To Do List Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • To Do List

    The changes that are occuring with the Oregon Series have been well discussed and bitched about. Now, lets talk about how to use this opportunity to improve the series as we acutally go forward.

    There have already been some complaints about how registrations were handled at the GNO. Specifically, that qualifiers were not given the opporunity to pre-reg. That seems to be one of the features past series that has fallen through the cracks. So what cracks are left? What functions of the Oregon Series have been picked up and what is left to do? The BSF appears to be in good hands, but that was only a fraction of what Cris and Teresa did.

    Here's a list - completely off the top of my bald head - of some things that need to be addressed. Please speak up if they already are. Also, please feel free to add to the list.
    • Maintain the ORS website (side thought - who has the "keys" to this site, and will it stay that way?
    • Maintain a list of qualifiers for pre-reg purposes
    • Track points for end of series awards
    • Purchase a ScorePoint scoreboard
    • Scrip Vendor - is there one?
    • Tee signs?
    • Tents, tables, sound system, and other tourney central stuff?
    • Water jugs
    • Some way to haul all of the stuff above from tourney to tourney

    What else can be added here? Is there anything on the list that somebody has already stepped up to take care of?

    Lets get a positive discussion going, and see what we can accomplish.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Scott View Post
    The changes that are occuring with the Oregon Series have been well discussed and bitched about. Now, lets talk about how to use this opportunity to improve the series as we acutally go forward.

    There have already been some complaints about how registrations were handled at the GNO. Specifically, that qualifiers were not given the opporunity to pre-reg. That seems to be one of the features past series that has fallen through the cracks. So what cracks are left? What functions of the Oregon Series have been picked up and what is left to do? The BSF appears to be in good hands, but that was only a fraction of what Cris and Teresa did.

    Here's a list - completely off the top of my bald head - of some things that need to be addressed. Please speak up if they already are. Also, please feel free to add to the list.
    • Maintain the ORS website (side thought - who has the "keys" to this site, and will it stay that way?
    • Maintain a list of qualifiers for pre-reg purposes
    • Track points for end of series awards
    • Purchase a ScorePoint scoreboard
    • Scrip Vendor - is there one?
    • Tee signs?
    • Tents, tables, sound system, and other tourney central stuff?
    • Water jugs
    • Some way to haul all of the stuff above from tourney to tourney

    What else can be added here? Is there anything on the list that somebody has already stepped up to take care of?

    Lets get a positive discussion going, and see what we can accomplish.
    ALL of these things will be addressed at the TD meeting at Whistler's.

    The TD's AND/OR thier Reps are the "WE" in this case.
    IF you really want to be involved in the process, I would suggest that YOU contact your local TD and get involved there.
    NOT trying to be an ASS, but 90% of the "WE" on this message board HAVE NO CLUE how to run an event let alone a Series and only want to make demands and suggestions, which when not followed BITCH quite loudly.

    to answer as many of your questions as I can.....

    I believe that Rebecca is in contact with the Bellingers in an effort to maintain the current website.

    The "qualifier List" was a joke...less than 1/2 the TD's last year even followed it. Something ELSE needs to be done.

    Flash WAS working on a points system...."WE" will discuss this at the GNW.
    Not a major issue, it will be covered.

    Scoreports?? Hasnt been discussed. I have 2 that I have had for years, these could be used at events if needed.

    Each local club will now be responsible for doing its own "scrip".
    I think this is a good thing, NOW all the "profit" on Merch will go to the local club vs the "Series" and can be used for the event instead of disappearing into "thin air"

    Tee Signs?? - This is one that has been brought up by a few TD's AND something that needs to be discussed with the "Old Series Staff"

    Tents, Water Jugs, Trailer, etc.?? - Bummer isnt it??
    There are none at this point....GOT CASH??

    These are all things that will need to be discussed BY THE TD's at Whistlers.
    THAT meeting will NOT be open to the Public. This is because I have found that OPEN meetings for this type of discussion just do not work. To many arguements tend to happen AND nothing seems to get resolved. It is best IF the individuals that actually run the events do the talking here.

    Comment


    • #3
      Local clubs

      Since people have been using this phrase Local Clubs, why is the UDA not running the GNO? To my knowledge nobody even asked us. This is not a knock on the EDGC, Rebecca, or Tom they have done a great job! If it is the job of local clubs there is nothing more local then the UDA.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by the flogging putter View Post
        Since people have been using this phrase Local Clubs, why is the UDA not running the GNO? To my knowledge nobody even asked us. This is not a knock on the EDGC, Rebecca, or Tom they have done a great job! If it is the job of local clubs there is nothing more local then the UDA.
        It is my understanding that was some sort of "rift" between the
        "Old Series" and Yose. This is why Tom has been the TD, basically so the "Series" could still be at

        Im pretty sure that Rebecca has brought this very subject up to the EDGC.
        Unless something "drastic" happens, It WILL return to the UDA next year.

        Comment


        • #5
          Hey Josh - I believe that this was legacy from the old series. I know that Rebecca plans on talking to you guys soon about her club NOT running this event next year and hopes that you guys will step up to run it.

          As for the why UDA has not run it the past couple of years, I do not even want to get involved in that discussion and would encourage you to talk to Yose to get his side.
          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
          ~Annika SŲrenstam

          Comment


          • #6
            Yeah... what he said.
            ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
            ~Annika SŲrenstam

            Comment


            • #7
              Thanks guys that was quick!!! I have heard some, and am glad to hear it could be coming back to the UDA, but we would definitely need Yose on board. On another note Sam are you really a DUKE fan?

              Comment


              • #8
                Mag-
                Why do you continue to make backhanded jabs at the old ORS staff at every opportunity and also try to make yourself sound like the king of all things DG at the same time?
                I hope your having your meeting outdoors. I'm not sure your head fits through a conventional doorway.
                It will be nice when you have everything all figured out and tell us how things will go.
                Seems like every one else has no clue, except you. Us DGers must sure be a slow bunch of fellows. It sure will be nice when you hold our hands and wipe our butts for us. We sure does thank you Mr. Man.
                Your diplomacy and tact could use a little refresher course.
                Your the big man when it comes to how to do things. Maybe you should stop crying about your "friends" that took they're toys home so you couldn't play with them and figure out where to get your own toys.
                I certainly hope YOU do a good job doing the stuff that YOU know how to do so well. But you might climb off that high horse before it bucks and throws you off.
                Last edited by Wes Hansen; March 24th, 2009, 10:59 AM. Reason: changed "when" to "well" because it was the right thing to do.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Magilla View Post
                  ALL of these things will be addressed at the TD meeting at Whistler's.

                  The TD's AND/OR thier Reps are the "WE" in this case.
                  IF you really want to be involved in the process, I would suggest that YOU contact your local TD and get involved there.
                  You seem to be missing one step in this process, at least in so far as the Eugene Club is concerned. No one has been granted the authority to bind the Eugene Club to anything. Only the club members have that authority. So it's great you're having a meeting to work on these issues, but any agreement that obligates the EDGC has to be ratified by our members, and my guess is that's going to hold for the other clubs as well.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Wes, I agree with some of the things you've said above about Mike's relative tact, however, I also think it's important that there is one leader in this effort. As an example, a lot of people came up with some pretty good ideas on another thread about how to continue this series, but it was really just a lot of people with some pretty good ideas. I think one person should spearhead the effort, with the support of the clubs that host tourneys. Seems like without that one (hopefully unifying) leader, it's all a bunch of babbling with no results. Mags is the State Coordinator, so he gets the job. That's just my opinion.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      What?
                      Hasn't the Oregon DG community given Mag ultimate authority?
                      He seems to be the only one capable. At least according to him!

                      You will do what he tells you. You will do what he tells you. You will do what he tells you. You will do what he tells you. You will do what he tells you. You will do what he tells you.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Out of order response. That was in response to Jim J, not Essjay.

                        Essjay- Perhaps. But building a little consensus might not be a bad thing.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I agree that some group concensus is needed. Hopefully the club-appointed TDs for each event will reach consensus with Magilla and then pass along the info to the clubs. But I also agree with Jim that the clubs may have to vote on the changes/proposals based on each club's by-laws.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I have no qualms making fun of the way MIKE writes his POSTS, or even the over exuberant way he expressess himself. But when it comes to event coordination and experience within the dg community, he is tough to beat. Folks need to realize that Mike is a very realistic, pragmatic thinker, and has no time for what he may percieve as useless talk/suggestions/complaints. He wants to know what people are willing and capable of doing, instead of hearing what people want to have happen. Thats my take on the situation, but I don't talk for Mike, so take this for what its worth. As far as taking jabs at the former ORS crew, I'm not sure what Mike was trying to imply...and as far as being the king of dg, he's not. He talks that way about most everything.

                            IMHO
                            Dion
                            Team DISCRAFT
                            NW Sign Up
                            Gorilla Boy
                            Paragon Disc Golf
                            Odwalla

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Jim J View Post
                              You seem to be missing one step in this process, at least in so far as the Eugene Club is concerned. No one has been granted the authority to bind the Eugene Club to anything. Only the club members have that authority. So it's great you're having a meeting to work on these issues, but any agreement that obligates the EDGC has to be ratified by our members, and my guess is that's going to hold for the other clubs as well.
                              As with Stumptown!

                              A meeting of TD's is fine, but what we REALLY need is a meeting of Clubs. My suggestion would be for each club involved to have a representative available at GNO for a meeting. I wll be there and will represent Stumptown.

                              Bob

                              Comment

                              Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X