Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is a fair assessment as Whistlers played about 9-10 points per stroke at the recent Tournament there depending on rounding.

GNWO 2009

During the event Nate averaged a 51 while Bob averaged 80.7 strokes. Which is about 29.7 strokes. Now both of these fine gentleman have improved their game in the last 4 months but who has improved more?

If a rating update were to come out before the event I am certain that Nate will be increasing his Player rating but Bob has not been playing many events lately so the gap could be the true difference in their average at the GNWO 2009.
    PDGA #25296
    Stumptown #34

Comment

Hmmm... now the pre-reg list is gone. I'm really starting to have my doubts about this event.
      "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
        Hmmm... now the pre-reg list is gone. I'm really starting to have my doubts about this event.
        Yo...Hagerty. Clear out you inbox. You're at max capacity, dude.
        Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

Interesting offer Bob, I am not sure if I can bet against one of my own students, now that you know my secrets you must be improving at an incredible rate! I will think about it, bring the hat, I can't commit to wearing it if it is too loose and might hurt my score at the Celebration. If it fits though, we can do battle.
          I will talk to Andrew about getting the pre reg list back up, this event will be a good one. Please get signed up soon to make things easier on the TD. Thanks everybody.
          Nate
          Innova Champion Discs
          Discmania
          huk lab
          Keen Footwear
          Grip EQ Disc Golf Bags
          Stimpi Ridge Disc Golf in Spokane, WA
          Play it Again Sports Corvallis and Eugene

Comment

Just signed up 1st PDGA tournement playing pro at whistlers.

Comment

Originally posted by the flogging putter View Post
              Just signed up 1st PDGA tournement playing pro at whistlers.
              Good times will be had by all!

Bob

Comment

Anyone have any concrete info about this event?
                No thread from the TD.
                Registration was up, as I understand, then down.
                Is this happening?
                Is it full? Empty and canceled?
                Waddup?

Comment

Um?

Comment

Ma Bell

Originally posted by Wes Hansen View Post
                    Anyone have any concrete info about this event?
                    No thread from the TD.
                    Registration was up, as I understand, then down.
                    Is this happening?
                    Is it full? Empty and canceled?
                    Waddup?
                    This gig is happening and it is not full.
                    If you want to play you could call him.
                    541-225-7265
                    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                    - Anonymous

Comment

We exchanged emails a while back and the news was positive.
                      But now it's a week before the event and no registration list, some grumbling on these boards and no posts from Andrew in a while. Not trying to sound critical, just very much wanted to know all was well. So, if the venerable Yose says all is well, then I believe all is well.
                      Back to the Bend for the first time in four years!

Anyone need a ride?

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Hansen View Post
                        We exchanged emails a while back and the news was positive.
                        But now it's a week before the event and no registration list, some grumbling on these boards and no posts from Andrew in a while. Not trying to sound critical, just very much wanted to know all was well. So, if the venerable Yose says all is well, then I believe all is well.
                        Back to the Bend for the first time in four years!

Anyone need a ride?
                        Glad to hear you're going down Wes. This is going to be a blast! Nate is taking registration this weekend at the Calapooia also. I'm hoping to drive down to Albany tomorrow for a little spectating and will help Nate out if needed.

Just a week away, who else is going? Lets get this thing full and tear it up at the Bend.

Bob

Comment

I am definitely coming down this weekend so please save me a spot. Not sure if Jamie is planning on coming or not so if we could get an update on how full the tournament is, that would be very helpful.

Did the players' list ever get back online?
                          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                            I am definitely coming down this weekend so please save me a spot. Not sure if Jamie is planning on coming or not so if we could get an update on how full the tournament is, that would be very helpful.

Did the players' list ever get back online?
                            I just spoke to Andrew on the phone...it does work, for those ?'s that just need to be answered....

For some reason the list "disappeared" and Andrew has been at NW Reggae all weekend...and unable to upload it again
                            It should be back up soon....

I'll be there....with floatation devise and snorkel gear in tow....

Beside's does anybody need any other reason than the fact that it's

Comment

Yeah... I should maybe call him...
                              ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

The event is still on as planned. Signups will be taken on Friday before the event throughout the day. <<NO ONE WILL BE TURNED AWAY>> call me if you have any questions

I had the registration list up last week for a day or two. When I went to check on it really quick before I left for the weekend it was gone. The PDGA didn't have any explanation for me and simply said I should do it again. I couldn't find the time before I was leaving. It will be back up soon.

I'm going to be out there on Thursday doing some course preparation if anyone wants to come camp out. I want to keep everything positive but I'm starting to wonder about everyone's trust in new TD's I've been around Disc Golf in the NW for almost 15 years. Maybe it's time to start believing some of the things I've been saying. Come out and have a great time this weekend at Whistler's. It's going to be awesome weather and the river is prime.

On a side note, I chose to take this past weekend off to go to the NW World Reggae Festival. Being around such a positive environment made me reflect on all the time I spend on Disc Golf. I hope we can all bond together and make this more of a universal effort. It seems like any change to the way things have been done is met with some quick criticisms. With the Oregon Series dissolving I thought it was a great time to revive the NW Series. The first event at Alton Baker Park was a great time despite a very low turnout. These events need new and veteran players alike to really succeed. Please show your support in anyway possible. Much Love,

Andrew Rich
                                541-225-7265
                                Disc Golf Accessories

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X