X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RCO Registration Update

Due to the complete lack of response from the people running the PDGA online sign-up process we will NOT be opening online registration today. If I do not hear from them either today or tomorrow I'm going to look in to other options.

I would also like to thank everyone who manned the Stumptown tent at the BSF this weekend. They took a lot of RCO entries while I was out playing.

I will be at Pier Doubles tomorrow night if anyone would like to sign up in person.

Keep an eye on this thread for more information.

Jeff
    "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

We are currently trying to get the online registration open, but its looking like it won't happen for a couple of days still.

I will be at Pier Park Doubles tonight accepting entries for the RCO. This will be your LAST chance to register before the floodgates open

Jeff
    "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Last year Titledisc.com was used for tourney registrations and there didn't seem to be the problems that there have been in entering tourneys/getting registrations opened on the website. Why isn't anyone using titledisc.com this year?
      Victorious warriors win first then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win

Comment

Jeff,

Is there a registration form that I can print out to mail you a check? I just looked at the 80 registrations online and got freaked out! I'm kicking myself for forgetting to get you a check last weekend

Comment

There is no entry from to fill out as we want to fill this tourney with online entries from here on out. As soon as we get the online entry straightened out this thread will tell you. Thanks for your patience in this matter.
          Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
          Remain ye men of faculty complete,
          Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
          Attending to our noble bond and contract?
          Or does here stand the last remaining man
          To give a fig for rules and order yet,
          No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
          Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
          Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

I am speaking out of ignorance here but why can't we do tournament registration off of the stumptown site? just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by Micah View Post
              I am speaking out of ignorance here but why can't we do tournament registration off of the stumptown site? just curious.
              We can and we're getting it set up now.

Comment

Originally posted by Micah View Post
                We have to figure out how to make it Ace Pot required for everybody but Micah.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
                  We have to figure out how to make it Ace Pot required for everybody but Micah.

Bob
                  Micah is THE reason that the Ace Pot is mandatory!
                  Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                  Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                  Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                  Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                  Or does here stand the last remaining man
                  To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                  No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                  Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                  Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Really? Mandatory ace pot? Seems unconventional for anything but a weekly...
                    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Somehow I don't think Micah will ever opt out of an acepot again.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                        Really? Mandatory ace pot? Seems unconventional for anything but a weekly...
                        Yeah, making the ace pot mandatory was my call.

I figured if the ace pot does go uncollected, and the money goes to Stumptown Disc Golf to be used to improve Pier Park then who could possibly find a reason to complain? I totally forgot about Sam

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
                          then who could possibly find a reason to complain? I totally forgot about Sam
                          THAT is funny.

Comment

Jeff,

I think Sam has a valid question and not just a complaint.

The question to be asked is: Are there legitimate holes at Trojan or Pier that can be aced by all skill levels? My answer would be yes For Trojan but no for Pier.

In the future all we have to do is say that a portion of the entry fee will be collected for maintenance and improvements at Pier Park. In a sense the Ace pot can fulfill this requirement but not all individuals have a realistic chance at getting the ace so they become donators while the individuals who have a chance become gamblers!

It could even work like this: entry fee was $62 dollars and ace pot would be collected at check-in. That way the TD would not have to worry about the amount of the ace pot if the ace is hit because he/she would have the cash in hand from check-in. The extra 2 dollars per person would be set aside as an event fee and assigned to help improve Pier Park.
                            PDGA #25296
                            Stumptown #34

Comment

Last year Titledisc.com was used for tourney registrations and there didn't seem to be the problems that there have been in entering tourneys/getting registrations opened on the website. Why isn't anyone using titledisc.com this year?
                              With Titledisc, you need to transfer all the registrants into the PDGA's system (TD report, player list, etc.). With the PDGA reg you can see your name immediately on the website. Also, the PDGA's system is cheaper for the players... part of your membership subsidizes that process. Finally, Titledisc was not known for prompt service and taking care of problems (simply because it was one guy who wanted a life). That owner sold it to a new person but by that time most of the '09 ORS events had switched over to the PDGA. However, it sounds like the PDGA system is also experiencing growing pains. Obviously, complete local control (ala Stumptown website signup) will be the most ideal, assuming that the system is stable and can handle the traffic.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X