X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOWS # 10 > Whistlers Bend > 3/22/09

The final SOWS gig will be at Whistlers Bend Sunday March 22.
    I've been asked if I was limiting the field for this event.
    I will be limiting this event to 54 southern Oregon golfers, 3 on a tee.
    NOT!
    All are welcome.
    This gig should bring us close to $13,000 given back in cash and prizes.
    Thanks to all who have supported these fun competitive events.
    And BIG KUDOS to you folks who have helped us organize the 90-100 dgers we've been averaging per event.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    - Anonymous

New holes at whistlers!!!!

We will be unveiling two new pin settings at this event.

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    - Anonymous

Comment

individual campsites are now open

The individual campsites at Whistlers are now open.
      $15. per site.
      Also, IF enough peeps show up on saturday, they can get together with Bud and possibly get a "group" camping spot at a lot cheaper price, depending on the #'s.
      Hopefully * next Sunday Momma Nature will furnish us with the infamous:
      Whistlin' Winds @ Whistlers.
      If you love a good challenge that is.
      You gotta love those march winds.

* I was going to add a "praying smilie" and could not find one.
      Did you delete it Sam ?
      IF you really show up and the winds are there I hope you don't have any bad ju ju.
      Drive safely on the pavement and the fairway.
      - Anonymous

Comment

How many of you northern Oregon dudes are coming down for the SOWS this weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by the flogging putter View Post
          How many of you northern Oregon dudes are coming down for the SOWS this weekend?
          Since I missed out on signing up for the GNO I'm seriously considering it. Might be my only tourney at Whistler's this year

It's two rounds, right?
          Last edited by Jeff Hemmerling; March 16th, 2009, 11:56 AM. Reason: Added question.

Comment

Gibsons are down. Waiting on word from our potential carpool but we will be there one way or the other.

Golf at Whistlers. Rain, wind, sleet, snow... it doesn't matter. LET'S GOLF!
            ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

The event is two rounds on sunday, but there will be alot of us out there camping on fri.and sat.

Comment

i'm considering it. i love whistlers do death and plus it'd be good prep for the gno.

hey yose, how early do you think we need to get there to guarantee a spot? i'm imagining the turnout for this thing is going to break some sort of record as some of us want to prep for gno, some of us are pissed we didn't get in to the gno, and some of us have no idea what the hell the gno even is because it always sells out in 20 mins.
                May the wind be in your favor...

Comment

Wow. Is there a possibility of it selling out? Should we be there by dawn?
                  ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                  ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

we have never turned anyone away in the past in the SOWS, hopefully we don't start now! if there is alot of people the maybe some added hole and ghost groups slow rounds.

Comment

Whistlers Bend enthusiasts/addicts

Just a friendly reminder to those who are unaware of the format for SOWS gigs.
                      We have, and will not turn anybody away because of a full field.
                      Now we may have other reasons, but for this last event all are welcome.
                      It might be a gig table nightmare, but when it's all over it should be worth it.
                      - Anonymous

Comment

Hey Sam you driving down Saturday or Sunday? There will be a lot going on Saturday as long as the weather is not to bad.

Comment

We are coming down Saturday. Leaving PDX by 9 and stopping for a quick round at Dexter and then to Whistler's for what could be 1 round and might be 2.

We're staying in Roseburg for the evening and looking at a good Italian place for dinner. What else is going on?
                          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                            We are coming down Saturday. Leaving PDX by 9 and stopping for a quick round at Dexter and then to Whistler's for what could be 1 round and might be 2.

We're staying in Roseburg for the evening and looking at a good Italian place for dinner. What else is going on?
                            There will be a lot of us golfing all day( random dubs or singles) Saturday and putting(21) most of the night! If that Italian place is Anthony's it is good, i always go with the clams and linguini.

Comment

I imagine a 9am departure puts us at Dexter at 11. A round there and we will be to Whistler's by 2:30-3:00 and ready to golf. I think we'll want to get a round of singles in but we are not adverse to playing in something somewhat organized so if you guys could set that up for 3pm, that would be sweet!

REALLY looking forward to this weekend!
                              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X