Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discology

Aug. 10. Saturday. Timber park

There is so much I need to get going on but I have decided that I am calling out all you great people to chime in and post about that one hole or how your best Disc Golf buddy nailed the hula-hoop hole, about how much fun you and your team had. The Field goal hole!!!!! Heaven or hell, right? You got to love it.

Check in with those great people at 4discgolf.com to sign up.

The guys and I did some brush clearing last Sat. Disc's are ready. Got to get those kegs on order.

We are planning on evil fun. More to come.........

Seriously, post up somethings that y'all came away with from our last event or even the first one in N. Bonneville.

Boom!

Peace, PhilStomp
    (Phil Kurtz)
    Last edited by PhilStomp; July 29th, 2013, 10:23 AM.

Current registration list?
    Brody Cannon
    PDGA #34008

Comment

Originally posted by TheCannon View Post
      Current registration list?
      Sorry, I don't have that information due to the fact that 4discgolf.com have been taking care of that and I have yet to link in and get myself updated.
      I may work on that later today.
      Phil

Comment

Ahhhhh, I was hoping to see a few posts about years past so that others who have not tried Discology might see what kind of tournament it is.

Ok, ok, I got one.
        The infamous Field Goal hole. Timber park, that big long hole in the back with the Electrical power “Tower” This hole tee’d off about half way to the basket but the two wooden power pole were played like a Football Field Goal. Just kick (throw) it through the uprights.
        Wasn’t my group but the “Cali” two-some that was with us.
        They were having a rough 4 or 5 holes in a row. First guy…miss, second guy ….miss. First guy Cali throw. It was a horrible throw. He turns away with a couple of choice words. The disc hits the Tower, TWICE and then fades off with just enough juice left to make the field goal.

Cheers like an ace blasting chains. It was fun to watch.

Phillip

Comment

Hey, this going to be a blast. Stumptown and Rip City Disc have stepped up and added to the Discology prizes.

I really want people to show up even if it's a team of 2 or even 1. Be willing to "work it out with us" and we will make it work and have a great time. I would have never thought that I'd like this format but teams of three and the skill shots just simple make for a great time.

Come day of and don't worry that we can't get you in.

I have (never thrown before) CE Eagle, Valkyrie and FireBird for the "CE Disc Dollar Toss". I'm thinking, winner gets to pick the disc. Maybe, will see. Anyway, yeah. Dollar a CTP throw for a CE treasure. Top 5 closest get a final throw (no charge of course) to get the prize.
          Ty and Jason have lots more!

They didn't say I couldn't tell so....I do know that there is a huge mini hole, an Old school Disc (ultimate) hole and Putter only holes.
          Notice that I said "holes" and not hole. Yeah, Ty and Jason know that I don't throw putters. That's OK, I'm still pushing for a turbo putt hole. They both suck at turbo.

Peace,
          Phil Kurtz

Comment

Just wish it wasn't the same weekend as Whistlin' Discs so I could attend for a change, better luck next year I suppose!

Comment

This is going to rock! Any chance of a player list going up?
              Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
              Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
              Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
              Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
              Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
                Any chance of a player list going up?
                Please?
                Brody Cannon
                PDGA #34008

Comment

Hey Phil, what is the schedule - players meeting and start time? I assume an hour lunch as usual. I have some things happening later in the day - need to budget time and beer consumption - and yes a reg list would be nice.

Cheers

Comment

Hope this works

Am Men ShankOpotamus Kevin Brito
                    Am Men G-Men Jacob Pratt
                    Am Men The Bogey Boys Leo Ackerman
                    Am Men 3 Am-Ego's Winchester Spencer
                    Am Men Trifecta cody davies
                    Am Men Extremely Highzer Casey Kimball
                    Am Men Chain Bangers MIke Littlejohn
                    Am Men Justice League Eric hayworth
                    Am Men Team Amped Jesse Randall
                    Am Men Chain Twerkers Eric
                    Am Men The Red Letter Boys Ron Moen
                    Am Men Slangin' Aces Kyle
                    Am Men We're Gonna Hurl Rick Plummer
                    Am Men Fermenters Chris LAMOUREUX
                    Am Men sheizer on your hyzer Kevin Schuette
                    Am Men Spur of the Moment Eulind Calorino
                    Am Men The Titsburg Feelers Dusty
                    Am Men Anhyzer Boyz Alex Noone
                    Am Men Flyin High Trevor Madtson
                    Am Men Not Quite Advanced Joshua Skei

Adv. Am Men The 3 C's Darren Jameson
                    Adv. Am Men Just 4 Fun Tyson Long
                    Adv. Am Men The Chainbreakers justin ferguson
                    Adv. Am Men Team No Tears Brandon Johnson
                    Adv. Am Men Chain Vapers Jason Reilly

Pro Men Home Team Dustin Clark
                    Pro Men Skelli and the Brodys Brody Cannon
                    Pro Men MR.D Mike

Ok, that's going to have to do. Didn't copy from a spread sheet very well.

Missing from the list are:
                    My team, Ty & Jason's, Hardin's 2, Greg Ferguson's and 3 others that I know of.. Ty told me of some more.

Bonus for every team member that pre-registered at 4DiscGolf.com---1 paid throw at the CE disc. I'm buying. I love this pre-register, makes my job a lot easier.

I can do 6 divisions and only have 3 to date. Only takes two teams to make a division. Disc Golf Gals....Where are you????

I have to look at a few things and will try to answer more in a bit.
                    Cheers,
                    Phil

Comment

Originally posted by PDX_Stu View Post
                      Hey Phil, what is the schedule - players meeting and start time? I assume an hour lunch as usual. I have some things happening later in the day - need to budget time and beer consumption - and yes a reg list would be nice.

Cheers

9:00am Registration / Check-in

9:45am Players meeting

10:00am Tee off

Check in (unofficial) as soon as you get there if you are not pre-registered. Check in with me (Phillip Kurtz, big tall OLD guy) and I'll give you the scoop. I hope to NOT make everyone wait till "Not til 9:00" like last time. I may hold off players packs till Registration is settled. Work with me, people.

Lunch will be an hour from the last card turned in (WE HOPE)

There will be beer and drink. Please 21 and older AND Drink Responable. We want you at the next Discology.

PS Looking like we lost some land for 6 holes. Trying to figure out 2 to put back in. I want that Mini hole. I've been getting pretty good (at not looking like a total fool) at the mini driver.

Disc Golf Depot will be bringing out the FULL trailer. Script will be day of only (or maybe you can work something out with Jerry).

Sorry, if my answers are slow. The guys and I are working real hard to make this a great event.

Cheers,
                      Phil

Comment

Such a small open field
                        Brody Cannon
                        PDGA #34008

Comment

Originally posted by TheCannon View Post
                          Such a small open field
                          Sorry about that but Ty and Jason will be OPEN.
                          I'm not sure who is playing with them. Maybe Sidearm Travis.

I think my team is ADV but it's up to Rich.

Get the word out to the Open players.

Another AM and another ADV team added today.

I'm gett'n pretty worked up and really just want it to be here.
                          See you there.
                          Phil

Comment

Jordan and I are looking for a partner for this event. If you would like to play on our team, post here or send me a PM.

Comment

The position is filled.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X