Willamette Wash / Willamette Open QUALIFIER - July 25 and 26 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Willamette Wash / Willamette Open QUALIFIER - July 25 and 26

    Hey Everybody. We have some great golf planned in the Willamette Valley for all of you who aren't going to worlds this year. We have back-to-back events on the weekend of July 25 and 26, both at Adair Park in Corvallis.

    The Willamette Wash
    July 25
    TD - Erik Smith of Corvallis
    Charity event benefiting the Linn Benton Food Share
    Last year we raised over $1000.00 for the Food Share and our goal is to beat that this year. This is an incredibly fun event for a very good cause and Erik will post more information soon.

    Willamette Open Qualifier (C Tier)
    July 26
    TD – Dion Arlyn
    This event is the first of three planned qualifiers for the Willamette Open. If you plan on making the WO11 than you should make a point of qualifying first! Pre-registration for this event is going to be up on PDGA shortly, the cost is $25.00. I will have all the details and a flyer posted shortly.

    It’s going to be a blast of a weekend, with both sanctioned and unsanctioned play. Come support both the disc golf community and the community at large with the WDGC.
    Team DISCRAFT
    NW Sign Up
    Gorilla Boy
    Paragon Disc Golf
    Odwalla

  • #2
    What's the entry fee for the Wash, Dion?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Shaolintrained View Post
      What's the entry fee for the Wash, Dion?
      I will post some info soon.

      Eric

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by RonTheWhip View Post
        Willamette Open Qualifier (C Tier)
        July 26
        TD – Dion Arlyn
        This event is the first of three planned qualifiers for the Willamette Open. If you plan on making the WO11 than you should make a point of qualifying first! Pre-registration for this event is going to be up on PDGA shortly, the cost is $25.00. I will have all the details and a flyer posted shortly.

        .
        Wow, looks like I will miss the Willamette Open this year.

        Bob

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by RonTheWhip View Post
          Hey Everybody. We have some great golf planned in the Willamette Valley for all of you who aren't going to worlds this year. We have back-to-back events on the weekend of July 25 and 26, both at Adair Park in Corvallis.

          The Willamette Wash
          July 25
          TD - Erik Smith of Corvallis
          Charity event benefiting the Linn Benton Food Share
          Last year we raised over $1000.00 for the Food Share and our goal is to beat that this year. This is an incredibly fun event for a very good cause and Erik will post more information soon.

          Willamette Open Qualifier (C Tier)
          July 26
          TD – Dion Arlyn
          This event is the first of three planned qualifiers for the Willamette Open. If you plan on making the WO11 than you should make a point of qualifying first! Pre-registration for this event is going to be up on PDGA shortly, the cost is $25.00. I will have all the details and a flyer posted shortly.

          It’s going to be a blast of a weekend, with both sanctioned and unsanctioned play. Come support both the disc golf community and the community at large with the WDGC.
          Being somewhat of a newbie to the tournament scene I do not know how the qualifiers work. Do you have to attend all three of the qualifiers to qualify for the Willamette Open? If so can you post the dates for the other two, so we can see if we can make those otherwise I guess what is the point in playing in the first.

          Cindy
          Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
          2013 Chick Flick co-TD
          Stumptown #176
          PDGA #37716

          Comment


          • #6
            Is qualifying the only way to get into the Willamette Open?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by RonTheWhip View Post

              Willamette Open Qualifier (C Tier)
              July 26
              TD – Dion Arlyn
              This event is the first of three planned qualifiers for the Willamette Open. If you plan on making the WO11 than you should make a point of qualifying first! Pre-registration for this event is going to be up on PDGA shortly, the cost is $25.00.


              so is this the 1st PDGA Sanc. event to have Qualifiers???? for an event that is not a MAJOR???
              "In Discatarianism We Trust"

              :cheers:

              :cool:sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by NWDiscer View Post
                so is this the 1st PDGA Sanc. event to have Qualifiers????
                QUALIFIERS? I thought he meant QUAFFERS!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Since we are left only to speculate here, I would speculate that they are running a series of events to qualify. IF you make it to a certain number of the qualifiers you will have first shot at registration for the WO. If you don't make it to the required number of qualifying events you are at the mercy of cyber sign ups for any remaining open spots. So, if there are 200 spots for the WO and 200 people play in the qualifying events there won't be any spots left for those who can't make to any of the events. If there are 200 spots for the WO and 100 people play in the qualifying events then there would be 100 spots left for cyber sign ups. Theres how I speculate it!

                  Bob

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Scott View Post
                    Is qualifying the only way to get into the Willamette Open?
                    Highly unlikely...
                    Though I haven't talked to Mike for a couple weeks I'm reasonably sure qualifiers will be another way to get into the event as well as raise money for the event.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
                      Since we are left only to speculate here, I would speculate that they are running a series of events to qualify. IF you make it to a certain number of the qualifiers you will have first shot at registration for the WO. If you don't make it to the required number of qualifying events you are at the mercy of cyber sign ups for any remaining open spots. So, if there are 200 spots for the WO and 200 people play in the qualifying events there won't be any spots left for those who can't make to any of the events. If there are 200 spots for the WO and 100 people play in the qualifying events then there would be 100 spots left for cyber sign ups. Theres how I speculate it!

                      Bob
                      So the more of them you can make the better then maybe. Geeze would be nice to know the other two dates cause the first one is going to be complicated for me to make, but I will find a way I guess cause I really want to play in this tournament.

                      Cindy
                      Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                      2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                      Stumptown #176
                      PDGA #37716

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I also need to add that although it is unlikely that I will be able to play in the qualifying events and may not get a chance now to play the WO, (my fav event)and will pretty dissapointed, I have to give credit to the Willamette Club for being creative and trying to find another way around the ever growing sign up problems with events in the state. I am in support of the series idea!

                        Bob

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I think making the Willamette Open an event with qualifiers is friggin' rad. Other than the BSF, I think it's the cream of the crop in Oregon, and if the Willamette club felt like it, they could make it an A-Tier with a national draw (which I think they ought to consider for next year?!).

                          $.02

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Let's not speculate. Mike? Registration will be as normal in years' past and this is just a way for people to win their entry into the tournament, right?
                            “I believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know — Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, that’s in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, I’ll know I’m a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? I’m not sure, but it’s possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.”
                            ~Annika Sörenstam

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Sam View Post
                              Registration will be as normal in years' past and this is just a way for people to win their entry into the tournament, right?
                              We have a winner!

                              Comment

                              Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X