X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worlds Biggest #18 - UDA - 5/2-5/3

The Umpqua Disc Association will be hosting it's 18th Worlds Biggest Disc Golf Weekend on May the 2nd and 3rd.
    We'll be using Riverfront, Whistlers, Green Oaks, Lawson Bar and da Bridge.
    The original idea of WB was and still is to try and get new dger's to come out and play.
    In 1992 it was actually called a tournament, but JH felt that this may have scared newbs away so he dropped the tourney title.
    A feller in Europe brought close to 50 new golfers one year which lead to the "Rolf Frei Award", going to whoever brought the most peeps.
    There will be something very nice again for the person bringing the most newbs.
    Merchandise is once again available and can be ordered the day of the event.
    Lists will be at all the courses, so please sign and help us reach our goal of 250.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    - Anonymous

Respect?

It's probably not a big deal to most, myself included, BUT, it doesn't seem right that a mod or whoever can go into someone's post and change/add to it just because that's the way they think it should read.
    Maybe I left a few things out that could have been added but hey maybe I didn't want to add them.
    Is it my right?
    Tinnyrate added info is not the point.
    I feel a wee bit invaded here and just hope it doesn't happen too much.
    Other than that this site is very informative and entertaining.
    thanks
    yose
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    - Anonymous

Comment

We almost always add the date to threads in the Upcoming Events section - it only makes sense, because it makes the forum index sort of like a calendar. I also added "Roseburg area" to yours because there are numerous WBDGW events on the same dates.

But I didn't touch your posting itself.
      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Flatroc View Post
        The Umpqua Disc Association will be hosting it's 18th Worlds Biggest Disc Golf Weekend on May the 2nd and 3rd.
        We'll be using Riverfront, Whistlers, Green Oaks, Lawson Bar and da Bridge.
        The original idea of WB was and still is to try and get new dger's to come out and play.
        In 1992 it was actually called a tournament, but JH felt that this may have scared newbs away so he dropped the tourney title.
        A feller in Europe brought close to 50 new golfers one year which lead to the "Rolf Frei Award", going to whoever brought the most peeps.
        There will be something very nice again for the person bringing the most newbs.
        Merchandise is once again available and can be ordered the day of the event.
        Lists will be at all the courses, so please sign and help us reach our goal of 250.
        As a former Rolf Frei Award winner, I've been going since 96, 18 years is good streak! But I've never seen it at so many courses. I'm jealous. But playing all of those courses would work me over...
        Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
        Remain ye men of faculty complete,
        Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
        Attending to our noble bond and contract?
        Or does here stand the last remaining man
        To give a fig for rules and order yet,
        No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
        Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
        Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

leave my box alone please

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
          We almost always add the date to threads in the Upcoming Events section - it only makes sense, because it makes the forum index sort of like a calendar. I also added "Roseburg area" to yours because there are numerous WBDGW events on the same dates.

But I didn't touch your posting itself.
          Yeh I figured it was probably you.
          For the record WB dates are the same all over the whole world.
          And 2 of these courses are not considered by me to be in the Roseburg area.
          Also I enjoy the "title box".
          When I post/type whatever in this box these are MY WORDS and when you add something you ARE touching my post IMHO.
          You're still doing a darn fine job.
          - Anonymous

Comment

You're right, Lawson Bar isn't exactly "Roseburg" - but I still think the subject should distinguish it from other threads. As for them all being the same date... not everyone knows that, especially newer players.

So I'm unrepentant about "touching" your words. We have moderators for a reason, and the Events forum in particular is frequently subject to re-organization.
            Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
            Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X