Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 Chick Flick Tournament and Clinic (August 1-2)

It's official~

The Chick Flick is back! This year we're expanding it to a two-day event with camping, glow rounds and lots of great prizes (and caddies!).

It will be August 1st-2nd, course to be determined (waiting for confirmations). The first day women will be able to select from a variety of sessions to meet the skill levels of new players to advanced.

The afternoon will consist of a casual, mixed-division round of golf, culminating with a raffle and fun games.

New this year will be a competitive two-round tournament on Sunday complete with scrip and prizes.

Questions? Please send them our way to: thechickflick@gmail.com or check out our Facebook Page or Disc Golf Scene Page.

More info regarding prices will follow!

Originally posted by Carie CPink View Post
    It's official~

The Chick Flick is back! This year we're expanding it to a two-day event with camping, glow rounds and lots of great prizes (and caddies!).

It will be August 1st-2nd, course to be determined (waiting for confirmations). The first day women will be able to select from a variety of sessions to meet the skill levels of new players to advanced.

The afternoon will consist of a casual, mixed-division round of golf, culminating with a raffle and fun games.

New this year will be a competitive two-round tournament on Sunday complete with scrip and prizes.

Questions? Please send them our way to: thechickflick@gmail.com or check out our Facebook Page or Disc Golf Scene Page.

More info regarding prices will follow!
    This is going to be so freaking awesome I can't wait

Cindy
    Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
    2013 Chick Flick co-TD
    Stumptown #176
    PDGA #37716

Comment

Awesome!! I already marked it down on my calander!! Gotta be very busy summer for me as it is my goal to play more disc golf!! I am feeling that this year's clinic will be blast as I had fun last year!!
      PDGA 38506
      ODDGA 27
      DDGA 176
      2012 Beaver State Fling Women ADV Master

Comment

As I told Cindy -- Count me in too! I can't wait to go also.. I'm so looking forward to it.. I just "pray" that it won't be in southern Oregon. Somewhere up near the Oregon Washington border would be fab!
        Looking forward to it!
        Practice - Practice - Practice -- Doing what I can to keep it on the fairway _ at least I try to!
        DDGA #202; WDDGA #37; ODDGA #47 ; PDGA #38171

Comment

Originally posted by Mystjava View Post
          As I told Cindy -- Count me in too! I can't wait to go also.. I'm so looking forward to it.. I just "pray" that it won't be in southern Oregon. Somewhere up near the Oregon Washington border would be fab!
          Looking forward to it!
          Don't worry...it will be in the Portland Metro Area.

And guys...encourage the women in your life to play...the more they play, the more you play!

Comment

When will fliers be available?

Comment

And guys...encourage the women in your life to play...the more they play, the more you play!
              Are you kidding me? I encouraged my wife to go to the Chick Flick last year and now I'm sitting home every month while she is out with the girls golfing! I don't even want to talk about the money it cost me for her to go to London last fall and play disc golf across the "pond". NOW I spend my evenings home watching ER while she goes off to meetings to plan THIS years Chick Flick.

I AM joking of course! As a result of last summers Chick Flick my wife has been having such a great time disc golfing. She did play a round while in England, she did go with me to Lake Casitas near Santa Barbara and she does get out as often as she can. This is a great opportunity for ladies of all skill levels. The ladies are doing all of the planning, will run all of the clinics, will golf without the men. Men can caddie! Serve the ladies beer! Cook for the ladies! Me, we have been put in our place and that's not a bad thing.

Go Chick Flickers!

Bob

Comment

I really hope I can make it to this event this year! So glad you pdx ladies have gotten this together!

Comment

Originally posted by gwillim View Post
                  When will fliers be available?
                  Artwork submissions are due May 1st. Flyers will be available shortly after that and DEFINITELY before the Beaver State Fling. (If you're a lady and artistic, we would love to have you contact us!).

In the mean time...please spread the word with the good people you meet on the course.

Comment

Artwork submissions are due May 1st. Flyers will be available shortly after that and DEFINITELY before the Beaver State Fling. (If you're a lady and artistic, we would love to have you contact us!).

In the mean time...please spread the word with the good people you meet on the course.
                    Excellent, thank you.

Comment

Any idea of which course you plan to use -- that way I can "brainstorm" a possible artwork?
                      (you can give me a few -- just to jingle around)...
                      Practice - Practice - Practice -- Doing what I can to keep it on the fairway _ at least I try to!

Comment

The courses we're looking at are Milo McIver and Horning's Hideout. We are also still accepting artwork submissions for the Chick Flick up until May 1st. So put on your thinking caps!

Comment

I heard a couple things yesterday about this event. First, I guess the guys who are involved with the chick flick are now called the cock flock!!!! Well played Ladies. I am proud to be a member of this flock!!!!!

I also heard there may be a small chance of Des Reading making it to the event??? I guess she was surprised that we can get that many women to a course at a time. Lets fill up this event early and get someone like Des to show up!!!!!
                          All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

As the winner of the first Chick Flick caddy award, I am putting my caddy skills up for grabs. Celeste is the first lady I will caddy for since she is the one I caddied for before. If she isnt playing, or doesnt want me as a caddy again, who is in need?

All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

Ahh.. That's cute! Trozzle - you have some serious cocks who will be fighting for that position.. You might had seen Hat caddy for Nichola (Nika), so.. don't be too surprised about it... We'll see what happens!
                              ;-)

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X