• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WBDS - June 5-7, 2009

Whistlers Bend Doubles Shootout
    Whistlers Bend DGC
    Roseburg, Or.
    June 5,6,7, 2009
    Registration forms will be available as in the years past at the last SOWS gig at Whistlers this Sunday March 22.
    March 23rd the event will be posted on this and other forums/websites.
    So, here's some info that may or may not get you excited about this gig.
    3 Days of Disc Golf at Whistlers Bend
    24 hole's a day (Jordan paid to keep the other 6 out.. BAM!)
    friday > best shot
    saturday > tough shot (yeh Magilla it says tough)
    sunday > best shot
    Friday and saturday evening the WBDS Putting Championships will take place.
    This will be a horseshoes type of event that must be played with the same partner you have during the gig.
    The UDA will have some TFR discs, with some of the highly proclaimed Mr. Lee artwork for sale hopefully by the GNO.
    All glow...... orcs, destroyers and firebirds.
    The sweet player packages look to be as good or better than they have
    been in the past.
    So like a good ol dx roc............................................... .....................
    Stay Tuned
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    - Anonymous

Originally posted by Flatroc View Post
    Whistlers Bend Doubles Shootout
    Whistlers Bend DGC
    Roseburg, Or.
    June 5,6,7, 2009
    Registration forms will be available as in the years past at the last SOWS gig at Whistlers this Sunday March 22.
    March 23rd the event will be posted on this and other forums/websites.
    So, here's some info that may or may not get you excited about this gig.
    3 Days of Disc Golf at Whistlers Bend
    24 hole's a day (Jordan paid to keep the other 6 out.. BAM!)
    friday > best shot
    saturday > tough shot (yeh Magilla it says tough)
    sunday > best shot
    Friday and saturday evening the WBDS Putting Championships will take place.
    This will be a horseshoes type of event that must be played with the same partner you have during the gig.
    The UDA will have some TFR discs, with some of the highly proclaimed Mr. Lee artwork for sale hopefully by the GNO.
    All glow...... orcs, destroyers and firebirds.
    The sweet player packages look to be as good or better than they have
    been in the past.
    So like a good ol dx roc............................................... .....................
    Stay Tuned

Yose,
    Shotgun or Teetimes?

"In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

both barrels

Originally posted by NWDiscer View Post
      Yose,
      Shotgun or Teetimes?

We have been talking up tee times for years but the tough shot round would make it hard to do.
      Best shot rounds might work with tee times.
      Maybe next year.
      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
      - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Flatroc View Post

We have been talking up tee times for years but the tough shot round would make it hard to do.
        Best shot rounds might work with tee times. Maybe next year.
        Yose,

Why would the tough shot make tee times not work? Do you not follow the basic PDGA rules for speed of play? It seems if you set up your groupings the way you know they will play you can make it work. I bet it would be kind of nice for people to follow or caddy other teams and add a whole new element to the event. Not picking on you just picking your brain
        PDGA #25296
        Stumptown #34

Comment

Because you never know how long it will take some players to play a hole. Well that is what the oldtimmer is going to say. I know this because this is what he says to myself and Spencer when ever we bring it up.

Comment

I love the idea of tee times.
            I love the idea of 100 folks playing 's at the same time.
            I love tough shot as long as it's only once a year.
            I think tee times for tough shot may result in too much "group jam", especially on certain little stinker holes.
            The weather at Whistlers can be a factor.
            Mornings can be cooler if it's going to be hot, little to NO wind, and you might even see some critters still meandering. (turkey,deer, and sometimes the OWL)
            Afternoons can be hot and windy and by then we've already run off the critters.
            As far as the caddy thing, there's no reason why we can't.
            The 1 round a day is going to give folks more free time and a chance to enjoy Whistlers even more.
            - Anonymous

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
            Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X