Clear All

• 2009 Southern Oregon Summer Series/SOSS

and yet another series..........

5/31 Tom Pearce, Grants Pass
    6/28 Riverfront, Roseburg
    7/25 Lake Selmac, Selma
    8/30 Whistlers Bend, Roseburg
    9/26-27 Windy Creek, Glendale

As a result of the huge numbers we are getting at the SOWS gigs I hate to say it but we will be limiting the field to 100 golfers per event.
    Fees will be:
    pro $27
    pro master $22
    advanced $17
    amateur $12

Mo info soon.
    Last edited by Flatroc; March 10th, 2009, 10:08 AM. Reason: typo correction
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    - Anonymous

PDGA or no?

Actually, I don't really care. I am excited for another tourney at Whistler's.
    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

non PDGA

Originally posted by Sam View Post
      PDGA or no?

Actually, I don't really care. I am excited for another tourney at Whistler's.
      There has been talk about sanctioning this series and the next SOWS gigs with the PDGA. But it's hard to justify the money you pay the PDGA versus the small number of PDGA members that attend these events.
      It seems to me if you have 75 nons and 25 members, the bennies that the members receive (ratings and ?,?) versus the nons (which is zero) is not worth the fees.
      The UDA (oldest disc golf club in the state at 20 years) STILL caters to the grass root/ground level of disc golf.
      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
      - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Flatroc View Post
        The UDA (oldest disc golf club in the state at 20 years) STILL caters to the grass root/ground level of disc golf.
        And the attitude of the UDA contributes to why the local area is split 75/25 non-PDGA/PDGA...

but I'll still play with you anytime, anywhere Yose!
        Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
        Remain ye men of faculty complete,
        Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
        Attending to our noble bond and contract?
        Or does here stand the last remaining man
        To give a fig for rules and order yet,
        No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
        Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
        Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
          And the attitude of the UDA contributes to why the local area is split 75/25 non-PDGA/PDGA...

but I'll still play with you anytime, anywhere Yose!
          Actually even IF there were 25 of 100 PDGA members that went to SOWS gigs, most of them live south or north of the UDA.
          We runs em outa our neck o da woods.
          Why should 75 people who might never go to a PDGA event join the PDGA?
          I only encourage folks who want to take their game to a higher level to join the PDGA.The local grass rooters don't need it.
          We don't need to be PDGA members to promote what we love.
          Why do you have to be that way Jordan?
          You must love starting on tee 14 at Whistlers huh?
          durn city slickers anyhoo
          Last edited by Flatroc; March 11th, 2009, 08:37 PM.
          - Anonymous

Comment

Why do you have to be that way Jordan?
            You must love starting on tee 14 at Whistlers huh?
            Now THAT is some funny stuff right there!
            ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

God damn pdga pirates! well i just joined this year i got tired of paying $10 extra a Oregon series event. I guess the oldtimer help me in my views of the pdga, but come on $10 a f*cking tournament if your not pdga that is wrong, besides i want to drink durning the round!!!

Comment

Originally posted by the flogging putter View Post
                besides i want to drink durning the round!!!
                Couldn't have said it better myself.

Comment

Way to go Jordo

Originally posted by the flogging putter View Post
                  God damn pdga pirates! well i just joined this year i got tired of paying $10 extra a Oregon series event. I guess the oldtimer help me in my views of the pdga, but come on $10 a f*cking tournament if your not pdga that is wrong, besides i want to drink durning the round!!!
                  Josh, it looks like you've been drinking during your post.

It's a trap kiddo, don't let these brainwashers get to ya.

So much for a SOSS thread.

Way to go Jordo.......

cya up on the hill buddy.

Oh wait if I'm on tee # 1 and you're on tee # 14 I guess I won't cya up on the hill.
                  - Anonymous

Comment

I know that these are all one day events, Yose, but will there be group camping at any of them? Particularly, Lake Selmac and Whistler's as I would like to play both of these events.
                    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

camping info

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                      I know that these are all one day events, Yose, but will there be group camping at any of them? Particularly, Lake Selmac and Whistler's as I would like to play both of these events.
                      As for WB I'll most likely reserve a group spot.
                      The Selma gig is the only one on a Saturday with the SOJ (State of Jefferson) to be held Sunday. There is tons of camping/yurts at Lake Selamc.
                      Yep it's two different one day gigs at the same venue.
                      If you haven't made an SOJ event you should.
                      Good times (random dubs) for a good cause (help keeping the Riddle Education Center afloat).

Oh and non PDGA members get a discount.
                      - Anonymous

Comment

7/25 Lake Selmac, Selma

As a result of the huge numbers we are getting at the SOWS gigs I hate to say it but we will be limiting the field to 100 golfers per event.
                        Fees will be:
                        pro $27
                        pro master $22
                        advanced $17
                        amateur $12

Mo info soon.

EXCEPT for Whistlers being the same weekend as the Lava Launch..

Comment

too many gigs not enuff time

Originally posted by Magilla View Post

EXCEPT for Whistlers being the same weekend as the Lava Launch..

I tryed to not conflict with as many gigs as I could, but this day and age it's purt near impossible.
                          Although I had this schedule in pencil long before any other gig dates were posted, I regret the conflict.
                          Sometimes having so many choices may be ruff.
                          I think you should go to the gig.
                          Last edited by Flatroc; March 11th, 2009, 10:04 AM.
                          - Anonymous

Comment

SOSS#1 @ Tom Pearce > Grants Pass 5/31/09

7/25 Lake Selmac, Selma

Fees will be:
                            pro $27
                            pro master $22
                            advanced $17
                            amateur $12

Players meet @ 9:30
                            Tee off @ 10:00
                            BUMP
                            Last edited by Flatroc; May 29th, 2009, 09:04 AM.
                            - Anonymous

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                            Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X