Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doubles

Originally posted by blang11 View Post
    Yeah, I was wondering this myself. I thought i saw an announcement about it on the forum before, but I have since been unable to find the alleged post.
    Doubles Friday at Bryant Park
    Schedule says tee at 5:45 but we may need to tee at 5:30. Be there at 5:00 to get signed up.

Weekly Doubles were held tonight at Waterloo and 20 showed up. Brad McDougall and Chris Cusack the winners at -13, tie for second Justin Skinnell Add Crawdad tied with Mike Storrs & ? with -11. This round was played in a little bit of rain... If I got the teams wrong well sorry but you get the idea, that there was some good shooting tonight.

Comment

Actually Crawdad and Dougie were the winners. At least that's what he told me!

Comment

Hey Dave - is there still room in this event? I am thinking about a last-minute change of plans and would like to know. Thanks.

AND IF I CAN GET IN:
        If anyone from Portland is planning on driving down both days and would like someone to chip in for some gas, please PM me.
        ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

A Few Spots Open

Originally posted by Sam View Post
          Hey Dave - is there still room in this event? I am thinking about a last-minute change of plans and would like to know. Thanks.

AND IF I CAN GET IN:
          If anyone from Portland is planning on driving down both days and would like someone to chip in for some gas, please PM me.
          We've got a spot for you Sam, the MA1 field is huge.

Headed out to Waterloo in a few minutes, so this is my last post/reply today. I'll see everyone this weekend.

Sorry about that Sarah.
          Nice shooting Crawdaddy & Mcdougall

Comment

Dave, I would like a spot so please save me one. I will find a ride. Should I check in and pay at Waterloo?

NOW... looking for that ride...
            ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
              Dave, I would like a spot so please save me one. I will find a ride. Should I check in and pay at Waterloo?

NOW... looking for that ride...
              You will need to check in at Bryant Park and youi can pay Scott. All Advanced divisions will play Bryant twice on Saturday.

I tried to leave but I've been on the phone...

Anyone with old Oregon Series scrip bring it with you this weekend or give it to someone coming down. The logistics of getting the trailer down here are being worked out.

Comment

Thank you, Dave. I would have showed up at Waterloo...

Again... is anyone going down on Saturday? I can camp overnight if no one is making the trip both days.
                ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Dave- Just a heads up, I forgot to tell you yesterday but there is a nasty bee's nest on hole 13 at Waterloo, the near side of the large log going across the fairway near the basket, on the left. It is in the ground and those bastards are vicious.

Comment

PM sent regarding transportation....
                    Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                    Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                    Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                    Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                    Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by Hayduke View Post
                      Dave- Just a heads up, I forgot to tell you yesterday but there is a nasty bee's nest on hole 13 at Waterloo, the near side of the large log going across the fairway near the basket, on the left. It is in the ground and those bastards are vicious.
                      I also saw one at Bryant on hole 13. It's across the path on the the left of the fairway about 2/3 up to the basket. above ground about the size of a cantaloupe.

I almost walked right into it when I was searching for my clear teebird my friend lost. By the way, I'm an idiot for letting my friend throw a clear colored disc on that hole. I'm still hoping to get that baby back this weekend.
                      Current World Rank: 2857th
                      Lowest Rated Round: 777
                      Worst Tournament Finish: 2nd From DFL MA2 GNO 2008
                      Worst Drive: 10 Feet behind teepad
                      Shortest Putt Missed During a Tournament: < 1 foot (Not Kidding)
                      Best Fall: Hole 11 Trojan Park, before cement teepads
                      Dirtiest Ace: Hole 12 Horning's Canyon Course through the "V" tree.
                      Pairs of Shoes Ruined: 6

Comment

That's a great first post, welcome to the forum, thanks for contributing, I have great respect for anyone that can spell vicious!
                        Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                        Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                        Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                        Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                        Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

got the bee bastards at Bryant but they put up a mean fight. Ouch.

Comment

Originally posted by Altophish View Post
                            got the bee bastards at Bryant but they put up a mean fight. Ouch.
                            Hell yeah that was quick! How did you get rid of it? River??
                            Current World Rank: 2857th
                            Lowest Rated Round: 777
                            Worst Tournament Finish: 2nd From DFL MA2 GNO 2008
                            Worst Drive: 10 Feet behind teepad
                            Shortest Putt Missed During a Tournament: < 1 foot (Not Kidding)
                            Best Fall: Hole 11 Trojan Park, before cement teepads
                            Dirtiest Ace: Hole 12 Horning's Canyon Course through the "V" tree.
                            Pairs of Shoes Ruined: 6

Comment

Ride secured. Looking forward to this as I didn't think it would happen this year.
                              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. Waterloo Parks staff nuked it before I got to the park. The wasps & yellow jackets have really started to get active. I'm ready to go after the next new one and I've got the Parks staff to help if necessary. It is one of their top priorities when a new nest is located on park grounds.

The Advanced pool filled today with a couple more MA2's moving on up. The courses look good, perfect weather (thank goodness), it must be GO time.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X