X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Albany Monthly at Waterloo -> 3/21/09

Hosted by the Disc Golf Club of Albany the tournament is this Saturday at Waterloo DGC. Entry fee is $10 for all divisions (Am, Adv, Pro) which includes the ace pot which should be $75-$80. $2 from each entry goes to the DGCA and will be used for the final payment (hopefully) on the Bryant Park baskets. With a good turnout (12-15) we can settle that bill. Two rounds of 18 with a short lunch break in between. Sign ups start at 9:30 with tee off at 10:00. If you haven’t played the course this winter you will be pleasantly surprised at the ongoing improvements to the course. That being said tee pads are in the works but not there yet so cleats or boots are still recommended.

David

We Paid the Taxman

A shout out to James Moore, Tyler Christensen, Eric and Ross(?) who drove down from Portland, also Tyler who came up from Eugene. We had about an hour of rain which created very slick conditions on several tee pads and some of the walkouts for the second round. I believe everyone managed the conditions well and escaped unscathed, just a little shoe surfing.

James 105 (55 – 50) edged Tyler C 106 (54 – 52) in Pro
    4 players paid $18 & $10
    Dan Hammett 118 (59 – 59) edged Mike Key 119 (59 - 60) in Advanced
    4 players $18 & $10 in scrip
    Jeromie Fields won Am
    3 players $21 in scrip

James also took home $10 from the ace pot with two metal hits one each round. The first was on #7 hitting chains hard but flopping out next to the basket (forehand Max I believe). The second sounded like an ace from our group behind the Pro’s but I don’t remember which hole.

The DGCA collected enough money to pay off the baskets at Bryant Park. Thanks to all of those who have contributed funds over the last two years.

The next Albany monthly is April 11th and is tentatively set for Bryant Park.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
    Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X