Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry i was in a hurry and thought i posted in the midsummers glide thread.

Comment

Originally posted by MOB47 View Post
      Sorry i was in a hurry and thought i posted in the midsummers glide thread.
      Heh, I figured as much, but with people being so damned impatient these days, you just never know what their next unreasonable expectation is going to be
      "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Hello Dave/ Scott, I just signed up yesterday at pdga.com, I was just making sure as it doesnt have me on the reg list yet that it isnt full or anything? Thanks cant wait
        Future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

Comment

If you were able to sign up on line, does that not mean there is still room in the tournament?
          Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
          Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
          Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
          Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
          Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
            If you were able to sign up on line, does that not mean there is still room in the tournament?
            Hey don't try to bring LOGIC into this discussion!
            Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
            Remain ye men of faculty complete,
            Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
            Attending to our noble bond and contract?
            Or does here stand the last remaining man
            To give a fig for rules and order yet,
            No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
            Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
            Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Inching Closer to Full

Originally posted by CarlitosBonitos View Post
              Hello Dave/ Scott, I just signed up yesterday at pdga.com, I was just making sure as it doesnt have me on the reg list yet that it isnt full or anything? Thanks cant wait
              The current registration list at pdga.com is controlled by the TD and is independent of you signing up at pdgasignup.com

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
              I would say in theory yes, however with two pools and the registration limit set at total of players in both pools; one pool can fill before the registration limit is met.

We are approaching that scenario here...
              11 spots left in the Pro/Int pool
              21 spots left in the Advanced pool

If you're planning on playing in the tournament and are not registered you know what you should do, right.

Comment

Thanks for the update, and I figured since online it has been showing 118 registered for a while now that maybe it might let me sign up and I could have been too late and it might have signed me up for the wait list... also I am excited for my first calapooia classic, so consider my question a bump if need be.

Comment

So it looks like we just need a few more people to make up a few divisions.

We need 2 more to sign up for masters and intermediate women to make them official.
                  We're also need 3 more Open women.

So if you know of someone who plays in these divisions that's not signed up yet, poke them with a stick!!

Comment

Registration Update

Originally posted by Altophish View Post
                    So it looks like we just need a few more people to make up a few divisions.

We need 2 more to sign up for masters and intermediate women to make them official.
                    We're also need 3 more Open women.
                    Not to worry we are allowing the divisions with fewer than 4 players.

After a few drops and more sign ups we are at 130 players as of 7/15.

Pro/Intermediate pool has 6 spots available.
                    Advanced player pool has 16 spots available.

Comment

I just opened up another spot in Intermediate and took one of those advanced spots away. Ready for my MA1 debut.
                      PDGA: #32726 rating: 930 StumptownDG: #31, Trojan Nation: Tag# 06
                      dgcoursereview.com profile: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=376

Comment

And here I see you're not waiting for the inflated courage. Good on you, kid. I hope you tear it up in our division!
                        ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

drop out

To the TD,

I signed up for this tourney a while ago and now I won't be able to make it. Is there a chance that you could release my spot to someone who can and would like to play (and then hopefully I could get my entry refunded) Unfortunately (as this is one of my favourite tourneys) I would love to be there but just can't. Please pm me (or just post here) to let me know if this is a possibility. I do have a friend who is interested in taking my spot and I could have him just pay me if it's possible to just change the names as opposed to going through the rigmarole of reimbursing, but I feel it is fairest to first offer ot to someone on the waitlist (if in fact there is one!)
                          David Moore (adv master pdga#24306

Comment

Registration Update

Originally posted by loki View Post
                            To the TD,

I signed up for this tourney a while ago and now I won't be able to make it. Is there a chance that you could release my spot to someone who can and would like to play (and then hopefully I could get my entry refunded) Unfortunately (as this is one of my favourite tourneys) I would love to be there but just can't. Please pm me (or just post here) to let me know if this is a possibility. I do have a friend who is interested in taking my spot and I could have him just pay me if it's possible to just change the names as opposed to going through the rigmarole of reimbursing, but I feel it is fairest to first offer ot to someone on the waitlist (if in fact there is one!)
                            David Moore (adv master pdga#24306
                            Full refund is in the mail.

The Pro/Intermediate pool is now closed to online registration. I'll post the waiting list as we get people on it. To get on the waiting list you need to mail in a registration form and a check or sign up in person with Scott or myself.

There is still room in the Advanced pool and regtistration is still open online.

Comment

Course Conditions

Went out to Bryant and Waterloo today, and the local clubs and parks and rec need to be commended! These course have come along way in the last couple of months! They are playing very nice with wide open fairways, still some stinging nettles out at Waterloo, but it serves me right for wearing shorts all the time. Cant wait for the classic, and I was informed that the monthly is being moved up a week to August 1st this month because of the classic, sothat spounds like a good time to get dow nthere for some more practice. Thanks again for all the hardwork!

Comment

What He Said!

Originally posted by CarlitosBonitos View Post
                                Went out to Bryant and Waterloo today, and the local clubs and parks and rec need to be commended! These course have come along way in the last couple of months! They are playing very nice with wide open fairways, still some stinging nettles out at Waterloo, but it serves me right for wearing shorts all the time. Cant wait for the classic, and I was informed that the monthly is being moved up a week to August 1st this month because of the classic, sothat spounds like a good time to get dow nthere for some more practice. Thanks again for all the hardwork!
                                Thanks for the kind words Carl.
                                The small but dedicated Albany club continues to work at getting the courses in tournament shape. We've also had a bunch of help from Greg (Waterloo park ranger) and his small crew working on the Waterloo course. If we're lucky Kirk might drive the big tractor in for some touch up when he gets back from World's, but honestly I think we'll be OK even if he can't.
                                Still big parts of both these courses are only one year old (or less) and they don't get the heavy use that Adair or Willamette do. There are rough spots in a few fairways, maybe no fairway where you think one should be, the rough is more punishing than rough on seasoned courses and natural tee areas that are not always flat and sometimes aggravating. Most players know this and are looking forward to the challenge.
                                Waterloo is already in much better shape than a year ago with Bryant in similar shape but working toward better. Also consider that two open holes at Bryant have been replaced by two tough wooded holes.

Albany Monthly will indeed be Saturday August 1st at Bryant.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X