X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battle at the Bend Sept. 19/20 2009

Get ready for a weekend filled with awesome great times, and loads of fun disc golf! Instead of just having an ACE Race at Whistlers Bend this year, I decided why not have a C-Tier event also? Brian Wilson is the TD for this event and Nathan Baker is the Co-TD / Webmaster / etc.

***Important Info***
    We have really planned, and planned, and planned to get this to happen, all necessary permits and insurance are already confirmed. The first 50 Registered players receive free group camping in the "A" Area. During the events all parking will be in the lower day use area, with upper gravel area reserved for carpools of 3 or more. Signs and a volunteer will be available for questions.

***Event Info***
    Weekend activities include: ACE Race on the first day, shortly after we are offering Early check in for the C-Tier event. ALSO... Zing Mini distance competition, Mini ACE Toss, ACE Tower, Ring o' Fires, and lots of other cool stuff.

Sept 19th Discraft ACE Race and Mini Games / 2 rounds on the ACE Race layout / 150ft or less on most
    holes. Entry fee is $25 and is separate from the C-Tier event. All ACE Race players will receive a players
    pack containing 2 Discraft Prototype discs, 1 Discraft Hat, 1 full color Discraft Mini, that is a $55 players pack!
    This is a family fun event! bring the kids. Event is limited to first 72 entries received.
    Registration or mail in form available online at DiscGolfOregon.com or through Brian Wilson / Nate Baker
    C-Tier early check in available after the ACE Race is over.

Sept 20th PDGA Sanctioned (pending) C-Tier Singles Event / 2 rounds / 18 holes / 72 players max
    Late check in 7:30 - 8:30am / Players meeting and cards at 9am / tee by 9:15ish / short lunch with second round starting ASAP. Raffle then Awards immediately after last cards turned in.

***Entry Fees***
    Entry Fees for C-Tier are as follows:
    Open - MPO, FPO $70 or $60 for Current PDGA members
    All other Open divisions $60 or $50 for Current PDGA members
    Advanced - MA1, FW1, MM1 $50 or $40 for Current PDGA members
    All AM Divisions - MA2, FW2, etc $40 or $30 for Current PDGA members
    Minimum 4 players needed to make a division, if there is not enough players you will be moved up/down.
    All AM / ADV divisions paid in scrip, and receive the C-Tier players pack. est. value $25+

NOTE: The PDGA requires non-members pay $10 to become a supporting member at all B and C tier events. Supporting members will receive a PDGA number, mini, and rule book.
    Total Event fees are as follows: $2 C-Tier / $2 ACE Pot / $2 Hosting Club / $4 Administrative fee. These fees come out of the total entry fee received, the remainder of the entry fees go towards payout. All PRO divisions will be paid out 100% and all AM divisions will be paid out 85%. Top 40% in each division gets paid.

Registrations are available right now online, There is also a mail in form HERE. I will also be able to take registrations in hand at any time. Current Registrations are Here

Questions can be directed to Brian Wilson / Nathan Baker

DiscGolfOregon@gmail.com
    Last edited by discgolforegon; July 29th, 2009, 03:41 AM.
    http://www.discgolforegon.com

Now that just sounds like a ton of fun. Way to throw a tournament! I'll be checking my schedule!

Bob

Comment

Whoops...

Advanced - MA2, FW2, MM2 $50 or $40 for Current PDGA members
      All AM Divisions - MA1, FW1, MM1, etc $40 or $30 for Current PDGA members

MA1 is Advanced as is FW1 and MM1. MA2 and FW2 and MM2 are all Intermediate.

Sounds like a fun event. Will discuss it with the boss.
      ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

dang it... thats what i thought too... but when i uploaded the first player to the PDGA i had MA1 and it put him in Intermediate?

Man i love the edit button.

Comment

MM2? Yay, I applaud the return of the long lost Intermediate Masters division - Viva La Ice Bowl!
          Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
          Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
          Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
          Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
          Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
            MM2? Yay, I applaud the return of the long lost Intermediate Masters division - Viva La Ice Bowl!
            If there are at least 4 players I will allow ANY division. PERIOD. Im running this by the books, and trying to be fair to everyone.

We are also hard at work obtaining sponsors, and have already received 3 sick Keen bags to give away.

Hole Sponsorships are available, more information available on DGO.

Comment

Entry Fees are a "bit" steep for a 1-day event......

"BY THE BOOK" would be just over 1/2 of that, according to PDGA standards for C Tier entry fees.

http://www.pdga.com/files/documents/08TourStandards.pdf

Sounds like a BLAST....... AND on my B-Day weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Magilla View Post
                Entry Fees are a "bit" steep for a 1-day event......

"BY THE BOOK" would be just over 1/2 of that, according to PDGA standards for C Tier entry fees.

http://www.pdga.com/files/documents/08TourStandards.pdf

Sounds like a BLAST....... AND on my B-Day weekend.

Then quit griping, show up, win, or fear my old college days fraternity paddle that I love to use for birthdays ... my bday is the day before... I will be dragging a few deaf disc golfers who have vowed to "go where snap goes", especially to a beautiful course like whistlers.

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
                  Then quit griping, show up, win, or fear my old college days fraternity paddle that I love to use for birthdays ... my bday is the day before... I will be dragging a few deaf disc golfers who have vowed to "go where snap goes", especially to a beautiful course like whistlers.

Nope...I'll be at Mt Hood Ski Bowl.....KOM Finals...."Incredibowl"....PDGA B Tier

I'll save for the 2 day B Tier in Mid-August.....

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post

How do I put this AND be politically correct? .....

There is NO Intermediate Masters division (MM2) in the PDGA.

Comment

edited. thanks for pointing that out... obviously I'm still new.

I knew that posting this information on this board would lead to these kind of comments, and I appreciate all the input.

ALSO... Notice on the bottom of the recommended fee's there is some wording. what does it say?

"Table shows "net" entry fees. PDGA player fees based on event tier, plus any local club or regional series fees should be added to these figures to determine overall entry fee's"

SO... We took the BASE entry fee and added... 2$ C-Tier fee, $2 ACE Pot, $2 Hosting Club, and $4 administrative. We are also offering all AM classes a players pack. And pro's get a couple things too.

As for my scheduling... I'm sorry... that was the only date that i could get a permit from the county for Whistlers. next year I will have it all scheduled out as to not interfere with any PDGA events in our area. I am just trying to do my part and expand the PDGA tournament setting to my area. See anyone there... heh even if its 12 people.
                      Last edited by discgolforegon; June 13th, 2009, 02:24 PM.

Comment

I just wanted to say THANK YOU for having a PDGA event closer to me. Living in Medford makes it hard to get to play in sanctioned events. Hopefully one day i will get the luxury of playing sanctioned events more than 2 or 3 times a year. Once again, Thank you very much. Your efforts are greatly appreciated. See you on the Battlefield!

Comment

With the growth the PDGA is seeing, there should be... The may event at camp taloali willll have intermediate masters; there is a clear need for it in Oregon if not anywhere else..

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
                            With the growth the PDGA is seeing, there should be... The may event at camp taloali willll have intermediate masters; there is a clear need for it in Oregon if not anywhere else..

In a NON-sanctioned event a TD can do WHAT EVER they choose, BUT in a PDGA event there can NOT be an Intermediate Masters division.
                            That is what the ratings are for....play where your rated...
                            All we need is another addition of divisions for TD's to deal with.

Comment

So where do the new masters play where they dont get killed and play with their age group at the same time? The ADV amateur masters field is pretty competitive and scares away a lot of potential master players... And of course unsanctioned do whatever I want, still waiting to hear from PDGA about options...

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X