X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fairway ace

I wanted to clarify that Dave Heider's birdie was on hole 16 in the long placement with an over 150ft second drive!
    I also had my best drive on that hole parking it 25ft away in the short placement and then hit basket and missed the bird! that happened a lot that weekend.

Comment

I had lots of memories, and some of them were even good!

- hanging out with my wife with no kids for the weekend!
      - putting worse in my 1st round than in any round since 2005
      - watching Sean's sick ace on hole 9
      - playing with great guys the whole time that kept it fun even when we weren't playing well
      - following McGrew, Lund, Langer and some of the other advanced dudes between rounds
      - Haley and Ebee winning their divisions!
      - playing the whole weekend without a back brace and without back pain!
      - did I mention having fun with my wife without the kids?

Comment

Originally posted by KenGilmore View Post
        - following McGrew, Lund, Langer and some of the other advanced dudes between rounds
        And it really wasn't an issue until McGrew went to the bathroom and Ken was there. Then it was a little weird...
        ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

And once again an innocent thread starts to take a turn for the worse...

Comment

Originally posted by KenGilmore View Post
            And once again an innocent thread starts to take a turn for the worse...
            That's Sam's raison d'etre in case you hadn't noticed...
            Last edited by Jeff Hemmerling; April 28th, 2009, 01:51 PM. Reason: better language

Comment

Aw, man... I was just joking...
              ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

French is a better language?!
                ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                  French is a better language?!
                  Certainly has more taste than your avatar.

Comment

A few of my memorable moments from this weekend.

- Finally getting a tournament round under 60 at Whistlers.
                    - Playing glow catch in 18s fairway.
                    - Dave Heider's crazy powerful laser.
                    - Watching Drives from the top of 14.
                    - Killing Mat in the car Sunday morning after eating two big bowls of Bobs chili the night before. Thanks Bob!
                    - Watching two of my favorite disc golfin ladies play and take wins.
                    - Hanging out with the crew next to 18.
                    - Having a discussion with James Moore as to the origins of using the word "son" after everything, son!.
                    - A few stops by the Red tent.
                    - Meeting new people on three great cards.
                    - Most importantly, playing like crap, learning from it, and still having fun!
                    Last edited by keys; April 28th, 2009, 02:39 PM. Reason: Forgot one.
                    Current World Rank: 2857th
                    Lowest Rated Round: 777
                    Worst Tournament Finish: 2nd From DFL MA2 GNO 2008
                    Worst Drive: 10 Feet behind teepad
                    Shortest Putt Missed During a Tournament: < 1 foot (Not Kidding)
                    Best Fall: Hole 11 Trojan Park, before cement teepads
                    Dirtiest Ace: Hole 12 Horning's Canyon Course through the "V" tree.
                    Pairs of Shoes Ruined: 6

Comment

ohhh...the red tent.
                      Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

Standing on the road at hole 18 watching the lead card in pro on Sunday, Nate Sexton is getting ready to unleash a bomb and suzie Q cans a drive on hole 17. There were about 20 people watching the ace and all hell broke loose when it crashed the chains. Felt kinda bad for Nate but mad props to suzie Q for that one.
                        Hey Sam, sorry bout the horrible round. At least your weekend got better, my next two rounds were some of the most challenging golf I've ever had to play. I miscued my drive on 11, nicked a tree and shot straight left. My upshot was from about 100 feet from 7's basket (ouch!!!). Somehow pulled a 5 out of it. Great tournament, great people and great food capped off my weekend. Can't wait until dub's

Comment

Ray, I could tell that you are a far better golfer than your tournament let on.

Here's to future tournaments with better outcomes - for both of us.
                          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

I'll drink to that one!!!!

Comment

Dangit Ray! You were my fantasy pick! You're FIRED!

Comment

Man... no second chances with this guy. One bad tournament and you are looking for someone new to pick you for Fantasy DG. Harsh.
                                ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X