Beaver State Fling 2009, Scoring Averages Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Beaver State Fling 2009, Scoring Averages

    I have assembled the scores and have my predictions for the SSA for the East and the West courses.

    Separating out the MPO whose ratings average out to a 1000 rated, I took their scores and calculated the average scores per hole and sum of the average scores for the SSA. The break point for the MPO's was 972!

    It looks like the SSA on the West side went up this year but is going to be beat out by the EAST side again. These are the averages for both rounds for the weekend.

    West SSA (est) 58.03
    East SSA (est) 58.65

    I will put up the score averages by division on the Beaver State Fling website here shortly for you other number geeks
    PDGA #25296
    Stumptown #34

  • #2
    Originally posted by Flash View Post
    I will put up the score averages by division on the Beaver State Fling website here shortly for you other number geeks
    That would be me. Bring 'em on!

    Comment


    • #3
      Could the bails (Not really sure what they are called) around 8W have raised the SSA?
      Current World Rank: 2857th
      Lowest Rated Round: 777
      Worst Tournament Finish: 2nd From DFL MA2 GNO 2008
      Worst Drive: 10 Feet behind teepad
      Shortest Putt Missed During a Tournament: < 1 foot (Not Kidding)
      Best Fall: Hole 11 Trojan Park, before cement teepads
      Dirtiest Ace: Hole 12 Horning's Canyon Course through the "V" tree.
      Pairs of Shoes Ruined: 6

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by keys View Post
        Could the bails (Not really sure what they are called) around 8W have raised the SSA?
        I would think that moving the teepad back 100' on 10W would be the more likely culprit. I haven't seen the hole averages over the years, but I would guess that the original pad was birdied about 1 out of 3 times for the MPO division. Now I would guess it's more like 1 out of 8 or so?

        Mike, any chance you have the hole averages in a spreadsheet that we could peruse? I've had a growing interest in that for the last couple years.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by gwillim View Post
          I would think that moving the teepad back 100' on 10W would be the more likely culprit. I haven't seen the hole averages over the years, but I would guess that the original pad was birdied about 1 out of 3 times for the MPO division. Now I would guess it's more like 1 out of 8 or so?

          Mike, any chance you have the hole averages in a spreadsheet that we could peruse? I've had a growing interest in that for the last couple years.
          The BALES on 8w proved to be more of a reward shot than skip and get lucky, I liked this alot since the last two years, saw too many chicken crap shots slide their way onto the green, so wimpy! Go for it! So I like this and hope they stick with the BALES next year, my only suggestion is to put the bales on the cement and not the grass since the grass is supposed to be inbounds...
          As for 10W, that drop back reallllly affected the hole scores, since we were camping right there, we saw way more bogeys than I have ever seen on that hole.
          But the real story on the east course should be hole 4, kick who ever cut those trees! What used to be a toughhhh short hole is now, ahem, birdie or par easy...

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by snap7times View Post
            But the real story on the east course should be hole 4, kick who ever cut those trees! What used to be a toughhhh short hole is now, ahem, birdie or par easy...


            there is talk of moving that basket about 75-100' farther back and left.....
            "In Discatarianism We Trust"

            :cheers:

            :cool:sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              really? I would just clear out what is now a ugly patch of cut trees with one tree sticking a middle finger at ya right there off the tee, just clear it out, move the basket like rumored, or even move it to the right so you gotta place your shot downnn the fairway to even have a shot back right for birdie... either way would be cool, but with the ugly patch right there, i would clear that up first, it's just ugly...

              Comment


              • #8
                Wouldn't that put it almost on top of hole 1? That is, are we talking about tournament layout or current casual layout?

                Nevermind...
                Last edited by all2common; June 10th, 2009, 07:55 AM. Reason: I actually just read NWdiscer's post...
                Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by snap7times View Post
                  move it to the right so you gotta place your shot downnn the fairway to even have a shot back right for birdie...
                  ummm moving it to the right is impossible as #3 fairway is right there.....
                  "In Discatarianism We Trust"

                  :cheers:

                  :cool:sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    we have room to move it farther back left without compromising the Basket/Green area of #2 (BSF West) and the spot i picked will not be a gimme 2........
                    "In Discatarianism We Trust"

                    :cheers:

                    :cool:sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Sure... let's move the basket again... The three positions we have on that hole are not enough and we could use a fourth.

                      Uh... how about actually closing off that right gap as has been discussed. Build a freakin' treehouse. Maybe we could put a little tiny fridge in there somewhere... And we could just go up there and hang out. Like open the fridge and stuff. And there would already be foods laid out for us and stuff like... little pre-wrapped sausages and things. Mmmm. They have pre-wrapped sausages but they don't have pre-wrapped bacon.
                      ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                      ~Annika SŲrenstam

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Sam View Post
                        Sure... let's move the basket again... The three positions we have on that hole are not enough and we could use a fourth.

                        Uh... how about actually closing off that right gap as has been discussed. Build a freakin' treehouse. Maybe we could put a little tiny fridge in there somewhere... And we could just go up there and hang out. Like open the fridge and stuff. And there would already be foods laid out for us and stuff like... little pre-wrapped sausages and things. Mmmm. They have pre-wrapped sausages but they don't have pre-wrapped bacon.
                        This would be a great place for several Native American Totem Poles to appear.

                        Bob

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Sam View Post
                          Sure... let's move the basket again... The three positions we have on that hole are not enough and we could use a fourth.

                          Uh... how about actually closing off that right gap as has been discussed. Build a freakin' treehouse. Maybe we could put a little tiny fridge in there somewhere... And we could just go up there and hang out. Like open the fridge and stuff. And there would already be foods laid out for us and stuff like... little pre-wrapped sausages and things. Mmmm. They have pre-wrapped sausages but they don't have pre-wrapped bacon.


                          Build a frikken treehouse or move an anchor??????????

                          STFU.......
                          "In Discatarianism We Trust"

                          :cheers:

                          :cool:sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Sam View Post
                            They have pre-wrapped sausages but they don't have pre-wrapped bacon.
                            Can you blame them?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Well... yeah!

                              ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                              ~Annika SŲrenstam

                              Comment

                              Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X