X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open/Am/Women Match/Stroke Play

How much interest would there be in a two-day match-play/stroke play tournament that is Open/Am/Women - say three divisions?

Could such a tournament be sanctioned?

I am thinking groups of 32 (max) that would be paired down to 8 after two rounds the first day. After one round the second day, there would be 4 in each group and they would play a stroke play final 18 to determine the winner. Alternatively, we could also do a 9-9 Match Play (9 holes to get to 2 and 9 holes to determine a winner) or 18-9 (18 to get to 2 and a final 9 to decide a winner) to keep the entire thing Match Play.

Thoughts?
    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Very good. I guess I win the event.
    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Any chance the Open winner would receive $1000????
      All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
        How much interest would there be in a two-day match-play/stroke play tournament that is Open/Am/Women - say three divisions?

Could such a tournament be sanctioned?

I am thinking groups of 32 (max) that would be paired down to 8 after two rounds the first day. After one round the second day, there would be 4 in each group and they would play a stroke play final 18 to determine the winner. Alternatively, we could also do a 9-9 Match Play (9 holes to get to 2 and 9 holes to determine a winner) or 18-9 (18 to get to 2 and a final 9 to decide a winner) to keep the entire thing Match Play.

Thoughts?
        I love it! Add a Skins game to it and I am in. great idea. I would volunteer to help out as well.
        Training to be a bagger

Comment

Originally posted by Trozzle!!! View Post
          Any chance the Open winner would receive $1000????
          No. No chance at all and if you spread that rumor, I will send Barsby's girlfriend to kick your ass. She looks tough.
          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
          Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X