• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red Tent? Elaborate?

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
      Red Tent? Elaborate?
      First rule of the Red Tent: You don't talk about the Red Tent!
      Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
      Remain ye men of faculty complete,
      Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
      Attending to our noble bond and contract?
      Or does here stand the last remaining man
      To give a fig for rules and order yet,
      No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
      Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
      Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

sign about it??

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
          First rule of the Red Tent: You don't talk about the Red Tent!
          Yeah Snap, sorry! I'm kinda tied down on this one.
          Current World Rank: 2857th
          Lowest Rated Round: 777
          Worst Tournament Finish: 2nd From DFL MA2 GNO 2008
          Worst Drive: 10 Feet behind teepad
          Shortest Putt Missed During a Tournament: < 1 foot (Not Kidding)
          Best Fall: Hole 11 Trojan Park, before cement teepads
          Dirtiest Ace: Hole 12 Horning's Canyon Course through the "V" tree.
          Pairs of Shoes Ruined: 6

Comment

Ray's great cooking, fried bread, home brew, Q's ace on 17, and beating Sam again.

Comment

I'll be getting the story one way or another at BSF.... bewareeeeee.... heh. besides, the stories would probably fall on Deaf ears anyways, and who am I to tell? Mute is the word...

Comment

Originally posted by the flogging putter View Post
                Ray's great cooking, fried bread, home brew, Q's ace on 17, and beating Sam again.
                Yeah... that last one sure was a great accomplishment.
                ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Here is my recap of the weekend.

I am in Texas---worried about the "swine flu" while sitting in training. Log on to PDGA to see if I can get any updates. NONE

Same day---later time---still a little worried about the flu but its 88 degrees outside so before going outside after training, I check for updates-NONE.

This goes on all weekend and now I'm home----still no updates!!!

BUT---I have read this thread and I can't thank you guys enough for the recap. I missed all of you so much but you have made feel like I was there.

Thank you and I hope everyone had a wonderful time. If you didn't, I wasn't there.

See all of you at BSF!!!!!
                  PDGA President

Comment

The memories are many and somewhat dulled by now. I didn't even visit the Red Tent!

Plan was to leave at 11:00 a.m. on Thursday, bumped to 10:00 but after getting up early and realizing I was packed and ready to go I couldn't take any longer and upted the time to 9:00. Heading down I-5 I got a call from my wife and her Grandmother had passed away earlier in the morning. I offered to turn around and head back home but she would have no part of it and insisted I go ahead as planned. She made all of our travel plans to Santa Barbara and packed for both of us. I love my wife soooooooooo much.

After arriving and setting up camp we hit the course for a round of good ol' golf. Grilled steak and homemade fries for dinner, putting in camp, Darr on guitar, campfire, laughes, and more putting. Friday morning brought hot breakfast with good friends, moving of camp to Group site, run to town for cash, more golf, homemade chili, putting, good friends, campfire, putting and more good times with new aquaintences and old friends.

Saturday morning..........Tournament ON! I won't tell of any great shots by myself, since there weren't any. Actually none all weekend! But fun none the less. Saturday night glow discs flying all over the fairway of hole 18 was spectacular. Early to bed for me and it was lights out! This old man was beat so no Red Tent for me.

Sunday morning found my eyes wide open by 6:00 a.m. even though my round didn't start till late. I'm always concerned with conditioning and how my old bones will react to three big rounds in two days. I was ready to go and on my way to hole 6 for our start I was ahead of the other guys and for some reason as I got to the bottom of the hill I found my feet moving faster and broke into a run up the hill. (I don't run, EVER) I did it again part way up 13. My golf for the weekend really sucked, but I felt great and being able to finish and still have energy was a great accomplishment for me.

Two moments stand out most for me from the GNO however. One was of a Pro player showing the worst display of UNprofessional attitude I've ever witnessed. I hope I never see anything like again!

The other was of a Pro player showing the BEST display of Professional attitude under the worst of circumstances. I witnessed the Ace by Susie on 17 and was one of 20-30 spectators to jump up cheering loudly. I was also waiting to watch Nate Sexton drive on 18. As I jumped up yelling I turned my head to see Nate, his head down, shoulders slumped, standing on the tee pad with no disc in his hand. I then realized what had happened. It was such a bittersweet moment. As Nate walked off, up the fairway, he was already smiling laughing and understood the situation and how it was what it was. Nate Sexton is an incredible human and the best representation of Professional sportsmanship. I'm honored to know him and be able to play in any event he is part of. You rock, young man!

Bob

Comment

I would love to hear more about the UNprofessional actions by whoever it was. Name not be included of course. PM me if you dont feel ok posting it here, thanks.
                      All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

My moments were mostly with Bob since we were on the same card all weekend. But here's the deal. Bob, you are the classiest act out there. When I was PO'd and letting the expletives fly and the bad attitude at so many bad shots, you were always there with a calming influence. I apologize if my bad play and bad attitude hindered your weekend in any way. You are indeed..... The Man. Thanks for all you do. Disc Golf needs you.
                        Missed you at Two's this week.

Peace out,
                        Smo
                        Training to be a bagger

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                        Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X