Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Wash VII/WO Qualifier July 25th & 26th

Hello everyone,

The Wash VII and the first Willamette Open Qualifier are just around the corner and will be on July 25th and 26th at Adair County Park.

The Wash is a fund raiser for the Linn Benton Food Share. The entry is a minimum $20.00 donation to the food share. It will include a round of disc golf, Susy Stix and Ring of Fire. Food will be provided.

Here is a link to the flyer on TreeLove's calendar.

http://home.comcast.net/~accuspeed/WASHFLYER2009.PDF

On the same weekend (Sunday), Dion Arlyn will be hosting the first of 3 Willamette Open Qualifiers. See the other thread for the info on that. Come out Saturday before the qualifier, play a round, have some lunch and if you don't want to compete in the other events, play another round or 2. None of the events at The Wash are required. It's all about making money for the food share and having a good time.

In the past I have asked for major event sponsors to help pay for food and T-shirts. Well, this year is a little different, the money for the food has already been provided by members of my family.

I will not be providing T-shirts this year. I feel that there are people in this community who need food more than we need another T-shirt. Those of you who have given so generously in the past to pay for the shirts, thank you. I know that things are tough for everyone this year but, if you still can and want to help by writing a big check, please do so. The difference this year is you won't be writing it to me but will be making out to The Linn Benton Food Share. That way the money will be used in the most efficient way. We'll see about T-shirts again next year.

I do have about 30 T-shirts from last year and will give those out on a first come basis. I have 5 XXL, 18 XL, 6 L and 1 M.

I'm starting the prize gathering part of the event now so, if you would like to donate some prizes or can help gather some, please let me know.

Hopefully you all can make it to one or both of these. It should be a fun weekend of golf at Adair.

Thank you all and I'll see you on July 25th and 26th!

Eric Smith
    Last edited by E Smith; June 30th, 2009, 04:24 PM.

Hello everyone,

The Wash VII is only a few days away! Once again it will be on July 25th at Adair County Park. This Saturday!

Serious golfers come out the day before the first Willamette Open Qualifier, donate to a great cause and practice for the next days competition.

The Wash is a fund raiser for the Linn Benton Food Share. The entry is a minimum $20.00 donation to the food share. It will include a round of disc golf, Susy Stix and Ring of Fire. Food will be provided.

Prizes:

I have a big box of prizes to give away with a lot of gift certificates from local businesses. If you would like to donate some prizes please let me know. I will be raffling off some of the bigger prizes this year. When you sign up in the morning, you will receive 1 ticket and after the round you will be able to purchase more tickets to increase your chances.

Beer:

Unfortunately Mark and Laura from Calapooia can't make it this year (no potato salad for them) but their beer will be there! Mark will be having an employee from the brewery deliver a keg at 12:30 so, if you want an alcoholic beverage before then, be prepared to bring some with you.

Dogs:

Dogs are welcome at The Wash. Let me rephrase that. Well behaved, friendly dogs who do not fight and are in total control by their owners are welcome at The Wash. Adair has recently become a dogs on leash park so you will need to have one with you. I won't be enforcing that law but be prepared for the local authority to cruse through. Also there will be no dogs allowed in the food preparation area. Not everyone thinks it's cute to have dogs in the kitchen.

I look forward to seeing some old friends this Saturday and making some new ones. The weather guessers have dropped the 100 degree forecast so it should be a pleasant day at the park.

Hopefully you all can make it. It should be a fun day at Adair.

Thank you all and I'll see you on July 25th! This Saturday!

"Wash out hunger, support your local food bank"

Eric Smith

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
    Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X