X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Justttt thinking outloud here...

Thinking I want to host my first PDGA tournament next spring at Camp Taloali as a grand opening to the public. *The real grand opening will be at the Deaf fall tournament this Oct 10th*. Anyways, there will be the original wooded 18 holes set up. My question is, would I have the support from the community to help me run this tournament as in sponsors, tee set up, 18 additional baskets etc? Of course Jerry Miller would be the Vendor... Camp Taloali has lodging for 100-110, and camping is EASY to accomodate for another couple hundred, have two hookups for RV's as well... So if I say early May of next year, would this be cool with y'all? And when setting up registration fees, would it be better to include the lodging fees and just set up Male/Female cabins and be first come first serve? Or want the lodging fees to be charged at the door when you arrive *fees would vary based on cabin, teepee, RV, or tent if pay at the door*? I'll stop here just to get a pulse on what y'all think... Also since the courses would be "shorter", probably could do 3 rounds a day, what ya think?

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
    ...would I have the support from the community to help me run this tournament ...?
    Are you thinking you might NOT have the support of the community? I doubt that. I am fairly certain "the community" would wholeheartedly support your efforts. The only real way to find out - DO IT!

PS: I think lodging should be charged for separately.
    Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
    Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
    Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
    Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
    Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

I mean would I easily get help to run the tournament and get 18 baskets and tee equipment etc. I don't doubt it for a second but just want to see what people have to say on this idea in general etc. and ofc need the input before I commit to it... I'm running 4 tournaments this year for ODDGA and am basically the TD for the DDGA... but that will be done with for next year, wanna give PDGA a try and especially at Camp Taloali to help prove to the board that DISC GOLF will bring them money if they keep an open mind etc... and it would be nice to attend a DG tournament in Oregon that has lodging right on the course for super cheap... Did I mention the fishing on the santiam river?

Comment

I would volunteer to bring my DGA Mach V if that helps!

Comment

I would love to help out as an official as well.. (& as a player!)
          Practice - Practice - Practice -- Doing what I can to keep it on the fairway _ at least I try to!
          DDGA #202; WDDGA #37; ODDGA #47 ; PDGA #38171

Comment

1 basket down, 17 to go, I have a Brand new M-14 that has never been used so concept, 16 to go.. The baskets are Mach 5's on the original course..

Comment

i have a DGA Mach V with inter chains

Comment

1 basket down, 17 to go, I have a Brand new M-14 that has never been used so concept, 16 to go.. The baskets are Mach 5's on the original course..
                I wouldn't use an M-14 as a tournament basket! It might break or fall over if someone hits it on a drive/upshot!

Comment

You know I am down to help in any way I can

I may have a basket to offer once I cash in my N.A. script from the Stumptown Winter Series Wins I had
                  All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by KenGilmore View Post
                    I wouldn't use an M-14 as a tournament basket! It might break or fall over if someone hits it on a drive/upshot!
                    Then hopefully I get 18 supernice ones then heh... And who said I would make the course that easy...

Comment

I'm confused. Doesn't Camp Taloali alrready have baskets?

Comment

Yes, we do have the baskets but haven't put together and put on the courses yet. The committee were planning to do it this weekend but it had been moved to the last week of May, between BSF and 6th ODDGC... as I get the information via emails from ODDGA's secretary. But Snap is the only one that knows more..
                        PDGA 38506
                        ODDGA 27
                        DDGA 176
                        2012 Beaver State Fling Women ADV Master

Comment

Originally posted by LadyBuzzz View Post
                          Yes, we do have the baskets but haven't put together and put on the courses yet. The committee were planning to do it this weekend but it had been moved to the last week of May, between BSF and 6th ODDGC... as I get the information via emails from ODDGA's secretary. But Snap is the only one that knows more..
                          So they should be in place by Oct 10th, right?

Comment

Thinking I want to host my first PDGA tournament next spring at Camp Taloali as a grand opening to the public. *The real grand opening will be at the Deaf fall tournament this Oct 10th*. Anyways, there will be the original wooded 18 holes set up. My question is, would I have the support from the community to help me run this tournament as in sponsors, tee set up, 18 additional baskets etc? Of course Jerry Miller would be the Vendor... Camp Taloali has lodging for 100-110, and camping is EASY to accomodate for another couple hundred, have two hookups for RV's as well... So if I say early May of next year, would this be cool with y'all? And when setting up registration fees, would it be better to include the lodging fees and just set up Male/Female cabins and be first come first serve? Or want the lodging fees to be charged at the door when you arrive *fees would vary based on cabin, teepee, RV, or tent if pay at the door*? I'll stop here just to get a pulse on what y'all think... Also since the courses would be "shorter", probably could do 3 rounds a day, what ya think?
                            I think the idea is to add another temporary 18!

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
                              I am fairly certain "the community" would wholeheartedly support your efforts.

TreeLove has 9 real nice baskets...

I also agree that you "should" have no trouble getting support.

Lodging "should" be seperate........unless it's "open camping" type.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X