X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annual Greenway Tournament Saturday 7/20

Every year I help out THPRD to throw a canned food drive tournament at Greenway. This is late notice, but the tournament is this Saturday, the 20th.

Entry Fee: 2 or more non-perishable food items, which will be taken to the Oregon Food Bank

Prizes: Misprint Elite-Z discs to top finishers as well as a raffle.

Schedule:

9:00am Family friendly clinic
    9:20am Family 9 hole tournament
    Followed by awards and another clinic.

12:00pm Sign up for singles 18 hole tournament (2 divisions)
    12:20pm Grouping and shotgun start
    Followed by awards

2pm Tuesday Twos style random draw doubles for $5 (not official, but probably more competitive)

I hope to see some of you out there, as it's for a good cause. And if that's not enough for you, some good prizes are up for grabs!
    Brody Cannon
    PDGA #34008

Tourney at Greenway? Velly interesting ... seriously, great cause, thanks Brody! See you there.

Comment

Bump! Just a reminder! Bring your whole family! Maybe I'll throw in a prize to the person that brings the most food items....
      Brody Cannon
      PDGA #34008

Comment

Obviously this is already over with, but next year I am interested. I got my dad hooked on disc golf and we play Greenway all the time since he lives in Tigard. I always wondered why a weekly doubles league never got started at Greenway. Any thoughts? It seems like a great opportunity to get the SW Portland/Tigard, Tualatin, Beaverton people together.
        Disc golf ruined my life.

Comment

No weekly because the walk-outs take too long and there are already weekly leagues on every day of the week.
          Brody Cannon
          PDGA #34008

Comment

Originally posted by TheCannon View Post
            No weekly because the walk-outs take too long and there are already weekly leagues on every day of the week.
            Monday and Tuesday might not work on the west side, but Wed, Thurs, or Fri would probably do well for a casual weekly.

The walkouts kind of suck, but they are not unsurmountable.

The real reason that there is no weekly tournament out there is that nobody has stepped up to run one (yet). These things don't just magically happen. It takes someone with a passion who wants to see it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
              Monday and Tuesday might not work on the west side, but Wed, Thurs, or Fri would probably do well for a casual weekly.

The walkouts kind of suck, but they are not unsurmountable.

The real reason that there is no weekly tournament out there is that nobody has stepped up to run one (yet). These things don't just magically happen. It takes someone with a passion who wants to see it happen.
              Getting 18 holes in before it gets dark also makes it very tough. (Walk-outs + waiting for pedestrians = a lot of extra time)
              Brody Cannon
              PDGA #34008

Comment

It doesn't have to be 18, but in the right months it shouldn't be a problem.
                A shorter season (June, July) would give plenty of daylight.

Just takes the right person to make it happen.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X