Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Umpqua Valley Championships

purediscgolf
    Northwest Disc Golf Ally

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Preparations are underway for The Umpqua Valley Championships. We are planning trips down to the course to work on the layout and camping setup. Unfortunately Group Camp A has been reserved this weekend already by a family camping trip. Players may only camp in the Group Camp B. This is the larger area toward the fairway of 18. The camping road that bisects the group camp area is the boundary between Group A and Group B. The strip of camp-spots that back up to the hillside are off-limits. Also, as a result of this, we are imposing a strict curfew of 10PM. No in-appropriate behavior will be tolerated. Disqualification from the event and/or expulsion from the park may result. This comes straight down from the Douglas County Parks Dept. new policy for Disc Golf events at Whistlers Bend. I will happily forward you the information they have sent me regarding the new rules. Thank you in advance for your cooperation in keeping Whistler's Bend Oregon's crown jewel of Disc Golf Courses.

Personally, I am looking forward to this event unlike any other in the past. I have very fond memories of this park, including my 16th birthday party (my first cashing PDGA Pro event). We are going to have awesome late summer weather along with the beautiful Umpqua river to swim float. Jump in at the Group Camp and take a float to the Riverside Camp Ground (showers & bathrooms).

Please get in touch with me directly if you would like to help in any way. Thanks for everyones support.

Andrew Rich
    541-225-7265
    Who's going down? Whistlers in August will be awesome, the ground is soooooo hard, can you say roller? Skip? Cool river to jump into after the round? This should be a fun time. I talked with Andrew the other night and it looks like they will have a 27 hole layout planned. Pro's will play the 27 twice and a round of 18. AMs will play 18 twice and a round of 27. Added holes at the Top of the World. All fun stuff! So who's going?

Bob

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
    Who's going down? Whistlers in August will be awesome, the ground is soooooo hard, can you say roller? Skip? Cool river to jump into after the round? This should be a fun time. I talked with Andrew the other night and it looks like they will have a 27 hole layout planned. Pro's will play the 27 twice and a round of 18. AMs will play 18 twice and a round of 27. Added holes at the Top of the World. All fun stuff! So who's going?

Bob
    I just signed up. I love me some Whistler's Bend!!!
    "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
      I just signed up. I love me some Whistler's Bend!!!
      Heck yeah! Glad you're going Jeff! Worlds then Whistlers, whew, you're an animal.

Bob

Comment

I will be there... tee hee... helping Andrew run a smooth tourney! WOOT!
        http://www.discgolforegon.com

Comment

Originally posted by discgolforegon View Post
          I will be there... tee hee... helping Andrew run a smooth tourney! WOOT!
          I can't imagine a tournament at Whistlers without DGO.

Bob

Comment

Caddy wanted! Anybody want to tag along and caddy for weekend? Let me know!

Bob

Comment

I signed up!!!
              Team Innova
              Team LSDiscs
              Team Stimpi
              Team Challenge
              Team Oly
              Team Fry
              2009 USDGC Washington State Representative
              PDGA #25541

Comment

Originally posted by chanman View Post
                I signed up!!!
                Cool!

Bob

Comment

I will be there! I can't wait for another 2 day event at whistlers and in the middle of summer!

Comment

Initially I thought I could not attend Jet Wash, Umpqua, (nor Calapooia) due to a planned family trip. However, now the trip is in question, and I have signed up for Calapooia just in case, but it still leaves the dilemma:

Jet Wash or Umpqua?

Both courses are great, Seatac is probably a little tougher, but Whistler's is probably a little more spectacular. Both TDs are great, Guy probably has a little more more experience, but Andrew is probably a little more involved and motivated. I am really torn on this one. Probably the tipping point will be the fact that my Mom lives in Glide, and I really should go visit her! Also, no camping at Seatac. I hate to miss Guy's event - it's always a great event at a great course, but 27 holes at Whistler's Bend in August !!! ???
                    Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                    Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                    Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                    Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                    Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Whistlers!!!

Comment

Jet Wash!

(I just wanted to keep the dilema alive).

I wish I had the same dilema. Either way, you'll get great golf. You can't lose!

Comment

Stern... I might be solo that weekend and would love to accompany on this DG journey. Would love to go to either, really... but pushing for Whistler's, of course. Talk tonight.
                          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                            Stern... I might be solo that weekend and would love to accompany on this DG journey. Would love to go to either, really... but pushing for Whistler's, of course. Talk tonight.
                            I hope you two decided on the UVC.

Bob

Comment

Sam, Whistlers, come on get down here!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X