Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Emerald Valley Open

Hello Everyone,
    I am back from touring and ready to get things rolling on this event. We have a work party in cooperation with the Eugene Parks and Open Spaces coming up on June 13th. We will be meeting in the East Parking lot and working from 10AM to 2PM.

PDGA Online Registration will be opening very shortly also. Please stay tuned for more information to come. Don't hesitate to get in touch with me to answer any questions you may have.

Thanks for being so patient while we develop this event.

Andrew Rich
    Northwest Disc Golf Alliance
    541-225-7265
    Disc Golf Accessories

This will be my only chance to play competitive Disc Golf in June and maybe the rest of the summer... can we have at least a couple of days' heads up before registration opens?

Comment

Registration for The Emerald Valley Open has been opened on PDGA.com. Here is the link to the page where you can register. Thanks

Andrew Rich

http://www.pdgasignup.com/Qstore/Qst...ROD=1245135994
      Disc Golf Accessories

Comment

In talking to Andrew yesterday it sounds like course and tourney preparations are coming along nicely. The course is being mowed by the city parks and touched up by Andrew and other volunteers. There is still space left for Pros and Ams so give Andrew a call and get signed up, this event is going to be fun and a great showcase for disc golf right next to downtown Eugene and U of O campus where the USA Track and Field Nationals will be going on. See everybody there.
        Nate
        Innova Champion Discs
        Discmania
        huk lab
        Keen Footwear
        Grip EQ Disc Golf Bags
        Stimpi Ridge Disc Golf in Spokane, WA
        Play it Again Sports Corvallis and Eugene

Comment

I can't find out how much this tournament is. Any help?

Comment

Originally posted by Shaolintrained View Post
            I can't find out how much this tournament is. Any help?
            http://www.pdgasignup.com/Qstore/Qst...ROD=1245135994

looks like online signup is closed but you can still get a look at prices.
            pro 82
            adv52
            int 42
            May the wind be in your favor...

Comment

Can lazy people like me sign up at the park Saturday morning? If so, what time?

-Rick

Comment

i was at the course today and walked most of it with andrew. pretty nice looking little piece of land i must say. they've done a ton of work and the city mowers were out there today getting the job done... looks really really nice so far.

folks will be out there tomorrow at 10am to start a work party, and then again at 4/5pm for an afternoon work party. Drew NEEDS METAL CHAIN BASKETS. so if you have one let us know. i can pick them up if need be.

to answer your queston REIchard the answer is YES you can sign up saturday morning. tee off will be at 10am with i would assume a player meeting at 9:30 and sign up form 8am to 9am.
                GO TO ALTON BAKER PARK AND PARK IN EITHER THE RIGHT OR LEFT LOTS. the course starts on the left hand side and plays all the way towards cuthbert. pretty cool views of Pre's trail AND AUTZEN STADIUM. gonna be windy too. bet on that.

looks like only 50 or so people are signed up and if we only get 80 or less people then we will play the course 4 times, 2 rounds sat and 2 on sun! if we get more then it will be just 3 rounds which would be sweet cause that would mean a bigger payout.

hope many of you can make it down! this is going to be a fun time in downtown eugene with alot of people/track athletes/spectators abound. as i've said before, if anyone needs a place to post up SATURDAY night my kick ass yard is available with bathrooms and other "amenities" ...
                Last edited by Dr. Zaius; June 25th, 2009, 11:09 PM.

Comment

ALSO... my wife and i are hosting and a part of the whitaker LAST FRIDAY ART WALK friday night. we are going to have lots of art and music up in our yard and all are welcome. many people follow a map of all the houses in the whitaker (blair st. area) that host art and music and we are on that list. feel free to stop by for music art and cocktails!
                  443 madison st.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Zaius View Post
                    Drew NEEDS METAL CHAIN BASKETS. so if you have one let us know. i can pick them up if need be.
                    I've got one. PM me if you need it.

(I'd bring it myself but we'll be at Hayward all weekend.)

Comment

We have a Mach 5 but can't make the tourney. If someone from C-Valley can pick it up and take it down there with them, you're welcome to borrow it!

Comment

Any news on how the tourney went down?

Comment

TEVO

The tourney was a lot of fun and I think it did a great job showcasing disc golf in one of Eugene's most popular parks. Andrew ran everything smoothly and despite a small turnout we came up with 18 baskets, unfortunately a few M-14's, and cloth baskets had to be used, so there were some spitouts but I think they were equally harsh on everyone.
                          I won the Pro division by 5 shots with 72 bogey free holes and 27 birds. Kirk M. took second and appears to be a fixture on the podium with back to back trophies at Hoodoo and TEVO. Jessie Seibel came from the second card in the 4th round to snatch 3rd place. Shane Waters, Justin Skinnell, Kevin Maloney, and Andrew Rich rounded out the cashing spots.
                          Not sure on the Adv. and Int. winners, I know Chris Becker of Eugene was tearing up the Int. with a first day total of 3 under par, only 9 shots back of the Open leaders.
                          Thanks again to Andrew, hopefully thanks in large part to his efforts there will someday be a permanent course in Alton Baker Park.
                          Nate
                          Innova Champion Discs
                          Discmania
                          huk lab
                          Keen Footwear
                          Grip EQ Disc Golf Bags
                          Stimpi Ridge Disc Golf in Spokane, WA
                          Play it Again Sports Corvallis and Eugene

Comment

scores are posted!

but without round ratings.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Zaius View Post
                              scores are posted!

but without round ratings.
                              Yeah, what's up with that? Does anyone know what is missing to not have ratings?

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X