X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UO dgc 4 on the 4th tournament

The Oregon Disc Golf Club will be hosting a team tournament on 4-4-09 out at Dexter DGC! We will play two rounds of 18 holes with teams of four players. The teams will be random draw and there will be lots of prizes! Come out for a motherhucking good time!

more exact info to come

What is the Oregon Disc Golf Club?
    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

The UofO's club team.
      Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

OK. That makes some sense. Pretty broad name, though...
        ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

It's actually the University of Oregon Disc Golf Club.
          PDGA President

Comment

oh my bad, i didn't realize that.
            I just copied that from a different forum site

Yeah, its the University of Oregon DGC

Comment

Very good. I'll shut up now.

This event sounds very cool - similar to the fun Super Bowl Scramble Jerry has put on in the past. But... why random draw?
              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                Very good. I'll shut up now.

This event sounds very cool - similar to the fun Super Bowl Scramble Jerry has put on in the past. But... why random draw?
                So everybody gets the chance at getting COACH (Feldberg) on their team.
                Proud member #20 of STUMPTOWN Disc Golf and the PDGA #30488
                Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

Comment

What if all four players played alternate shot... or something that doesn't favor the teams that get the best players...

Comment

if we had bring your own team, it would be too hard to split into 2 divisons because some teams might have a mix of newer players and pros, some might have all pros, and some would have all newer people, and it owuld be to hard to classify each group as playing pro or am...so we just figured it would be more fair this way

Comment

This is our last fundraising tournament before we travel to Augusta, Georgia for nationals in mid april...
                      So spread the word and get as many people to show as possible.

We still are working out details, but its most likely gonna cost 15$ per person...
                      and we will change the pin placement between rounds so that one round is all short settings, one all long.
                      But thats still being worked on...

Comment

Originally posted by whslaxplayer11 View Post
                        The Oregon Disc Golf Club will be hosting a team tournament on 4-4-09 out at Dexter DGC! We will play two rounds of 18 holes with teams of four players. The teams will be random draw and there will be lots of prizes! Come out for a motherhucking good time!

more exact info to come
                        Nice going Ducks. See ya there!!!

Comment

It really doesn't matter if it's singles, doubles, or whatever. What matters is that we should all try to support the U of O Club in there endevour to raise funds to get to Nationals. I went to one of their events and met the guys on the Team and they are a great bunch of people. I'm heading down, who's going with me? How often do you get down to Dexter? This is a great chance to play a great course, support a great cause, and have a good time for just $15. I personally want to see the DUCKS kickin' butt at Nationals. Gooooooooooooo DUCKS!

Bob

Comment

I have yet to play Dexter. If Bob is going I'm pretty sure I can scrape up $15 and some gas money. You have room?

Comment

Originally posted by Darr View Post
                              So everybody gets the chance at getting COACH (Feldberg) on their team.
                              Actually, it looks like Feldberg will be at the CSI that weekend....
                              Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                              Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                              Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                              Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                              Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X