X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A change to Willamette Open date - will be 10/3-10/4

I have not officially registered the tournament with the PDGA yet. The date with the Oregon Series was October 17-18. We here at the WDGC would like to change that to October 3-4. That change will officially take place early next week. Be sure to get the word out.

I did this last year at this same time of year. To my suprise 6 months was not enough time for some. If you know of anyone who schedules their weekends off from work this far in advance then please tell them what we are about to do with the WO.

Thanks.
    Mike.

PS. Why are we doing this? Weather and USDGC. I don't care if I conflict with the USDGC while the old Oregon Series staff did. Now that that has changed, with all due respect to the old staff, I am more worried about weather. Two weeks can be a huge difference in weather in October.
    Last edited by mikestorrs; April 9th, 2009, 09:17 AM. Reason: Saturday Sunday date correction

Originally posted by mikestorrs View Post
    I have not officially registered the tournament with the PDGA yet. The date with the Oregon Series was October 17-18. We here at the WDGC would like to change that to October 4-5. That change will officially take place early next week. Be sure to get the word out.

I did this last year at this same time of year. To my suprise 6 months was not enough time for some. If you know of anyone who schedules their weekends off from work this far in advance then please tell them what we are about to do with the WO.

Thanks.
    Mike.

PS. Why are we doing this? Weather and USDGC. I don't care if I conflict with the USDGC while the old Oregon Series staff did. Now that that has changed, with all due respect to the old staff, I am more worried about weather. Two weeks can be a huge difference in weather in October.
    The 4th & 5th is a Sunday and Monday. Did you mean the 3rd & 4th possibly.

Drat liked the old dates better now I have a conflict.

Cindy
    Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
    2013 Chick Flick co-TD
    Stumptown #176
    PDGA #37716

Comment

yup, I meant 3-4.

yup

Originally posted by LegoRules View Post
      The 4th & 5th is a Sunday and Monday. Did you mean the 3rd & 4th possibly.

Drat liked the old dates better now I have a conflict.

Cindy

Comment

Hey... while you're at it...

Can you change the name of the tournament to the Oregon State Championships?
        ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post

May the wind be in your favor...

Comment

The Oregon State Championships will be October 3-4.

Comment

Seriously?? Not WOXI?

Comment

NOT if it conflicts with USDGC.........

Comment

USDGC: Oct 7-10
                  WOXI: Oct 3-4

You can bet I will be at both, no complaints here.
                  Innova Champion Discs
                  Discmania
                  huk lab
                  Keen Footwear
                  Grip EQ Disc Golf Bags
                  Stimpi Ridge Disc Golf in Spokane, WA
                  Play it Again Sports Corvallis and Eugene

Comment

Originally posted by Magilla

While I agree with the "weather" issue...I completely disagree with this change of dates to conflict with USDGC.

WHY does it have to be THIS date....Why not the 10th & 11th?

Maybe SPLIT weekends with the Ams playing the 3rd & 4th..
                    Pros could play fewer venues with the smaller turnouts.
                    I think the USDGC ends on the 10th. Years past Nate and Co. have left the WO, jumped on a plane and cashed in Rock Hills a few days later. I am not sure they can leave SC and get hear in under 24hrs.

A lot of people have suggested running an Am and Pro weekend. I am not up for it because I hate to work. I am also not sure if it truley would work for the amount of work it would entail. That said, I will consider it.

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
                      Seriously?? Not WOXI?
                      I try not to be too serious. My purpose in life is to keep Sam smiling. Life is too short to have a sad Sam.

Comment

Originally posted by mikestorrs View Post
                        I try not to be too serious. My purpose in life is to keep Sam smiling. Life is too short to have a sad Sam.

So you see Snap..........Sam will be playing in the Oregon State Championships, while the rest of us will be playing the WOXI. Shhhhhh, don't tell Sam.

Bob

Comment

Awesome! I think more people need to adopt Storrs' philosophy.

And if I am the only one playing the OSC, I will have a much better chance of winning. NICE!
                          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Awesome! I think more people need to adopt Storrs' philosophy.

And if I am the only one playing the OSC, I will have a much better chance of winning. NICE!
                            But not guaranteed. Haven't you ever beaten yourself on the course?

Comment

Looks good to me, if Sexton says it's ok with him, i think that it's a go... Sam will lose the OSC, my fantasy pick is on someone else...
                              Seperate weekends sounds great, but only if the TD/committee are up to it.. And lets say AMS play a sunny 75 degree weekend on the 3-4 and two weeks later the Pros play a chilly 40 two weeks later.. that gonna suck hehehe...

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X