Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nate Sexton View Post
    USDGC: Oct 7-10
    WOXI: Oct 3-4

You can bet I will be at both, no complaints here.
    My apologies.....

Not sure what I was thinking there...I had my dates confused

Comment

Originally posted by mikestorrs View Post
      I have not officially registered the tournament with the PDGA yet. The date with the Oregon Series was October 17-18. We here at the WDGC would like to change that to October 3-4. That change will officially take place early next week. Be sure to get the word out.

I did this last year at this same time of year. To my suprise 6 months was not enough time for some. If you know of anyone who schedules their weekends off from work this far in advance then please tell them what we are about to do with the WO.

Thanks.
      Mike.

PS. Why are we doing this? Weather and USDGC. I don't care if I conflict with the USDGC while the old Oregon Series staff did. Now that that has changed, with all due respect to the old staff, I am more worried about weather. Two weeks can be a huge difference in weather in October.
      Lets try this again...

Ive looked at the event calendar for Oregon and I see NO CONFLICTS for this date change.

I agree that the chances of foul weather deminish greatly.

I'll note the change to my PDGA schedule update.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
        But not guaranteed. Haven't you ever beaten yourself on the course?
        Well... not where anyone might see... and NEVER in winter... or in the blackberry bushes.
        ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

*I can just picture Sam's mom screaming*
          SAMUEL ANNE GIBSON, what are you doing in there!??!?!

Comment

HEY!!!

My mom doesn't golf!

ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

I wouldn't either if my son was beating himself up on the golf course... I wouldn't want anyone seeing him and thinking "who is his mom" and be able to see the actual figure standing there...

Comment

If you know of anyone who schedules their weekends off from work this far in advance then please tell them what we are about to do with the WO.
                When I sat down to schedule all of my time off for tourneys this year I thought to myself. "You know, that WO always screws with us on the date, I'll hold off on picking my dates for that tourney."

I have all of the other tourneys that I am attending this year bookended by vacation days. When your time off can be effected by when co-workers take vacation, you sign up WAY early if you can.

Hey, good news is nobody has to tell me the tentative date has changed. I'll put in for vacation time tomorrow.
                Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                Or does here stand the last remaining man
                To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

The Oregon State Championships will be October 3-4.
                  Awesome! What are the rules to qualify to play in the Oregon State Championships?
                  Training to be a bagger

Comment

In the recent past, the Oregon State Championships has been an unnoficial event held by disc golf depot to determine the "Oregon State Champion". Obviously if PDGA scores are the determining factor, Dave Feldberg and Avery Jenkins could both easily score the "Oregon State Champion." Some kind of event, or series to truly crown the State Champion would be great. Someone like Dave or Avery wouldnt qualify if they couldnt make enough events. They are obviously more involved and more in tune with the NT tour, and the USDGC, or Worlds, A series or event such as an Oregon State Championships, would give more local pros a chance to get their name out there.
                    All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Trozzle!!! View Post
                      In the recent past, the Oregon State Championships has been an unnoficial event held by disc golf depot to determine the "Oregon State Champion". Obviously if PDGA scores are the determining factor, Dave Feldberg and Avery Jenkins could both easily score the "Oregon State Champion." Some kind of event, or series to truly crown the State Champion would be great. Someone like Dave or Avery wouldnt qualify if they couldnt make enough events. They are obviously more involved and more in tune with the NT tour, and the USDGC, or Worlds, A series or event such as an Oregon State Championships, would give more local pros a chance to get their name out there.

State Championships also involve accuracy,mta,trc,dist. or at least they used to,not just disc golf scores......
                      "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

I am happy to hear that it will work. I will sign up with the PDGA monday.

Comment

Originally posted by NWDiscer View Post
                          State Championships also involve accuracy,mta,trc,dist. or at least they used to,not just disc golf scores......
                          The "Oregon State Flying Disc Championships" are slated for August 22 & 23 in the Eugene Area. It "may" expand to include the 21st as well.

This will be a WFDF (World Flying Disc Federation) Sanctioned Overall event and will involve MULTIPLE dis'c'iplines.

The different events that CAN be involved are:

Distance
                          Accuracy
                          Self Caught Flight (MTA & TRC)
                          DDC
                          Disc-a-thon
                          Freestyle
                          DiscGolf

NOT all events are req'd to be offered.
                          Typically due to time restraints, Disc-a-thon is the 1st event NOT to be held.
                          Self Caught Flight can be shortened to just MTA.
                          NOT many people have EVER played DDC, BUT it is VERY addicting and fun.

Comment

I am happy to hear that it will work. I will sign up with the PDGA monday.
                            You WERE kidding about the name change, right? Not that I have any reason to stifle your awesome TD creativity, but I'd hate to see the storied WO name come to an end.

BTW, what's the cool item in the pp this year?

Comment

Aw, crap... look at what I started.

I am positive that Mike was having some fun and that the WOXI will indeed be the WOXI. I have long thought that it was the culmination of the disc golf season in Oregon, however, and feel that if any existing tournament had what it takes to turn itself into the Oregon State Disc Golf Championship, it was this one. That is a testament to the hard work and awesome planning that I have seen go into the WO year after year.
                              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
                                SAMUEL ANNE GIBSON
                                That cracked me up!!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X