X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
    I guess this was not clear enough to get throught all the smoke haze and empty beer cans.

According to you all the Bottom line is Jerry is damned if he does and damned if he does not. I guess there is just no pleasing any of you. I am pretty sure thats why no one ever tries too anymore.
    Jub, try to keep up here, OK?

The flyer states "Players Packs will be ordered after event and available for
    pick up at Disc Golf Depot. More details to be announced". It makes no mention of the option to order player's packs by the 15th.

Comment

At least the good news is he did not bail on a series at the last moment.wink wink nudge nudge say no more
      What the hell does that have to do with the topic on hand?

Maybe there needs to be another thread about the protocol for announcing events. What is a fair lead time to sign up?
      Not a bad idea. Would Mr. Miller follow that protocol? Would he even read it?

Yes! depot does WBDGW every year. But after the ace race controversy last fall he did not want to step on anyone Else's toes who might be thinking they would run WBDGW this year Same with Ice Bowl.
      Did you honestly think anyone would buy what you're selling here? This is one of the few times I wish ODSA was online, so I could look at posts from years past. A two-week advance notice before the event has been the rule, not the exception, to Jerry's WB events.

Sam the PP things is easy by ordering after the event and you get exactly how many you need no speculation involved.
      And it's sooooo convenient for the players, too. On the plus side, it does bring additional foot traffic into Jerry's garage.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
        What the hell does that have to do with the topic on hand?
        It has to do with others who announce events or SERIES and then bail two weeks before Like the Bellingers and the Ore series and the recent WA series coup the day before Aloha

Not a bad idea. Would Mr. Miller follow that protocol? Would he even read it?

The real question is will you as a DG quit whineing about too short of a notice to attend if the protocols are established.

Did you honestly think anyone would buy what you're selling here? This is one of the few times I wish ODSA was online, so I could look at posts from years past. A two-week advance notice before the event has been the rule, not the exception, to Jerry's WB events.

I too wish for archives and then I could reference the stink made about the Ace Race last fall (by the way Jman) Jerry has run the ace race several times in the past 7 or so year. Back in 04 he preordered the PP and got stuck by those who said they would attend but did not.

And it's sooooo convenient for the players, too. On the plus side, it does bring additional foot traffic into Jerry's garage.
        God you don't whine about having to go to next adventure to redeem scrip. It seems to me there is enough "convienece" for the golfers already. Maybe he should drive them around to all of you. Maybe he should call first and see if you want him to pick anything else up for you on his way to your house.

This reminds me of the self gain ************ song. Me! Me-Me! Me Me-Me! Me!
        Last edited by Magilla; April 15th, 2009, 07:08 AM. Reason: language
        rewindb.com

Comment

God you don't whine about having to go to next adventure to redeem scrip. It seems to me there is enough "convienece" for the golfers already. Maybe he should drive them around to all of you. Maybe he should call first and see if you want him to pick anything else up for you on his way to your house.

This reminds me of the self gain *********** song. Me! Me-Me! Me Me-Me! Me!

Is this the kind of language we want children and parks and rec officials to see on the forum? The garbled syntax and poor spelling is bad enough....
          Last edited by Magilla; April 15th, 2009, 07:08 AM.

Comment

Point taken but still applies Why does the entire community need to be redesigned just so a few lazy players might particapte.
            rewindb.com

Comment

[B]God you don't whine about having to go to next adventure to redeem scrip.
              That's because I've never won NA script. But if I did, I doubt I would complain because

1) NA is more centrally located
              2) I don't have to schedule an appointment to go there.

Comment

Point taken but still applies Why does the entire community need to be redesigned just so a few lazy players might particapte.
                It's called growth. Make the sport more appealing and convenient and more will play.

Comment

Jub... I think you are forgetting the fact that the Bellingers have more class in their little piggy toes than you have on your whole residential block, I am guessing. Certainly more than you and Mr. Miller could ever hope to have. Ever. In multiple lifetimes. Seriously... ever.

I certainly hope that you meant to write two months and not two weeks and are not trying to re-invent history like you are doing with the Ace Race thing. Something Jerry did 5 years ago in no way qualifies as something he has done all along.

Here's a bit of advice for you and the Depot: Don't bring up stuff that you did that makes you look like a complete tool - like the Ace Race thing.
                  ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                  ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Sam As a tool of the Bellingers you would understand that whatever comes from your mouth is just that a tool for someone Else's agenda. When you speak of the former ore series coordinators and how on "the up and up" they were is a joke. They were the Madoffs of the NW DG world. For you to propose they have more integrity then Jerry and his life long support of DG is also a hoot. It seems to me that Miller is the default (not at fault) person to offer these type of events.

Scott, This type of event is exactly what attracts new players to DG. The fact it's all day, You can play with your friends, has no entry fee (unless you want the a fore mentioned PP) Offers food and Drink. God! what is there to gripe about and yet you still do? I was just talking to Stern and he said WBGDW was already on his calendar he just needed to add Timber to the list, So for all of you whiners out there the basic info was posted (even the deadline for pre reg) is on the National site. Just because There might not be a local event They still want you to support it Nationally
                    rewindb.com

Comment

This type of event is exactly what attracts new players to DG.
                      Okay... so how has this been/how will it be publicized to those new players? Are there flyers up at REI, Next Adventure, and Play It Again Sports? How about at local courses and community centers?
                      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

OMG can't we all just get along

Comment

Originally posted by George A. View Post
                          No. And why would we want to?

Imagine - While discussing high taxes and the overall repression by the British, Ben Franklin stands up and says, "OMG can't we all just get along?"
                          Where would we be today?

Yeah - that's an extreme example, so don't even start picking it apart. Disc Golf is not equal to the American Revolution. BUT - change will not occur unless there is first discussion. And there are areas within the sport that could certainly use change.
                          Last edited by Scott; April 15th, 2009, 10:08 AM. Reason: Added additional thought

Comment

Sam As a tool of the Bellingers you would understand that whatever comes from your mouth is just that a tool for someone Else's agenda. When you speak of the former ore series coordinators and how on "the up and up" they were is a joke. They were the Madoffs of the NW DG world. For you to propose they have more integrity then Jerry and his life long support of DG is also a hoot. It seems to me that Miller is the default (not at fault) person to offer these type of events.

Please. It should be obvious to anyone who has been paying attention that for Jerry it is about making money and not growing the sport. Growing the sport would include encouraging new TDs to get involved - not overscheduling their event in an effort to make a few more $$. And this is but one example of how nonsensical it is to claim that Jerry is in this to grow the sport. This is fantasy, Jub. I don't think anyone believes it anymore.

Let me say it again - the Bellingers have more class than you or Jerry could ever HOPE to have. As for integrity, I would say we need to look no further than the fiasco that Jerry caused by trying to step on J-Man's toes with the Ace Race thing. A vacuum is how I would describe it if I am being honest. And that has nothing to do with the Bellingers.

Remember - there were years and years of Jerry badmouthing the Bellingers behind their back. Did they respond in kind? Nope. They never said anything negative to me about Jerry or Depot. That would be class, Jub.

Scott, This type of event is exactly what attracts new customers for DGD.
                            SO close.... I fixed that for you.

If this was a "grow disc golf" type of event, Jerry would invite all vendors and all interested parties to set up a booth and share the expenses with him so that people wouldn't get the mistaken idea that DGD is the only place in town to get discs and gear.

What are the chances of that EVER happening?
                            ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by George A. View Post
                              What he said...^^^^^^!

Bob

Comment

I am pretty sure Each has their own chance to run this type of event.

Yes Scott the flayers could be posted at the business and organizations you mentioned. Care to head that up? If not; Again I know Bob could use some BSF help?

Money or Growth Jeez sam you said it yourself it's OK to do it for both. By that same logic I guess Jerry is also the default course designer too. Or as a legitimate business is he the only one who answers his phone when inquiries are made.

Sam It's a good question, Why don't you ask him? Personally?

Just for the record I am the only TD who allows what Sam is proposing. Both Scrip and Sales and Jerry has always been very supportive of this concept.

Quitters or burn-outs? I know no matter how tired and burnt Jerry is he would never bail at the 11Th hr like your heroes did. Talk about trying to rewrite history to reflect a better light.
                                rewindb.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X