Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hyzer Pines still set for June 20-21st?

Trying to organize time off work and I wanted to know if anyone had details on the Hyzer Pines event.
    Date for sure?
    Set-up the same?
    Registration dates?

Thanks!
    Josh Powell

Originally posted by joshdpowell View Post
    Trying to organize time off work and I wanted to know if anyone had details on the Hyzer Pines event.
    Date for sure?
    Set-up the same?
    Registration dates?

Thanks!
    Josh Powell
    Magilla has the answers you seek. It is my understanding though that Hyzer Pines is not happening. There is another event to replace it.

Bob

Comment

Date for sure?
      Set-up the same?
      Registration dates?

Thanks!
      Josh Powell

There is NO Hyzer Pines event on the 20th & 21st.....

The "Oregon Series" event from the "Rebels" will be at HOODOO on that same weekend.
      Midsummer's Glide.......

Some info can be found at www.centraloregondiscgolf.com

MORE will be avail at GNW.......Online Reg will open MONDAY APRIL 27th

Comment

thanks for the heads up

I heard that it might be at Hoodoo this year. It should be fun! Thanks.

Comment

I heard that it might be at Hoodoo this year. It should be fun! Thanks.
          I wonder if the snow will be gone by then?

Comment

Originally posted by Jester View Post
            That is a good question considering the reports I saw today for late spring snow fall accumulations possible down to 3000 feet!
            PDGA #25296
            Stumptown #34

Comment

Awesome! We can ski to our disc. It will make for really short rounds.
              Keep the snow coming

Comment

You've never thrown a spike-hyzer in the snow, have you Celeste?
                ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

No I never have thrown a spike hyzer in snow, doesn't seem prudent.
                  My ski and golf addictions tend to battle each other this time of year, so Iím willing to try it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jester View Post

Seeing how we have LOTS of snow at My Bachelor when it opens in early July.......Id say that we WILL still have some snow in areas at HooDoo.
                    The base elevation is a heck of alot lower at HooDoo.

Its gonna be AWESOME.

Flyers will be avail at GNW..
                    Online signups will open Monday April 27th.....either PDGA or TitleDisc TBA

Comment

I am curious to see the map of this course. Hoodoo has always been my home ski resort as my cabin is in Detroit Lake...

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
                        I am curious to see the map of this course. Hoodoo has always been my home ski resort as my cabin is in Detroit Lake...
                        The "Course(s)" are still in the "design" phase......

Typically...a "Ryan Lane Mtn Layout" will have 45 holes total.

Im "guessing" that there will be 3 - 9 hole courses with Lift access AND an 18 Hole course accessible from the base.

Comment

That sounds about right... Hoodoo has plenty of space for that and it's not too steep either... Look forward to seeing this course in the "ground"

Comment

Awesome! Love mountain golf and snow makes it better.

I have thrown a spike hyzer in the snow around a blind corner. Many years ago when Pat Farrell through the first tournament up at Willamette Pass. It was blizzard conditions in May. I got that Proline/Champion Beast back about 4 years later. Someone from Bend found it.

Rebels Rock!

Comment

I am just going to go ahead and say it. I have talked to alot of different players about this event and I am simply sharing the thoughts I have heard:

1) Many players do not play mountain courses enough to put their PDGA ratings on the line for this event.

2) Very few players will get a chance to play the tournament layout in advance.

3) Many of us are confused as to why the Sisters course is not being used in this event. It was a blast to play last year and clearly a huge amount of effort was expended to get the back portion ready for play. I,personally, was really looking forward to playing that couse in tournament play again this year.

Magilla, I know you are going to feel slighted by this, and I know you probably think I am Jubbing, but I am not. Again, I appreciate all you do for the game and how terrific your events are. I am not at all taking potshots a your work. I just wanted you to hear what many players are thinking and hopefully you take it as feedback and not criticism.

Peace out,
                              Training to be a bagger

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X