X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May 7-9, 2010, mark it!

Alright, I just finsihed TD'ing the largest Deaf tournament in the NW, ever.
    And I want to give a shot at hosting a hearing/deaf tournament at Jerry Miller DGC @ Camp Taloali next year. The main purpose will be to raise money for the camp during a non peak month so that the camp has more funds for the summer. THe money will be raised through lodging fees and whatever else. I'm talking with PDGA if we can come to an agreement how to best sanction the event and keep money in our hands as much as possible.
    I am not going to dive into this until after October, but I would like to start looking for food vendors *will have access to the kitchen and indoor pavilion so serving food to 100-150 people will work easily* and also looking for volunteers that know they can help me coordinate the event from December 2009-the weekend of the event.
    I am thinking 4 rounds, 2 on each course, one perm. course, and one temp course. For the temp course, I will need 18 baskets and 18 tees *prefer the rubber ones, but natural ground will work as a back up plan*.
    There are alot of extra stuff that can be done during the weekend and I am well known for packing every available minute with something to do.
    So with that said.... mark that on your calendar, ping me if you want to help out or whatever @ snap7times@gmail.com
    Lodging will be first come first serve. There are;
    10 cabins with 8 beds each, each bed comes with a cubicle that you can lock with your own lock. 3 teepees that sleeps 3-6 each. 2 RV hook ups *can be reserved in advance* and unlimited camping space everywhere...
    I will be looking into the pool as well... there are 4-5 showers in each bathroom as well with locking cubicles in there as well *bring your own locks*...
    ok shutting up now....

Alright SNAPS!!! Way to go.. I will go ahead and bookmark that into my blackberry so I can make arrangements to come help out, etc...
    Practice - Practice - Practice -- Doing what I can to keep it on the fairway _ at least I try to!
    DDGA #202; WDDGA #37; ODDGA #47 ; PDGA #38171

Comment

Bump... this is happening, I am reviewing specifics with the camp board... but preliminary plan is on paper...
      2 rounds saturday, 2 rounds sunday
      Kitchen will be available for food vendors to cook and sell their food *preferably all disc golfers or those associated with disc golf doing this*
      So mark it down and plan on coming! Flyer wont come out for another few months but just want to get ahead with the dates so no one else conflicts with it... Maximum 144 players, and just think about it, this is about the only disc golf course that has lodging on the same grounds for that many people, am I wrong? I'll update this from time to time...

Comment

This will be PDGA sanctioned under charity tier C event. There will be no $10 non member fees as those will be waived. Anyone who wants to serve a significant role on the committee, please PM me. Am looking for a few people to help with making sure get 18 temp baskets/teepads, food service for breakfast and lunch on sat and sun etc... PM me for those interested in helping out.

Comment

This will be a charity Tier B tournament...
          I want to start getting a few volunteers that are interested in helping in specific areas like
          Getting food vendors for Breakfast and Lunch on saturday and sunday May 8-9
          Getting all neccesary baskets/tees/signage for 2nd temp course
          But I wont actually start progress on this as far as planning wise until jan-feb... anyone interested, email me...

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
          Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X