X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
    Make each tournament hugeeee... Either 27 holes or 2 courses... Adding 9 to Whistler's would be super badazzz *can think of 4 holes, 5 could be added to my imagination.*
    But that's how you get stuck with "30 BAM!"
    Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
    Remain ye men of faculty complete,
    Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
    Attending to our noble bond and contract?
    Or does here stand the last remaining man
    To give a fig for rules and order yet,
    No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
    Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
    Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

I'm all for Bob's idea!!

Comment

Originally posted by Magilla View Post
        Would YOU want to only play 2 rd's of 27 for an event?

There is NO WAY that 3 rd's of 27 per day could be played........

The 2 course option would be to play Riverfront, BUT when in , MOST want to play

I just completed the St. Patrick's Classic which had 27 holes, but it is much shorter. But can always do less, like 21-24 holes etc... More holes means more players... Just brainstorming.. Sun rises like 7AM. Start first round at 730... Sunset dosent set till 8...
        Another idea... no procrassination between 1st flight, 2nd flight, 3rd flight... like handing off a baton between flights heh... *nyquil setting in*
        Last edited by snap7times; March 18th, 2009, 09:10 PM.

Comment

So who gets in?......you might not want to know

Here's a scary ol scenario.... which could happen.
          An event (that offers pro and amateur in the same pool) opens up online.
          Let's say the TD's cap the "pools" at 80 entrants.
          The second registration opens.......
          75 amateurs have signed up before anyone else.
          So, now you have 5 spots for the pro players.
          I hope this never happens as it would be a BIG BUMMER.
          This reminds me of the "Capped Divisions" versus the first come first serve discussion from a while ago.
          Good luck to all TD's if this scenario happens.
          He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
          - Anonymous

Comment

THAT would teach those pros to sign up earlier!
            Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
            Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
            Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
            Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
            Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by Flatroc View Post
              Here's a scary ol scenario.... which could happen.
              An event (that offers pro and amateur in the same pool) opens up online.
              Let's say the TD's cap the "pools" at 80 entrants.
              The second registration opens.......
              75 amateurs have signed up before anyone else.
              So, now you have 5 spots for the pro players.
              I hope this never happens as it would be a BIG BUMMER.
              Why is this scary? Why would it be a BIG BUMMER? It would be great for the AMs.

Comment

Originally posted by all2common View Post
                I played two days, 27 holes, at Hyzer Pines...didn't care much for it. It completely lacked the social scene that most tournaments offer, because groups played in opposite shifts.
                Which is the MAJOR reason we are not playing there this year and decided to go to HooDoo (Mid-Summers Glide)

We will have Camping, Showers, Fresh Water, Lift Access, etc...

AND everyone can stay in the same place...ALL weekend

Comment

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
                  Here's an idea.............$1 from all ORS entry fees goes to purchasing powerball tickets. When we win, we buy a mongo section of land, build three Milo size courses on OUR piece of land, and problem solved.

Bob

Comment

what is a tournament

it seems to me that people want to have a social gathering instead of a pdga golf tournament
                    a pdga golf tournament: at least 36 holes played on at least a 18 hole course for rating purposes, to determine the best golfer at the that time
                    all the other stuff that goes along with it are great if it works out
                    it seems to me that the first and formost objective would be to allow for as many players as possible under pdga giudelines
                    if you have a venue that sells out regularly in just days it's obviously time for a change
                    i've been very lucky to always be in the show
                    it must really suck to look foward to something and have no real shot to get in unless your online 24-7
                    i just wish all wanting to attend get a fair shot of attending,, and for these big events that we go through this everytime,, need to have atleast 36 holes ,,and even then like the fling that isn't always enough,,
                    i still like the idea of qualifing tournaments, or a three or four day with cuts so nobody gets left out
                    the biggest pga event of the year is the us open,everybody is eligble,they have qualifing tournaments everywhere for that,thousands of golfers get a chance to get in
                    i just really feel for those who can't get in that really want to go there to compete for a victory,show their the best golfer that weekend,for those who live for the competition,the fire to be the best
                    not just a fun weekend where i'll get a shirt ,disc,party with my friends

Comment

heck with them pros

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                      Why is this scary? Why would it be a BIG BUMMER? It would be great for the AMs.
                      Darn.... you're right it wouldn't be a big bummer for ALL the players, only the ones who for whatever reasons,whatever divisions didn't sign up.
                      Alrighty then..........
                      Scott, Gawain, what if it were the other way around?
                      Or does it really matter?
                      Shucks, there I go thinking about all the players instead of just myself or MY division.
                      Hopefully next year more thought will be given to separate weekends for the gigs with limited holes.
                      As far as the GNO next year, just so's you know, there are plenty of Umpqua golfers who can and will step up and run this 2 weekend event. We actually offered last year.
                      Growing pains can be tough...... but in most cases..... worth it.
                      's ROCS
                      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                      - Anonymous

Comment

Professional Disc Golf Assoc. #4438
                        International Flying Disc Collectors Assoc. #085
                        Umpqua Disc Assoc. #001
                        Oregon Disc Golf Assoc. #037
                        Eugene Disc Golf Club #010
                        Medford Disc Golf Assoc. #004
                        Oregon Deaf Disc Golf Assoc. #010
                        South Umpqua Disc Society # 001
                        Ummmmmmmmmmm It seems Stumptown is missing from your list Yose! How can we rectify that?

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKIN JOE View Post
                          it seems to me that people want to have a social gathering instead of a pdga golf tournament
                          a pdga golf tournament: at least 36 holes played on at least a 18 hole course for rating purposes, to determine the best golfer at the that time
                          all the other stuff that goes along with it are great if it works out
                          it seems to me that the first and formost objective would be to allow for as many players as possible under pdga giudelines
                          if you have a venue that sells out regularly in just days it's obviously time for a change
                          i've been very lucky to always be in the show
                          it must really suck to look foward to something and have no real shot to get in unless your online 24-7
                          i just wish all wanting to attend get a fair shot of attending,, and for these big events that we go through this everytime,, need to have atleast 36 holes ,,and even then like the fling that isn't always enough,,
                          i still like the idea of qualifing tournaments, or a three or four day with cuts so nobody gets left out
                          the biggest pga event of the year is the us open,everybody is eligble,they have qualifing tournaments everywhere for that,thousands of golfers get a chance to get in
                          i just really feel for those who can't get in that really want to go there to compete for a victory,show their the best golfer that weekend,for those who live for the competition,the fire to be the best
                          not just a fun weekend where i'll get a shirt ,disc,party with my friends
                          I wouldn't say that everyone just wants a social gathering. The social aspect is a big reason that I show up but I'm definitely there for the competition. I play tournaments when I'm out of town and don't know a single soul at the competition because I want to go there and compete. I've never gone to a tournament that I wasn't there to kick some ass and take some names (even if was my ass and name that got kicked/taken).

Second, the biggest tournaments in DG also have qualifiers. USDGC requires that you get a bid from another tournament or your state coordinator (I know there are a couple of other ways but lets keep it simple). Worlds requires you to have a certain number of points (yes you can sign up late if you don't but still there is priority registration).

Comment

i didn't say everyone is there for a social gathering,i'm saying that the first and formost thing should be to accomodate as many players as possible even if that means less non golf activities ,the point is that everyone should get a fair chance to be there,
                            i know you like the comp. or you wouldn't have came down for a practice round,speaking of i'm still down for a warmup round sometime,

Comment

pondering

What if you took a percentage of the ways to register and accepted so many per method?
                              Say for example you open registration to:
                              50% online
                              50% snail,locals,events,etc.

This idea was brought up at our last gig meeting except we are offering snail mail before online if needed.
                              With a field of 192, I'm certain there will be online reg. for WBDS, I'm just not sure when.
                              And then again you may not want to wait.
                              Buy a stamp today.
                              - Anonymous

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X