Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The GNO 04 was TD'd by Dave Feldberg, with help from the Oregon Series crew, EDGC, and many others that brought baskets and helped set up the course. One hole along the river threw across a channel and onto a island in the river. I always wondered how he got permission to play that hole or some of the others along the river. River banks are sacred ground in Oregon. Sacred or not it was still a lot of fun.

Comment

yup, I mean heck yes!

Originally posted by Magilla View Post
      Would YOU want to only play 2 rd's of 27 for an event?

There is NO WAY that 3 rd's of 27 per day could be played........

The 2 course option would be to play Riverfront, BUT when in , MOST want to play

I just got back from the St. Patrick's Classic in O'vale, CA--that was three rounds of 27. The thought of 27 holes at 's causes involuntary drooling in 9 out of 10 discers...

Comment

Yes... but didn't you play for three days?
        ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
          Yes... but didn't you play for three days?

YES, They did....

Comment

so?

Oh, someone doesn't like the idea of a three day tourney--eh?
            More holes, more days, more people play...and pay, by the way.

Comment

3-day tournaments just don't fly for most working folk...

I've always thought disc golf should be split into 2 associations, the EDGA, and the UDGA...
              Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
              Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
              Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
              Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
              Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

I LOVE three day tourneys. My employer - who doesn't know what those are - would NOT love three day tourneys. I imagine that I am not alone in saying that a three day tournament is appealing for the golf but a lot harder to commit to for a ton of reasons.

So... sticking with the topic of two day tourneys, 81 holes could not be played in one day - especially early and later in the seasons. We have had a hard time fitting in 54 in some cases.
                ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

I played two days, 27 holes, at Hyzer Pines...didn't care much for it. It completely lacked the social scene that most tournaments offer, because groups played in opposite shifts.
                  Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

Although Sam, I did 5 rounds (90) in a twenty-four hour period. But it did include a glo round ... and prescription drugs.
                    educate your thinking

Comment

Originally posted by JMan View Post
                      Although Sam, I did 5 rounds (90) in a twenty-four hour period. But it did include a glo round ... and prescription drugs.
                      Was this tournament play?? I did 7 rounds at Adair in one day, 9 rounds at Willamette in one day... Ahhh the days when I could golf all the time!!
                      Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

Comment

I played four rounds last Monday in Sylmar. Had it been tournament play, however, those 72 holes would have taken about 12 hours if not more.
                        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Playing casual rounds is very different from tournament rounds, both in terms of time and energy.

I'm personally a fan of the separate weekends plan. I know that it would be a total bummer for some couples. But the advantages I see are several fold:

1. More people could play since there is the potential to host twice field size.
                          2. Players could play two weekends in a row if they were willing to play pro for one.
                          3. Enlarged pro field (from having a ~142 cap and advanced players choosing to play twice).
                          4. More draw for pros from surrounding states due to enlarged pro fields (only further growing the division).
                          5. Pro weekends wouldn't require any sales or scrip management (making for an easier and faster weekend).
                          6. If divisions don't fill with the enlarged cap it would be easy to play four rounds of 18 during a weekend (2 on each day).
                          7. Courses can be tweaked between weekends to match a more or less experienced division leading to a better course for all players.

The down sides:
                          1. Not everyone will be on the course the same weekend (which is often true anyway when more then 1 course is used. For me personally, most of the players I play with these days are either pro or advanced players who would come out to play the pro weekends.)
                          2. Not all players can compare their scores to pro scores.
                          3. TDs need to run two separate events. (Pros could handle the first weekend and Ams could handle the other. The pro weekend would also be super easy with no merchandise or scrip to handle.)

Anyway, I could add to both lists but I would be super excited to see our events grow into two weekends.

Comment

I've twice played 110 holes in one day...But that would have taken about a week if they were tournament rounds.

Comment

More courses. More courses means we can continue to have these weekends where we all play two courses.

So... Yose, if you could build us a Whistler's West by the fourth weekend of April, that would be fantastic. Rebecca, we'll need a Dexter West by September. Both of you please keep in mind... you've set the bar with the courses you have so you will need to improve on all of that so you don't get any complaints. Ready... GO!
                              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Here's an idea.............$1 from all ORS entry fees goes to purchasing powerball tickets. When we win, we buy a mongo section of land, build three Milo size courses on OUR piece of land, and problem solved.

Bob

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X