X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discraft Ace Races in Portland

Curious to see who has plans for an ace race this year! I saw one over on the east side at Vance, but I'm hoping someone will throw one somewhere on the west side. Hell, if I can get some help running it, I'll do it! Any thoughts? Anyone planning on doing one?

Here's what I'm thinking if I run one...
    I could either do it on a Sunday in August/ September.
    Maybe at Orchard Park?
    OR
    Maybe I'll do it on Tuesday, August 27th. This would work out for all the people that go to Tuesday Twos at Orchard, as it's the week after the season ends.

Thoughts?

And yes, I saw that there will be one out at Hornings, but I won't be able to make it, so I'm hoping we can get another one on the west side.
    Brody Cannon
    PDGA #34008

http://discgolfacerace.com/tdinfo.html

Q: There is already an Ace Race scheduled in my area. Can I still run one?

A: Possibly. We typically prefer a 30-mile buffer between potentially competing events, but some exceptions are made in more heavily populated areas. Previously scheduled events receive priority. Even with Discraft approval, you will most likely have to also obtain approval from the first event's TD. If that fails, Discraft reserves the right to defer to the initially scheduled event, and may request location changes to the second event, or to deny that event from participating.

Comment

Thought they needed to be scheduled already.

Comment

Thanks Scott. Should I try to find something further south and further away from Hornings then? I think Greenway is over 20 miles away. And considering that it's the Portland metro area, I think they would approve of another one in Portland. I just want some feedback to know if anyone would be interested in participating.
        Brody Cannon
        PDGA #34008

Comment

Originally posted by Mcw5378 View Post
          Thought they needed to be scheduled already.
          You can schedule events with as little as two weeks lead time. Events must be run in August, September, or October.

http://www.sportdiscs.com/acerace13_reg.html

Comment

Hmmm ... lunchtime?

Comment

Originally posted by tmk View Post
              Hmmm ... lunchtime?
              I'd be fine with that. My only concern with that is that all the DGOD people that usually play Lunchtime will likely already be committed to the DGOD event at Hornings. I was hoping to get most of my people from the Hillsboro area (Tuesday twos regulars).
              Brody Cannon
              PDGA #34008

Comment

If your looking for a Discraft Ace Race on the west side, go to the one at Horning's Hideout. It's always a lot of fun there because the highlands course is perfect for this type of an event. And all the normal city park rules don't apply, so have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Josh M View Post
                  If your looking for a Discraft Ace Race on the west side, go to the one at Horning's Hideout. It's always a lot of fun there because the highlands course is perfect for this type of an event. And all the normal city park rules don't apply, so have fun!
                  This... obviously... Sorry you can't make it Brody, maybe next year.

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonH View Post
                    This... obviously... Sorry you can't make it Brody, maybe next year.
                    I mean... it SHOULD be obvious... but then again...

Once upon a time - a few weeks back - a dear friend was dead serious when he asked if he could play Lunchtime League on Sunday and have his round count for the week. We tried to tell him why this wouldn't work for... well... a while. He still wants to play on Sunday and just needs someone to card his score. Say... maybe Brody can help him with that?

Some things are just not so obvious, I guess.
                    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Brody isn't trying to replace the ace race at HH, he's trying to add to it. Let's all jump on the guy who's trying to expand the sport.

Comment

Love to see more events in the area. I suggested lunchtime as a high-iron(ic) supplement. DGOD did a great job setting up the course for 18 holes for the DD & Legacy events; but Discraft probably would have an issue with them running two Ace Races. However, if Brody ran it ... just sayin'. (though I understand the preference for Orchard).

Comment

Champoeg is 40 miles from north plains
                          Proud member #20 of STUMPTOWN Disc Golf and the PDGA #30488
                          Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Darr View Post
                            Champoeg is 40 miles from north plains
                            That'd be a good one, actually.

Comment

I know of two in the area.

This one...

And there is also an Ace Race scheduled for September 1st in Gresham.
                              sigpic
                              http://www.discgolfscene.com/clubs/DISC_GOLF_OR_DIE

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X