts?
                          1. B
                          2. C
                          3. A

Comment

Dion,

I really like the idea of Option C: It would allow the TD to setup the courses one time and leave them, and then the pools would play courses based on skill level. I also like the idea of only needing to play 2 different courses 2 times so if you have a bad or mediocre round you get a chance to get even with the course one more time. It is also nice to not have to require players to drive across town to play another round, I know Corvallis is small but its still nice to know that the course you arrive at in the morning is the course you will be at all day. What ever the case may be I really like the option to crown a champion based on 4 rounds of golf instead of 3 or 3.5!

I realize that timing in October is key and no body wants to push TD's to the bitter edge so do what you think is appropriate!

Now I just hope I can get into the event!!!
                            PDGA #25296
                            Stumptown #34

Comment

Timber Linn? I HATE that course! Now I'm happy I'm not playing this one.

Thanks for the timely updates Dion. Keep up the hard work!

Bob

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X