Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rose City Open at Trojan again!? DAMN!

Keep in mind, I love Trojan and think it's one of the most beautiful couses in Oregon. But Damn! Were is the common sense here? It's way too far from Portland to be part of the ROSE CITY Open. What am I missing? Dabney is much closer to Portland than Trojan. If you just have to have a bigger draw then at least keep it in the Greater PORTLAND Area. I hate to say it (and probably wouldn't want to play it either) but Lunch Time makes more sense than Trojan. I'm sorry, I'm just pissed that I'm not going to play my hometown tournament because it's so "F"ing far away from my home town.
    P.S. Sorry Trojan Nation. You guys rock. I'd go out for a Nation Tourney any day. This is a matter of principle.
    TD. There's still time.

Sorry Disagree

Its worth every mile!! Trojan Rocks!

Comment

So you think Dabney is better than Trojan huh, Have you ever played Dabney in a tournament? Dabney is too dangerous and it has proven so when you put 72-80 people on it.

I also think that Trojan is a drive but so what it is a good course and a difficult course. Lunchtime is only 12 holes so that is obviously not a good choice and Rooster Rock is a good distance from Pier as well. But don't you worry there are other fractures in Stumptown that would like to see it go as well. Personally I think the risk reward of Trojan and the tight lines of Pier creates a tough setup that rightly crowns the Rose City Open Champion
      PDGA #25296
      Stumptown #34

Comment

Originally posted by chainslammin View Post
        Keep in mind, I love Trojan and think it's one of the most beautiful couses in Oregon. But Damn! Were is the common sense here? It's way too far from Portland to be part of the ROSE CITY Open. What am I missing? Dabney is much closer to Portland than Trojan. If you just have to have a bigger draw then at least keep it in the Greater PORTLAND Area. I hate to say it (and probably wouldn't want to play it either) but Lunch Time makes more sense than Trojan. I'm sorry, I'm just pissed that I'm not going to play my hometown tournament because it's so "F"ing far away from my home town.
        P.S. Sorry Trojan Nation. You guys rock. I'd go out for a Nation Tourney any day. This is a matter of principle.
        TD. There's still time.
        Isn't there a club hosting the event, that holds meetings posted on these boards?.... Seems a little late for ??
        Proud member #20 of STUMPTOWN Disc Golf and the PDGA #30488
        Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

Comment

I really like Trojan in the tournament set up. I thin a few holes could be tweaked to make better use of the water, but for the most part, it was a blast playing it last year. On a unrelated note, I think I was the only player to birdie hole 17 both rounds (monster sidearm to the end of the penninsula) if there were any other birdies at all.

Yes it is a long drive, but would that REALLY stop you from playing. I mean seriously, do you not play any other tournaments because you have to travel to them?
          Team DISCRAFT
          NW Sign Up
          Gorilla Boy
          Paragon Disc Golf
          Odwalla

Comment

Trojan may be the single best risk reward course in Oregon... What a huge challenge! I applaud the TD for making the tough choice and for challenging oregon golfers to take on this fantastic course!

Comment

It's such a kick as challenging course that it's worth the drive (substantial that it is). It does officially make it the furthest course from my home in the entire Oregon Series but I think it's worth it.

-Ben

Comment

Originally posted by chainslammin View Post
                TD. There's still time.
                I'll give you a ride...if that's all it is.
                Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

after playing the rose city tournament last year for the 1st time i will never miss this one again! trojan rocks and i am more then happy to drive over 5 hours from roseburg to play.

Comment

hehe, the guy from Troutdale wants to play Dabney. Go figure.

Comment

As per Google maps, from Pier Park it is only 10 miles and 10 minutes more of a drive to get to Trojan than to get to Dabney.

Comment

hmmmm... a course that challenges every shot in your bag including more than a handful of risk/reward water shots and typical heavy winds. i absolutely love this course and am happy to say that i shot my first 1000 rated round as an Am there last year.

another vote from me to keep trojan on (and to watch out for blinky the three eyed fish and other chemically altered species).
                        May the wind be in your favor...

Comment

Keep it coming guys your making the TD's job easier!!
                          PDGA #25296
                          Stumptown #34

Comment

Trojan! Trojan! Trojan!

Comment

Per Google maps:

Pier to Dabney by car: 27.8 miles, about 41 minutes
                              Pier to Trojan by car: 37.2 miles, about 50 minutes

Is it really that big a deal? 9 extra minutes?
                              Trojan is not as far away as it seems.

Pier to Milo by car: 39.3 miles, about 67 minutes!!!
                              Betcha wouldn't have guessed that:
                              Trojan is closer to Pier than Milo!
                              Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                              Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                              Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                              Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                              Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X