X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dexter Inversion ~ EDGC Fundraiser ~ Sunday April 19th

Come support the Great Northwest Open and Eugene Celebration disc golf tourneys! This is a one day event the weekend before the GNO at Dexter disc golf course. all holes will be played in the opposite direction and will consist of two full rounds of 18. All divisions will have discs, prizes and who knows what else.

Dexter will be played in a way you have always dreamed...
    the wrong way. Come play our fairways in reverse!!!

Cost:
    15$ per player
    8:30am - 5:00pm
    discs and other prizes for all divisions

any questions contact me via pm or on this thread....

*All proceeds go to the Eugene Disc Golf Club
    May the wind be in your favor...

This sounds like fun but I am curious how it will work.

Does this mean that each hole will play from the pin to the tee pad that corresponds to that hole? Does that mean that we will be using temp baskets? Or am I missing something. Inquiring minds want to know.......so they can practice.

Comment

practice.
      good luck with that.

but i hear ya. it sounds a bit confusing. i'll try and explain.

Our hole #1 will play to 18's basket from a random location (near the bathrooms).
      Our hole #2 will start at about the midway point on 18's fairway, and play to 17's (long) basket.
      Hole #3 will start near the end of 17's fairway and play down to a temp near 17's tee.
      #4 will start near the end of 16's (long) basket and play to 15 long AND SO ON AND SO FOURTH.

basically we will be playing all of the fairways in reverse switching on and off normal and temp baskets. it's going to be a blast.
      our hole 18 will be midway up Hole 1's fairway and be an island shot (USDGC style's). it'll be about 250ft long.

i have a map that i'll scan sometime real soon, but i advise not practicing as you might smash somebody in the face coming up one of the fairways.
      and yes, we will have the course reserved so that exact predicament will not happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Zaius View Post
        Come support the Great Northwest Open and Eugene Celebration disc golf tourneys! This is a one day event the weekend before the GNO at Dexter disc golf course. all holes will be played in the opposite direction and will consist of two full rounds of 18. All divisions will have discs, prizes and who knows what else.

Dexter will be played in a way you have always dreamed...
        the wrong way. Come play our fairways in reverse!!!

Cost:
        15$ per player
        8:30am - 5:00pm
        discs and other prizes for all divisions

any questions contact me via pm or on this thread....

*All proceeds go to the Eugene Disc Golf Club
        Uh yeah....I have a question. How do I throw backwards?

Comment

I've seen it done before...

Comment

Sounds like fun - do we make our own groups and play whenever or will there be a players meeting/shot gun start?

See ya there!
            Team DISCRAFT
            NW Sign Up
            Gorilla Boy
            Paragon Disc Golf
            Odwalla

Comment

Originally posted by RonTheWhip View Post
              Sounds like fun - do we make our own groups and play whenever or will there be a players meeting/shot gun start?

See ya there!
              it will be a singles event, shotgun start, with a players meeting. times will be posted soon and pools will most likely be run like how jimmy j ran our "food toss".

Gold - players that usually shoot +2 or lower at dexter
              Silver - players that usually shoot +3 to +7
              Bronze - players that shoot +8 to +12
              Brass - players that shoot above 12

this being a fundraiser, we want to keep the pools large and the interaction fun. playing dexter backwards will not be an easy task and impossible to "rate" so competition will be put aside (yeah right). this is also the first tourney that i've ever td'd so i'm trying to keep it simple and fun.

rest assured this is going to be a great day for disc golf, lunch will (hopefully) be provided (check back) and there should be some cool awards...

hope you can make it dion!

Comment

it will be a singles event, shotgun start, with a players meeting. times will be posted soon and pools will most likely be run like how jimmy j ran our "food toss".

Gold - players that usually shoot +2 or lower at dexter
                Silver - players that usually shoot +3 to +7
                Bronze - players that shoot +8 to +12
                Brass - players that shoot above 12

this being a fundraiser, we want to keep the pools large and the interaction fun. playing dexter backwards will not be an easy task and impossible to "rate" so competition will be put aside (yeah right). this is also the first tourney that i've ever td'd so i'm trying to keep it simple and fun.

rest assured this is going to be a great day for disc golf, lunch will (hopefully) be provided (check back) and there should be some cool awards...

hope you can make it dion!
                When will registration open up online. Ha! Come on....when when! Inquiring disc golfers with nothing better to do what to know. We stand by ready to put any servers to the test!

Comment

Originally posted by Roller Bob View Post
                  When will registration open up online. Ha! Come on....when when! Inquiring disc golfers with nothing better to do what to know. We stand by ready to put any servers to the test!

it's already sold out bob! sorry bout your luck!

Comment

it's already sold out bob! sorry bout your luck!
                    Dammmmm....I knew I shouldn't have taken a nap.

Comment

other notables:

provide your own lunch
                      - chevron is just up the road
                      - so is Danks

we will have beverages!
                      - soda
                      - BEER (in cans and bottles from a leftover party)
                      - coffee

we will have a raffle for all of the sponsors donations
                      - uh, that's self explanatory

we will have bag tags for EDGC members!!!
                      - if you are not an EDGC member then you can join for the discounted price of 5 bucks AND RECEIVE A BAG TAG

there is a trophy for the person that shoots the best score!!!
                      - and i can almost guarantee that it will be above par

there is a 50$ ace pot
                      - if no one hits it then they're will be a first come first serve ace race for the fiddy bones.

COME PLAY THE INVERSION!
                      Last edited by Dr. Zaius; April 13th, 2009, 09:22 PM.

Comment

sunday sunday sunday

Comment

I'm excited for the beautiful weather and new course that I'll get to play tomorrow.

Bring on all challengers!!

Comment

Originally posted by bvdisc View Post
                            I'm excited for the beautiful weather and new course that I'll get to play tomorrow.

Bring on all challengers!!
                            yup, me too. the course and tourney is ready to go so any of you on the fence it's going to be a beautiful day for disc golf and supporting a local club.

Comment

yup, me too. the course and tourney is ready to go so any of you on the fence it's going to be a beautiful day for disc golf and supporting a local club.
                              And a great time was had by all! Great layout, great weather, great refreshments, great raffle! Traffic from non-tournament players was no problem (the course was reserved and closed) even though it was a gorgeous day at Dexter. Good turnout of 40+ people, new members recruited for EDGC and several hundred bucks raised for Great Northwest Open, Eugene Celebration, and future courses in the area.

Major props to Will Larson for the idea and execution of this fundraiser tournament!

Phil Ormsby took the trophy in the Gold division. Andy Hock hit a long ace on what I think was his final throw of the tournament for the $50!

Great job everyone - Dr. Z what was the final tally on players and cash raised?

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X