X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
    So where do the new masters play where they dont get killed and play with their age group at the same time? The ADV amateur masters field is pretty competitive and scares away a lot of potential master players... And of course unsanctioned do whatever I want, still waiting to hear from PDGA about options...
    Its called Intermediate, Recreational & Novice........Once a player has a rating they can play where they fit by rating...AGE isnt an issue.

The PDGA will give you NO options for a MM2 division.

Comment

This lights of the debate of BS PDGA rules about divisions, how can you offer MA1, MA2, MA3,MA4 and give out points for those divisions but not offer MA1, MA2, MA3, MA4 at Worlds.

I say just ask the PDGA for a waiver and they will probably approve it.
      PDGA #25296
      Stumptown #34

Comment

Originally posted by Flash View Post
        This lights of the debate of BS PDGA rules about divisions, how can you offer MA1, MA2, MA3,MA4 and give out points for those divisions but not offer MA1, MA2, MA3, MA4 at Worlds.

I say just ask the PDGA for a waiver and they will probably approve it.

ALL AMs register as an AMATUER. No one reg's as MA1, MA2, MA3 OR MA4 in the PDGA. The rating you earn paces you in the division that fits you best.
        Only the TOP am divisons are at Worlds........MA1, MM1, FW1, etc

As far as a waiver.........I HIGHLY doubt it.
        Why would they allow a division that doesnt exist?

I suppose the ONLY way around it is to offer the division, BUT NOT collect fees OR report the scores to the PDGA. The issue is HOW do you determine WHO gets to play in MM2? There is NO criteria OR ratings cut-off to determine who plays where.

Worlds should be for the BEST players in the TOP divisions, NOT for every division in existance.

Comment

***Update***

Sanctioning has been approved and is no longer pending.

PDGA Registration page should be up shortly.

Sponsors are coming in.

All players will receive 2 zing minis each with different stamps.

More info as it arrives.
          http://www.discgolforegon.com

Comment

Registrations are now live on the PDGA website.

http://www.pdgasignup.com/Qstore/Qstore.cgi?CMD=011&PROD=1248256633]

Comment

Bump... We now have permission for the "a" group site and part of "b". I am limited to the first 50 people to RSVP or Register get free group camping.

Remember group camping is only effective when we have the permit dates, which are September 19th and 20th. Any camping before of after that is your own responsibility.

So another great reason to come out to Whistlers for this tourney... free group camping.

Comment

Registration list has been updated.

ALSO... We will have a free keg of McMenamins IPA or Hammerhead for the Saturday night players party. First come first served... when its gone its gone.

Confirmed some more sponsorships also. Minis are being shipped to us right now. Shaping up to be a killer tournament. Surprised we only have 4 registrations so far.

see ya there!

Comment

Registrations have been updated again.

Players packs for the ACE Race have been ordered. I will have 31 available.

Minis are all here and the BOMB!

Day of registrations will be welcomed...

Free group camping...

see ya there!

Comment

pretty sure i'm going to attend the sunday c teir event.

i was wondering though, how many pro's do you foresee playing? there are none preregistered as of right now on PDGA.

list
                    http://www.pdga.com/tournament-results?TournID=9329

i'd come out on saturday as well but i have to watch the ducks battle the utes. see you after the game!
                    May the wind be in your favor...

Comment

As for Pro's at this point should have 10 or more. at least thats what im hoping for.

Got all the I's dotted and T's crossed so im ready for this weekend. WOOT! gonna be a great time!

Comment

Here is some important information about the tournament this weekend. This is all intended as our overall timeline. I have also wrote a small blurb about some rules, and camping specifics.

Saturday 9/19/09:

8-930 am Ace Race Checkin
                        945 am Ace Race Players' Meeting
                        10 am Ace Race First Round Start
                        12-1 pm Lunch
                        115 pm Second Round Ace Race Players' Meeting
                        130 pm Ace Race Second Round Start
                        4-430 pm Ace Race Award Ceremony
                        430-7 pm Early Checkin/Registration for PDGA C-Tier, "Battle at the Bend"
                        5 pm Zing Mini Distance Battle Players' Meeting/Start
                        5-615 pm Zing Mini Distance Battle
                        615 pm Zing Mini Distance Battle Award Ceremony
                        630 pm ACE Pyramid!!!
                        715 pm ACE Pyramid Award Ceremony
                        730-10 pm Players Party, McMenamin's Keg Provided for players 21 and over
                        10 pm Quiet Time

Sunday 9/20/09:

7-830 am "Day of" Checkin/Registration
                        9 am Battle at the Bend C-Tier Players' Meeting
                        930 am Battle at the Bend C-Tier First Round Start
                        1230-115 pm Lunch provided!
                        130 pm Second Round Battle at the Bend C-Tier Players' Meeting
                        145 pm Second Round Battle at the Bend C-Tier Start
                        530 pm Battle at the Bend C-Tier Award Ceremony

Please note that these times may vary depending on amount of players, weather, round lengths, etc.

The C-tier event will be on all 18 Whistlers Originals. There will also be lunch provided in the form of beer sausages, with all the fixins. We will try and keep the lunch as short as possible on Sunday so we can get the second round started early.

Directions from I-5 South
                        Get off on Harvard Avenue Exit #124, Make a right onto Harvard.
                        Follow harvard into downtown, turn left onto SE Stephens St.
                        At the 3rd light you will turn right onto Diamond Lake Blvd. The road to Whistlers Bend Park is approx. 13 miles out of town. Turn left onto Whistlers Lane, Look for signs. Its another 4 miles to the park entrance, follow it till you see the camping.

Directions from I-5 North
                        Get off on Harvard Avenue Exit #124, Make a right onto Harvard.
                        Follow harvard into downtown, turn left onto SE Stephens St.
                        At the 3rd light you will turn right onto Diamond Lake Blvd. The road to Whistlers Bend Park is approx. 13 miles out of town. Turn left onto Whistlers Lane, Look for signs. Its another 4 miles to the park entrance, follow it till you see the camping.

***Important Information:***
                        Please read and follow these guidlines!

There is NO GROUP CAMPING on Friday. That means if you arrive at Whistlers early you need to PAY for camping in the Individual sites.
                        People arriving on Saturday can setup in the designated group camping area "A" And there will be a roped off section of "B" for overflow.

All Parking for DAY OF Registrants for either day, need to park in the lower Day Use area. The upper Parking lot is reserved for Car pools of 3 or more, or Group Campers. We will have someone on hand to help direct parking and camping.

There will be a 10pm Quiet Time in place. This is when we will Officially end our Players Party. At that time you need to follow the DOUGLAS COUNTY PARKS rules on being quiet after 10pm.

There is a Leash Law in effect at Whistlers Bend Please maintain your dogs on a leash. Failure to do so is your responsibility.

The Battle at the Bend is not the only event at Whistlers Bend this weekend. There will be an organized party of sorts located in the main portion of Group Camp "B" Most of these people are gonna be just like us, having a good time, and Camping.
                        We need to maintain respect for this event, and not camp in their area. They will have beverages and music. I have spoken with the organizer and have worked out for us to use the group A, and roped off part of B if we need it.
                        The Organizer has expressed that its OK for disc golfers to come hang out, and have fun as well.

So I think this will be a weekend to remember. This is our chance to show the County that we can work within guidelines, and keep the park clean!

Thank you for supporting the 2009 Battle at the Bend Presented by DiscGolfOregon.com

Questions or need directions please contact me directly at 541-six7three-six17one

Or Email me directly at: DiscGolfOregon@gmail.com

Comment

Results are up.

Just got done uploading the results for the Battle at the Bend.

Click here for the results

Congratulations to all the players and volunteers that made this years event possible. We look forward to bringing you another installment of the Battle at the Bend next year. Stay tuned for more details.

Comment

I'm a little biased but this was a great event and I want to congratulate Nathan and Derek for running their first PDGA event and really classing up the joint down there in Southern Oregon. They brought a bunch of sponsorship and ran a really smooth ship.

One Day PDGA tournaments in the fall are AWESOME!

Thanks again guys!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                            Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X