X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Northwest Team Disc Invite Event?

I heard there was a thread somewhere in which Andrew Rich and / or Magilla mentioned their idea to have one of these events in the NW, and that they were throwing out the idea of including an Amateur event.

I dont see that thread but just wanted to chime in that I think this deserves some discussion. I would think there would be a lot of interest and support for this.

Originally posted by Lund View Post
    I heard there was a thread somewhere in which Andrew Rich and / or Magilla mentioned their idea to have one of these events in the NW, and that they were throwing out the idea of including an Amateur event.

I dont see that thread but just wanted to chime in that I think this deserves some discussion. I would think there would be a lot of interest and support for this.
    I agree!

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Lund View Post

This HAS been discussed. The MAIN issues are the "format", the venue AND the Regional boundries for each Team.
      It would most likely be modeled after the Southwest Team Invitational that has taken place in San Diego for the past 28 years.
      8 Teams, 12 Players per Team.........In ths model there are NO AMS.
      (8 Open, 3 Masters, 1 GM & 1 Woman)
      The ONLY way that AMS could be included is with STRICT Ratings brakets, which would make PDGA membership MANDITORY so up to date ratings could be used.
      IF it were to happen there would be room for 5 or 6 Teams from the NW with AT LEAST 2 invitations going out to Teams from the South (Sylmar, Redwood Empire, Santa Cruz or San Diego)

The Venue MUST be 24 Holes and a FAST playing course as 60 holes (5 Matches) are played on Saturday
      with 2 Matches and the Finals on Sunday (top 2 Teams)

Any thoughts

Comment

Originally posted by Magilla View Post
        8 Teams, 12 Players per Team.........In ths model there are NO AMS.
        (8 Open, 3 Masters, 1 GM & 1 Woman)

wouldnt that be 13?

Comment

He meant 7 Open players.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
          Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X