Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, we will put together a few of them, the baskets we have, and have them out for the summer camp kids to use, but only 3-4 since metal theft has been a problem during the summer months by meth-heads. We saving the full current 18 to be put in right before Oct 10th grand opening. The Temp 18 that I want to put up for tournaments only will be much more varied, longer etc since it would be on the main grounds which is much more open to my imagination. I would need the 18 baskets for this so that there would be two fully separate 18 hole courses similar to Milo, a west and east course. And I have decided to make Lodging separate. Depending on what I can discuss and decide on with the camp board, prob provide;
    Cabins for 80 people; 10 cabins - 8 bunks/lockers; have 2 reserve cabins for staff or overload.
    TeePees - have 3, max 6 per
    RV hook up - 2
    Open camping season - hmmm 500? lol... with the temp course weaving through the open grounds, prob down to 100-200...

No one has objected to 3 rounds a day yet...

Comment

3 rounds per day?

http://www.sunrisesunset.com/calendar.asp
      Oct 10 2009, Portland, OR:
      Twi: 6:50am
      Sunrise: 7:20am
      Sunset: 6:35pm
      Twi: 7:05pm

That gives 12 hours of playable light. If each round takes 4 hours, it will barely get done, if tee off is at 7 AM, and there is no break between rounds. If each round takes 3 hours, that leaves 3 extra hours, perhaps one hour for each break, and the last hour for "cushion", so still need to tee off at 7 AM, that's pretty bright & early, not a problem for me, but some golfers....

I DO have nine great Mach Vs, but they are currently being looked at for possible sale and installation at a church camp course in Oregon...

I will still have my Full-Weight Deep-basket Double-Chain Solid-Top Innova DisCatcher, though, with 50' locking cable, and you may use it! Of course, I would require a signed commitment to replace it if anything happened to it, now that you mention the metal thieves.

I also have a Skill Shot and a Traveler, if you need more crappy baskets....
      Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
      Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
      Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
      Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
      Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Yeah, but they're south of Portland, so they get tons more daylight:

Sunrise: 7:19am
        Sunset: 6:36pm

See? 2 full minutes.
        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

???? are you serious about the sunset? It's april and the sun is not even setting until around 7:30 right now, with sunlight going away near 8pm...
          The metal theives have come about once or twice per year during the summer and only when no one is on campus, i highly doubt they would dare enter campus with 100+ people roaming around, but I would hope they do it then, because it would be one of the first times that we as the DG community would be able to catch a theif in the act and crucify them on the basket they tried to steal... make a great "Don't do Drugs" and "dont steal" promotional video... LOL..

Comment

I really don't feel for you guys down there!!! On October 10th:

Twi: 7:44am
            Sunrise: 8:28am
            Sunset: 7:05pm
            Twi: 7:48pm

However lets try June 10th:

Twi: light
            Sunrise: 4:24am
            Sunset: 11:33pm
            Twi: light

Only dusk, never dark
            Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
            Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X