X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rose City Open - July 11-12, 2009

Stumptown Disc Golf is proud to announce the Rose City Open will be held July 11th & 12th at Pier & Trojan Parks. All divisions will be playing 3 rounds of 18 plus the top 4 Pro Men and the Top 4 Adv Men will also be playing a final nine.

We will be accepting registration for the Rose City Open at the Stumptown Tent during the Beaver State Fling. This is the ONLY place we will be accepting entries prior to registration opening online starting on Tuesday, May 26th at 6:00pm. If you want to sign up for the Rose City Open at the BSF please remember to bring cash or a check as we will only be accepting PAID registrations.

Entry Fees + $2 Ace Pot
    $60 All pros
    $50 All Ams
    $40 All Juniors

Please Note:
    Although we are allowing 144 players, we will be limiting each pool to 72 players. The A Pool (Open Men, Open Masters & Advanced Men) will be playing Trojan twice on Saturday and Pier once on Sunday. The B Pool (All other divisions) will be playing Pier Park twice on Saturday and Trojan once on Sunday. In the event the A Pool does not fill to the full 72, I will be moving some divisions to the A Pool. We will make additional information available as soon as the registration process starts to flush out.

We have decided to make the ace pot a requirement for this event. In the event the ace pot does NOT get hit during the weekend the ace pot money will be held by Stumptown Disc Golf and used to improve Pier Park. We would like to use the money towards tee signs, but that will be decided at a later date.

I'm sure I forgot a ton of stuff, so... keep an eye out on this thread for the latest greatest news.

Jeff Hagerty
    "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Based on how fast the first to ORS filled, there is a very real possibility that registration for RCO could fill at the BSF - before online registration even starts.

So is it just a case of tough luck for the poor bastards who are unable to make it to the Fling this year?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
      Based on how fast the first to ORS filled, there is a very real possibility that registration for RCO could fill at the BSF - before online registration even starts.

So is it just a case of tough luck for the poor bastards who are unable to make it to the Fling this year?
      Proud member #20 of STUMPTOWN Disc Golf and the PDGA #30488
      Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

Comment

Answer: Yes.
        Solution: You know many people that will be at the Fling next week. Give them your money and your stats and they will get you signed up.

No?
        ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Ummmm... Intermediate AMS?? Unless ADV and INT same price for RCO?
          And about BSF, if you ain't playing, still no excuse not to show up and watch, gosh, all of the top pros in the NW once a year, GO!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post

I seriously doubt that will happen, but I guess its a possibility. With the way things have been going lately, regardless of how we handle registration someone is bound to be pissed off.

At least I am planning to open registration online at 6pm, so people who don't have net access at work still have a chance.

I don't know... do you have a better idea? Maybe we should just hold a lottery?
            "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
              Solution: You know many people that will be at the Fling next week. Give them your money and your stats and they will get you signed up.
              Yep.

Scott, if you come to my work at Oregon Orchard and give me a check, I'll sign you up at BSF. There, problem solved.

-gw

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
                Ummmm... Intermediate AMS?? Unless ADV and INT same price for RCO?
                And about BSF, if you ain't playing, still no excuse not to show up and watch, gosh, all of the top pros in the NW once a year, GO!
                "ALL Ams", oddly enough, means... ALL Ams

Comment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Scott

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
                  I seriously doubt that will happen, but I guess its a possibility. With the way things have been going lately, regardless of how we handle registration someone is bound to be pissed off.

At least I am planning to open registration online at 6pm, so people who don't have net access at work still have a chance.

I don't know... do you have a better idea? Maybe we should just hold a lottery?
                  What Jeff said! Given recent history this is the best way to try and accomodate everyone.

And remember, this is the ONLY way to get signed up other than online. I am not taking registration, Jordan Lewis is not taking registration, only those who sign up at the Stumptown booth with PAID registratioin will count other than online sign ups. With multiple TD's involved we don't want he said/he said arguments going on. We are going to make this the best event possible for all players. Wow! Isn't disc golf in the Great Northwest awesome?

Bob

Comment

"ALL Ams", oddly enough, means... ALL Ams
                    I had to ask... I know someone would have asked anyways, since INT and ADV are usually priced differently but had to ask had to ask... even if I can't go... Be representing west coast at the Deaf Nationals in Illinois...
                    and before i go, that should be MA1 and MA2, before the "disc golf police" come and stir up some tickets for mislabeling of divisions...

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
                      I had to ask... I know someone would have asked anyways, since INT and ADV are usually priced differently but had to ask had to ask... even if I can't go... Be representing west coast at the Deaf Nationals in Illinois...
                      and before i go, that should be MA1 and MA2, before the "disc golf police" come and stir up some tickets for mislabeling of divisions...
                      Yeah, I was going to use the appropriate abbreviations but I didn't want to confuse anyone

Comment

What days and times will the Stumptown booth be open to take registrations during the fling?

Comment

Originally posted by Pizzel View Post
                          What days and times will the Stumptown booth be open to take registrations during the fling?
                          Should be there all three days, or just find me during lunch.

Comment

Should be there all three days, or just find me during lunch.
                            Thanks! Can't make the Fling, but I have someone who can bring my registration in.

Comment

Hey Jeff, I am not a current PDGA member and haven't played a tourney in awhile. Is there a non member fee I would need to include?
                              Putting......heh...EASIEST THING IN THE WORLD!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X