Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 season's

Originally posted by Sam View Post
    Golf at Whistlers. Rain, wind, sleet, snow... it doesn't matter. LET'S GOLF!
    Well, it obviously didn't matter to 120 or so of us.
    Maybe it was some of the toasty sun and rainbows in between.
    Our group had just started up the hill on 13 when the big one hit.
    By the time we got to tee 14 it was amazing.
    Because of the snow you could see all 3 directions the wind was blowing at the same time. Turnovers anyone?

Big thanks to ALL the players, and gig table helpers.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Flatroc View Post
      Well, it obviously didn't matter to 120 or so of us.
      Maybe it was some of the toasty sun and rainbows in between.
      Our group had just started up the hill on 13 when the big one hit.
      By the time we got to tee 14 it was amazing.
      Because of the snow you could see all 3 directions the wind was blowing at the same time. Turnovers anyone?

Big thanks to ALL the players, and gig table helpers.

Sweet...Now that its over with.....How about that Doubles Flyer..

Comment

you should'a been there bud

Originally posted by Magilla View Post

Uh Oh........
        The dubs gig will max out at 96 teams and we handed out 120 flyers on Sunday.

Like a spent dx roc...stay tuned.
        He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
        - Anonymous

Comment

Yose, this was a sweet event. 116 players? Is that what I heard? For a non-PDGA, sign up day of the event? I didn't know you had quite the following!

In all seriousness, that was some of the weirdest weather I have ever played in. Our group came out of the woods between 6 and 7 and it was sunny. By the time we waited for a group to tee off and we made our way halfway down the fairway, it was snowing. That lasted for about a hole and then it was sunny again.

My personal highlights were the birds I sank on 4 and 9. Miracle tee shot on 4 lands about 55 out with some branches on the right. Anny putt hit low weak-side for a deuce. Good drive on 9 put me about 35 feet out and I bent the putt over the scrub and hit dead-center. Apparently, cliffs only scare me when I am standing right next to them. (Oh... and both putts were with the trusty Aviar-X!)

What made my weekend, however, was Jamie's play. Whistler's has always had her number in tournament play. Not only did she break her PB by three strokes (in tougher positions) but she erased a 4 stroke deficit after the first round and ended up winning the Women's division. She was ecstatic and made me the proudest husband of the day.
          Thank you, Yose, for a great time and for putting on such a fun show. This is NOT the last SOWS event we will attend - just the last one this year.
          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Magilla View Post

Check the upcoming events.
            http://www.discgolforegon.com

Comment

http://www.discgolforegon.com/flyers/wbds09_entry.pdf
              Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
              Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
              Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
              Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
              Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

You Build it and They Will come

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                Yose, this was a sweet event. 116 players? Is that what I heard? For a non-PDGA, sign up day of the event? I didn't know you had quite the following!
                Thanks Sam.
                Whistlers somehow always seems to be the sweetest event on the SOWS tour. I'll try and figure that one out someday.
                As far as the "following".... they are all hypnotized and or brainwashed into believing that disc golf in Southern Oregon is a pretty gudt thang.
                Please don't wake them.
                - Anonymous

Comment

Well, we are certainly looking forward to getting to Selmac and some of your other events so you've got some folks up here brainwashed into believing the same about dg in Southern Oregon, as well.
                  ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                  ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                  Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X