Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have played a Kelly Point tourney wwwwaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy llllllloooooooonnnnnnnngggggggg aaaaaggggggooooo. It was a Break Away Disc Golf tourney by Vargas. The course thinking back now would be a small pier and there would be a lot of work to get it up to par.

I wonder how many people playing now remember Break Away Disc Golf

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Madrid View Post
      I have played a Kelly Point tourney wwwwaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy llllllloooooooonnnnnnnngggggggg aaaaaggggggooooo. It was a Break Away Disc Golf tourney by Vargas. The course thinking back now would be a small pier and there would be a lot of work to get it up to par.

I wonder how many people playing now remember Break Away Disc Golf
      Ding! Ding! But I missed the tourney that you are mentioning. Wally Raker did an amazing amount of work out at Milo and I got to help him a lot. Good times. Too bad the stairs/trail we built up to the tees on the west hill finally gave up the ghost. 10 years just seems too short for the amount of work involved...
      Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
      Remain ye men of faculty complete,
      Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
      Attending to our noble bond and contract?
      Or does here stand the last remaining man
      To give a fig for rules and order yet,
      No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
      Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
      Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Vargas... winner gets a Snickers' bar! At least it was a king size from what I have heard...
        ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Jordan,

Those were the days...you wake up...you remember there is a tourney and it is starting in an hour ...you drive out there and there is only a hand full a people 20-30 and you pay your $10-$15 to play all day. Good times!

Comment

Yep, made my first purchase of a golf disc from Breakaway; (DX Aviar, then Elite-X XL) I joined the club and got a discount! Though much-maligned, Breakaway Disc must be recognized for installing 18 baskets and concrete tee pads at Milo McIver. That's right, those massive helipads (which have now been moved) were installed by yours truly and BAD loyals like JLewis!
            Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
            Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
            Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
            Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
            Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Those are my favorite pads anywhere.
              ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                Has anyone looked into whether or not this is viable? I've only been there once or twice, but it seems like a great piece of land. Is there enough usable space that doesn't interfere with the other park uses and natural areas?
                It's been a few years, but I used to go out there 3-4 times a week with my dogs. There is plenty of room for a temp course there. The users include dog people, mushroom gatherers in the fall, boaters in the summer, and pervs in the bushes all year round. Never bothered me too much until walking down a trail to the river when a dude peaks out from behind a tree about 30 feet in front of me with his pants down and his junk in his hand. Good times.

Columbia Slough on the south, Willamette on the west, Columbia on the north, lots of woods with some open area's for long holes. A permanent course would go a long way towards cleaning up the park.

Comment

Nobody expects it!

Originally posted by jevon View Post
                  Never bothered me too much until walking down a trail to the river when a dude peaks out from behind a tree about 30 feet in front of me with his pants down and his junk in his hand. Good times.

A permanent course would go a long way towards cleaning up the park.
                  I don't know about that. One time at Rooster East in the winter I was playing hole 3 and a guy jogged down the path with his coat unzipped. Just his coat and his running shoes... Brisk needless to say.

Of course he wasn't touching himself so it wasn't perverted, just surprising. It was like the Spanish Inquisition!
                  Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                  Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                  Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                  Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                  Or does here stand the last remaining man
                  To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                  No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                  Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                  Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Anyone know what happened to Vargas? Did he just fall of the map? I remember playing his events back in the day. Michael Glass and I had a nice battle at Milo one time at a Vargas event. I remember I was only like 14 years old playin on the Open leader card. The good ol days for sure when you could sign up the day of an event.
                    Disc Golf Accessories

Comment

Originally posted by purediscgolf View Post
                      Anyone know what happened to Vargas? Did he just fall of the map? I remember playing his events back in the day. Michael Glass and I had a nice battle at Milo one time at a Vargas event. I remember I was only like 14 years old playin on the Open leader card. The good ol days for sure when you could sign up the day of an event.
                      Oh that does still happen, showing up the day of the event... in 49 states..

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                      Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X