Disc Golf Tournament to benefit American Cancer Society, May 9th, at Horning's Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disc Golf Tournament to benefit American Cancer Society, May 9th, at Horning's

1st Annual Brenen Jones Open

Test your disc golf skills and help support the American Cancer Society’s Relay For Life of Forest Grove at the 1st Annual Brenen Jones Open on Saturday, May 9th 2009, from 10am-3pm, at Horning’s Hideout.

The tournament will include two rounds of 18 holes with entry fees minus payouts donated to the Will Walk For Cure relay team in memory of Brenen Jones.

This is a non PDGA event. Entry fee is $20.00 per individual ($40.00 for doubles tournament). We have a short course option for those who have never played before and do not have their own equipment. Included in the registration fee will be a disc. Payout in this course will be in the form of prize baskets to the top five. We will have a doubles tournament on the long course, with payout to the top three teams. Payout in this course will be at 50%. Both courses will be two rounds of 18 holes. Round one will be from 10-12, and round two from 1-3.

The event will also accept donations and will hold a silent auction at Horning's to benefit the relay event.

Registration in advance is required, and check in will be from 8:30-9:30 a.m. on the day of the tournament. Event coordinators can not guarantee you a spot if you do not pre-register.

For more information, e-mail tournament coordinator Tara Bohren at tleebohren@gmail.com or call Tara Bohren, Adam Silva, or Armando Subia at 503-730-8431. The web site is www.discgolftournament.weebly.com .All event questions should be directed to the event coordinators.

Originally posted by Bob Horning View Post
    1st Annual Brenen Jones Open

Test your disc golf skills and help support the American Cancer Society’s Relay For Life of Forest Grove at the 1st Annual Brenen Jones Open on Saturday, May 9th 2009, from 10am-3pm, at Horning’s Hideout.

The tournament will include two rounds of 18 holes with entry fees minus payouts donated to the Will Walk For Cure relay team in memory of Brenen Jones.

This is a non PDGA event. Entry fee is $20.00 per individual ($40.00 for doubles tournament). We have a short course option for those who have never played before and do not have their own equipment. Included in the registration fee will be a disc. Payout in this course will be in the form of prize baskets to the top five. We will have a doubles tournament on the long course, with payout to the top three teams. Payout in this course will be at 50%. Both courses will be two rounds of 18 holes. Round one will be from 10-12, and round two from 1-3.

The event will also accept donations and will hold a silent auction at Horning's to benefit the relay event.

Registration in advance is required, and check in will be from 8:30-9:30 a.m. on the day of the tournament. Event coordinators can not guarantee you a spot if you do not pre-register.

For more information, e-mail tournament coordinator Tara Bohren at tleebohren@gmail.com or call Tara Bohren, Adam Silva, or Armando Subia at 503-730-8431. The web site is www.discgolftournament.weebly.com .All event questions should be directed to the event coordinators.
    Just wanted to refresh the thread because the event is coming up!

Comment

Just wanted to refresh the thread because the event is coming up!
      Bob, can you please clarify?

Is it two rounds of doubles? Or one round of singles, one dubs? Dubs only on Canyon, or both courses?

Is there an option for just playing one round?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post

Is it two rounds of doubles? Or one round of singles, one dubs? Dubs only on Canyon, or both courses?

Hi Scott,
        I wish I could answer your questions, I'll have to call the folks and ask my self so I can have those answers on hand. The phone to call is 503-730-8431.

Comment

Is it possible to get in a tournament round at this course in only 2 hours?
          If it's a full house won't it take much longer?
          I haven't played there yet so I don't know what to expect-
          the only good salad bar is a drive through-

Comment

2 hrs would be cutting it close if you have something to do afterwards. It can be done for sure, depending on the turn out. I think you will love this course Steve, and you have to play it on your trip here, but trying to hurry up in a tourney could ruin your experience.
            All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post

It's two rounds of doubles and two round of singles. The doubles will be on the Canyon course, and the singles will be on the Hillside course. Here's a link to the registration form that also has more info: http://discgolftournament.weebly.com...lftournreg.doc

If the link does not work go to www.discgolftournament.weebly.com and you'll find the link there too.

Comment

The doubles will be on the Canyon course, and the singles will be on the Hillside course.
                Are these the official names of the courses now?
                Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
                  Are these the official names of the courses now?
                  Almost, not yet. been using it just because some folk have been referencing it that way. I think the Canyon course will remain such, but actually leaning to call the second course Highlands, just to harken back to the Scottish beginnings so to speak. What I would like to do is have a vote here when we get closer to opening the third course and officiall naming all three. To do that I would also like to hear everyones thoughts too on the subject when the time comes.

Comment

Originally posted by jabberjawsteve View Post
                    Is it possible to get in a tournament round at this course in only 2 hours?
                    If it's a full house won't it take much longer?
                    I haven't played there yet so I don't know what to expect-
                    The Two hours/ round is a guide line. Depending on the turn out it could take more time to complete. We may also choose to cut dows the 1 hour lunch break to fit everything in.
                    Adam
                    Tounament Director

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                    Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X