X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now my feelings are hurt!
    If you can't stand the heat, lash out with childish BS.
    How manly of you.

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Hansen View Post
      Never mind Mag. You appear to suffer from narcissism.
      I'm sure you'll do well and make things happen.
      I'll just try not to let your Big Man on Campus attitude bother me.
      And you probably don't realize you put down the Bellingers at every opportunity. That's a sign of narcissism.
      Threatening to quit because a couple people disagree with you or call you on your attitude. Another telltale sign.

Again with the "ME putting down the Bellingers" arguement??

WHERE??

YOU seem to be the one that brings that up OVER and OVER.

I "could" spew more, BUT you are not worth my effort.
      ANY disagreements I have with the "Bellingers" can AND will be discussed between US only, at this point.
      A majority of the players have wished it so.....so I have let it go...Can You?

I will NEVER step down......I have far too much love for the sport.

Comments from YOU are more of a joke to me as your opinions and statements are not worth the paper on a roll next to my toilet and we all know what we use that for.

Comment

Originally posted by Magilla View Post
        The reason I say "TD's" is that THEY are the one's that run the events.

Yes the clubs are "involved" but in MOST cases its the TD who does 90% of the work.

THEY go to the clubs with the info....WHY would "Roller Bob" be the contact for Stumptown? Would that be better suited for Mittl or Flash? Being that they are the Co-Td's for your largest event?

Im not seeing WHAT it is that each club needs to ratify?? At this point we are continuing on under the same rules that have been established.
        Until we meet and "decide" to change things, there is no reason for "clubs" to ratify anything.

We are trying to move on and deal with what we have been dealt...not FOLD

First of all I think everything you're trying to do is fine Magilla. So don't be offended by anything I say here. I'm not your enemy at all. I do hope for a continuation of the Oregon series.

But, just to set the record straight, I would not be the contact for the Stumptown club, maybe for the EDGC. I live in Eugene not Portland. If you were just making a point, fine, but I personally wouldn't presume to speak for the Stumptown guys.

You should know, the EDGC has run the Celebration tourney for 17 yrs and it is run by the club. You're right that "most" of the tournaments are run by the TD who does 90% of the work. Not the Celebration. I know Tom has run it for the last couple of years, and from what I heard from some of the ORS staff they thought of the Celebration as his. But it isn't. The EDGC has had many different TD's over the years before and during the ORS. Also every one of those events had many different people involved in fund raising, course prep (which was significant when we didn't have Dexter), food vending, scorecard making, running different venues for separate courses, meeting with parks people, keeping track of points, posting results, and even checking cards. The EDGC is intimately "involved" in the running of the Celebration. With out the EDGC Tom wouldn't have time to run it during hunting season. Now the GNO is slightly different. Without Tom's volunteering to TD that event I'm not sure the club would have been involved.

The basic thing that I keep hearing (from you and many others on this forum) is that it is taken for granted that the same events in the series from 08 will just automatically switch to the new series in 09. Not so. The old series is dead. Long live the new one, if we (EDGC) like the way it's set up. And if we don't, we are under no obligation to continue with it. Not to mention that we haven't even been asked to participate. We were part of the old Northwest series before the Oregon series was started. We went by ourselves for a while too. The EDGC knows how to run tournaments without any help from a series.

I guess I'm mostly echoing what JJ said. I hope things get hammered out at Whistler's. In the early days of the Oregon Series thats where things were hammered out too. Before there is a wedding there needs to be a proposal. I'm rooting for you Magilla. I like the Oregon Series and hope runs forever.

Comment

Personally- from someone who from time to time suffers from a holier than thou attitude- yours seems to be a particularly bad case. Running a DG event or series is by no means rocket science. Your expertise could be replaced by a 14 year old. Really.

ummmm what the f&%k do you think your blowing out your a$s here Wes???

A 14 yr old can replace 17 yrs of running event's.......seems almost like some1 else was making this post..........
          Last edited by NWDiscer; March 24th, 2009, 02:09 PM. Reason: Swearing is a no-no here./sam didnt fix my spelling error...
          "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roller Bob View Post
            First of all I think everything you're trying to do is fine Magilla. So don't be offended by anything I say here. I'm not your enemy at all. I do hope for a continuation of the Oregon series.

But, just to set the record straight, I would not be the contact for the Stumptown club, maybe for the EDGC. I live in Eugene not Portland. If you were just making a point, fine, but I personally wouldn't presume to speak for the Stumptown guys.

You should know, the EDGC has run the Celebration tourney for 17 yrs and it is run by the club. You're right that "most" of the tournaments are run by the TD who does 90% of the work. Not the Celebration. I know Tom has run it for the last couple of years, and from what I heard from some of the ORS staff they thought of the Celebration as his. But it isn't. The EDGC has had many different TD's over the years before and during the ORS. Also every one of those events had many different people involved in fund raising, course prep (which was significant when we didn't have Dexter), food vending, scorecard making, running different venues for separate courses, meeting with parks people, keeping track of points, posting results, and even checking cards. The EDGC is intimately "involved" in the running of the Celebration. With out the EDGC Tom wouldn't have time to run it during hunting season. Now the GNO is slightly different. Without Tom's volunteering to TD that event I'm not sure the club would have been involved.

The basic thing that I keep hearing (from you and many others on this forum) is that it is taken for granted that the same events in the series from 08 will just automatically switch to the new series in 09. Not so. The old series is dead. Long live the new one, if we (EDGC) like the way it's set up. And if we don't, we are under no obligation to continue with it. Not to mention that we haven't even been asked to participate. We were part of the old Northwest series before the Oregon series was started. We went by ourselves for a while too. The EDGC knows how to run tournaments without any help from a series.

I guess I'm mostly echoing what JJ said. I hope things get hammered out at Whistler's. In the early days of the Oregon Series thats where things were hammered out too. Before there is a wedding there needs to be a proposal. I'm rooting for you Magilla. I like the Oregon Series and hope runs forever.
            DOH!! Sorry...WRONG BOB!..
            I meant "Over the Hill" Bob, who stated that he would be the Stumptown Rep.

I could not imagine a scenario that would keep the EDGC & the Celebration from continuing as a part of the Series.
            THAT would be a set back for ALL the players & the Series, IMO.
            Its great to know that the EDGC is getting MORE involved with the events that it runs. That is the way it should be.
            i am confident that when we leave , there will be a better understanding of where the Series is going from here.
            AND then that info will be put out to the players so that the speculation will be done with.

Comment

Out of curiosity... how does Magilla's demeanor - coarse as it is but to be expected from a Giants' fan - have any bearing on what will happen with the Oregon Series? The guy is being nice enough to a) step up and organize, and b) listen to input from those who wish to add their $0.02, and c) offer his years of experience to make this transition easier.

I can understand not liking the way someone speaks to people but seriously... do we want to piss him off so he doesn't want to do it?

It just seems to me that we are walking right back down the road that led us here. Complain enough and make it harder for the person doing the work and we will be right back here next year wondering what the heck went wrong and looking for the next series coordinator.

Give it a rest, Wes. You have said your piece. If you have something further to hash out with Magilla that has absolutely nothing to do with the series, please do it in PM or e-mail.
              ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Hear hear, Sam

Comment

Done. And done.

Comment

Done. And done.

Yup, Done!

Comment

Barely five hours of forum fighting before order was restored.
                      I think Mag and I may have set a record!

Comment

Thank you both. I like you both and respect you both and think your goals are the same even if your vision for getting there differs slightly.

ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

This is BS, I was expecting at least 48 hours of entertaining name calling and hair pulling.

Sam, what has happened to you? A year ago you'd be in the mud pit rolling around throwing mud all over the place. I ALMOST miss the old Sam

On a serious note, we definitely need to support those that work for us. Magilla walks the walk and gets stuff done.

Comment

It can do that to you

Originally posted by Sean Phillips View Post
                            This is BS, I was expecting at least 48 hours of entertaining name calling and hair pulling.

Sam, what has happened to you? A year ago you'd be in the mud pit rolling around throwing mud all over the place. I ALMOST miss the old Sam

I'm going to guess it was the disc golf experience he had last weekend.

's rocs
                            He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                            - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                              Thank you both. I like you both and respect you both and think your goals are the same even if your vision for getting there differs slightly.

Who asked YOU, Dugger Fan....

Now on to a MORE serious subject....

DODGERS SUCK, DODGERS SUCK, DODGERS SUCK

Now, I feel better......

Comment

Get it out of your system.

We know what you really mean is that the organization that OWNS the Dodgers and disallows tailgating sucks and that the players as a whole are clearly better than the team to the north that dresses in that ugly-assed orange and black.
                                ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X