Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worlds Biggest Timber Park 5/2/09

Here is the link for the 2009 Worlds Biggest
    http://www.discgolfpugetsound.com/first/news.htm

The last day to pre-register is tomorrow April 15th That means If you want your PP on the 2nd you need to pay by tomorrow.
    rewindb.com

Holy short notice, Batman!
    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Wow that does not give us much time. I might have to pass this year.

Cindy
      Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
      2013 Chick Flick co-TD
      Stumptown #176
      PDGA #37716

Comment

It's all part of the master plan. (just kidding) Jerry has been on Vacation for a couple of weeks. Val asked me to set it up so I did.
        rewindb.com

Comment

Just beacuse it short notice does not mean you still can't find your way out on Sat. Get the pack or not it's still a great chance to support DG worldwide! jub
          rewindb.com

Comment

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
            It's all part of the master plan. (just kidding) Jerry has been on Vacation for a couple of weeks. Val asked me to set it up so I did.
            I don't see this as a valid reason. Even if Jerry announced the event (and cut off date for ordering) before he went on vacation, that would still be less than two weeks notice, which isn't very much.

Jerry does WB every year. I'm guessing he knew he was going to run WB in 2009 even before the one in 2008 even ended. Why does it take 11 1/2 months to announce anything?

Comment

Why all of the complaining? Other events sell out in 24 hours. Why not this one?

Sorry... couldn't help myself.

By the way... it's weird that the flyer says that players' packs will be ordered after the event...
              ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

If you don't pre reg, WB players packs have always been ordered after the event, Sam :P

Comment

At least the good news is he did not bail on a series at the last moment.wink wink nudge nudge say no more

Maybe there needs to be another thread about the protocol for announcing events. What is a fair lead time to sign up?

Yes! depot does WBDGW every year. But after the ace race controversy last fall he did not want to step on anyone Else's toes who might be thinking they would run WBDGW this year Same with Ice Bowl.

Sam the PP things is easy by ordering after the event and you get exactly how many you need no speculation involved.
                  rewindb.com

Comment

At least the good news is he did not bail on a series at the last moment.wink wink nudge nudge say no more
                    :|

Yes! depot does WBDGW every year. But after the ace race controversy last fall he did not want to step on anyone Else's toes who might be thinking they would run WBDGW this year Same with Ice Bowl.

----------------------------------------

The last day to pre-register is tomorrow April 15th That means If you want your PP on the 2nd you need to pay by tomorrow.
                    +

Sam the PP things is easy by ordering after the event and you get exactly how many you need no speculation involved.
                    =

Last edited by Sam; April 14th, 2009, 07:32 PM. Reason: Needed to add ----------------------------------------
                    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
                      If you don't pre reg, WB players packs have always been ordered after the event, Sam :P
                      Naturally.

The OP (opening post) in this thread stated that if you signed up today or tomorrow, you would get your player's pack at the event.

The flyer states that players' packs would be ordered after the event.

Am I really the only one who sees this as two different statements that contradict each other?
                      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                        Am I really the only one who sees this as two different statements that contradict each other?
                        It's not that the flyer contradicts what Jub said here... it's that the flyer doesn't say anything at all about the ability to pre-order by 4/15.
                        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

No, I see it. And I see using stepping on another event, one he never ran, as an excuse to not announce an event he always ran...wtf? But, so what; it doesn't change the amount of annie I need on hole 11 at Pier tomorrow afternoon.
                          educate your thinking

Comment

Originally posted by JMan View Post
                            No, I see it. And I see using stepping on another event, one he never ran, as an excuse to not announce an event he always ran...wtf?
                            In fairness, this could have been a Jub invention. An InJubtion, if you will. Or a Jubvention.

But yeah... that's pretty much why I threw the out there. Total WTF and total Red Herring.
                            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Here is the link for the 2009 Worlds Biggest
                              http://www.discgolfpugetsound.com/first/news.htm

I guess this was not clear enough to get throught all the smoke haze and empty beer cans.

According to you all the Bottom line is Jerry is damned if he does and damned if he does not. I guess there is just no pleasing any of you. I am pretty sure thats why no one ever tries too anymore.
                              rewindb.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X