Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Truck is packed and ready to roll. Morning can't get here fast enough. Top of the World, here I come.

Bob

Comment

Just wanted to give a shout out to everyone who made the trip down to Whistler's this weekend. I had a blast floating the river with you all. The weather could not have been better!!! I'm already looking forward to next years Umpqua Valley Championships. They are sure to be even bigger and better. Big shout out to Dion The Whip Arlyn for slamming an Ace on Hole #9, Getting a sick Birdie from Tee 16 to Hole 17 and putting an exclamation point on the weekend with a Birdie finish on Hole 18. Very Nice Dion, even though you throw for the dark side..... Thanks for making this a great experience as a tournament director. Peace
      Disc Golf Accessories

Comment

I had a great time this weekend. Thanks Andrew for putting this series on. I'm exhausted, even having had a caddy all weekend. A special thanks to my nephew for caddying. And for those who don't know, Andrew is a sick and twisted individual. You should have seen the pin positions he us playing. I didn't know some of the new positions existed. They are tough but fun! Lots of fun camping with everyone and looking forward to next year.

Bob

Comment

Thanks for a great tournament Andrew, you did a great job. A final 9 at Whistlers ROCKS!!! Wish i could have played better that last round. Anyways great job whip, that was one hell of a finish and sick putt on #17.

Comment

Thanks everyone! What a great weekend, Drew - thanks for putting on this killer event. Hope to see more folks at the next one! For anyone who is keeping track, that putt on #17 might be the best putt of my life to date.
            Team DISCRAFT
            NW Sign Up
            Gorilla Boy
            Paragon Disc Golf
            Odwalla

Comment

Originally posted by RonTheWhip View Post
              Thanks everyone! What a great weekend, Drew - thanks for putting on this killer event. Hope to see more folks at the next one! For anyone who is keeping track, that putt on #17 might be the best putt of my life to date.
              explain?
              so who placed where and all that jazz? how many showed up?
              May the wind be in your favor...

Comment

Thank you everyone who made this an awesome weekend of golf @ Whistler's. It was fun to play my home course with great players. The pin placements in that last round were a blast. Thanks Andrew for all the time and work you did to make this tourney happen. I hope to see everyone next year!!! I took some pics of the final 9. I will be uploading a few of them up on my imageshack acct. if anyone wants to check them out.

the pic below is Dion's huge putt on 17's basket for a 2!!! cool to watch

-Devin C.
                Last edited by Huk-DMC; August 17th, 2009, 07:02 PM.
                -Devin Cordell #38801

Comment

Great Pic! thanks
                  Team DISCRAFT
                  NW Sign Up
                  Gorilla Boy
                  Paragon Disc Golf
                  Odwalla

Comment

UVC Rocked!
                    Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                    Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                    Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                    Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                    Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by RonTheWhip View Post
                      Why would this putt be the best of your life to date? It looks like a 60-70 foot putt right? Just curious... and cool picture by far...

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
                        Why would this putt be the best of your life to date? It looks like a 60-70 foot putt right? Just curious... and cool picture by far...
                        Ok, to put this into perspective.

The hole they were playing was from 16s teepad to basket #17. Going in to this hole Nate was leading Dion by three strokes. Nate had a great drive, and Dion uncorked a HUGE hyzer to land about 40-50 from the basket. Nate's upshot put him at the bottom of the hill past the basket. Dion knew that assuming Nate was going to par the hole he HAD to make this putt to get within 2 stokes of Nate with one hole to go. Despite the drop-off behind the basket Dion ran the putt and nailed it dead center. Nate made his upshot but it kicked a little away from the basket leaving Nate with an awkward uphill 25' putt. Nate came up a little short on the putt and when it dropped, it stood up and rolled all the way back down the drop-off. When all was said and done Dion carded a two and Nate carded a six, leaving Dion ahead by a single stroke. Dion went on the birdie 18 and win it by 2 strokes. It was most certainly terrible luck for Nate to have that putt roll away like that, but Dion hit that putt when it mattered the most.
                        "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

I was gonna say, "What a crappy drive!". Thanks for putting that into perspective. Clutch, Dion. Nice work.
                          Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

Well... we picked a fine time to leave... Dion has to go and do something like that and we missed it.

Great finish, Dion. Solid play all weekend.

And yes... this tournament was a blast. The float and the golf were amazing and I cannot wait to get back to Whistler's soon.
                            ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Nate had a bad drive i believe, I don't think he made it over the road.

Comment

Ahhhh now that makes sense, adding the sexton part of the story... I was thinking, awesome birdie from 16 tee pad but surely Dion has made some longer putts than that... ahhh with the title on the line and making up 4 strokes in a single hole... now that's something...

Note to Sam... most people tend to wait until the tournament is "finished" before leaving so they know who won and all of that hot stuff...

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X