• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Wortman Open July 21st 2013 PDGA C-Tier

Event: Singles PDGA C-Tier
    When: Sunday July 21st 2013
    Where: Wortman Park McMinnville Oregon
    Series: This is part 1 of a 3 part series. Other dates are 9-28-13 and 11-2-13. Also at Wortman Park. Carquest has sponsored $150.00 towards series champions trophies.
    Course: Standard 12 hole course with 6 added holes. Most likely using Smith Cookie Factory field only. The school f#ucked us again last event and had a football game transfer after we already started. Bad deal. A lady got hit with a drive. Unless someone would like to donate the $285.00 to close the field we will add 4 holes in the Smith field and two more in the park. Will use the standard 3 holes we use in the field with one more added behind the factory.
    Registration: On line at 4discgolf.com is open. You may also register with me(Terry) @ 503-857-9969 to make other arrangements. Pre registration is reqiured. $5.00 late fee after 7-20-13 8:00 p.m. If you are registered but are paying day of you will have a $2.00 paying day of fee.
    Costs: Open $30.00 Other pro's $25.00 Advanced divisions $25.00
    Intermediate divisions $20.00 Recreation and Jr. divisions $15.00
    Non PDGA member fee is $10.00
    Ace pot is $2.00
    Hole sponsorship is $20.00
    If enough people pre pay and want player packs we will provide them. A shirt or quality disc. We will have discs and other things for script. I can write Disc Golf Depot script as well.
    Discgolfscene has the tournament page to check registration and possible other info.
    Times:
    8:00 a.m. - 8:45 a.m. registration/check in
    9:00 a.m. - 9:15 a.m. players meeting
    9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. round 1
    12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m. lunch 1 hour after last card turned in
    1:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. round 2
    4:45 p.m. - 5:15 p.m. awards
    Hope to have the course set up early Saturday if not late Friday night. Don't work Friday or Saturday. So lots of time to get a practice round in
    Doubles event Saturday 5:00 p.m. BYOP. Divisions if apply. $10.00 per team
    Questions call Terry @ 503-857-9969

The Wortman Open isn't showing up on the PDGA website, any idea why?

Comment

Originally posted by Mcw5378 View Post
      The Wortman Open isn't showing up on the PDGA website, any idea why?
      Yes. The fees have to be paid before they put it on the website. Our PDGA rep for the club says it is approved. It is on Jeff's schedule. So he approved it. I asked the club to pay for the event today so it will appear on the site before tee-off so I'll stop getting these calls. You don't have to pre-pay the fee to have an event. Just have to pre pay to be on the schedule.
      I will post a list of registered players tonight for those not viewing the discgolfscene. Also no final word on field use yet. I usually don't get final ok untill mid week before the event. They let us use the field area's for $15.00 instead of $280.00. So if they can rent it at full rate they do. Just talked to them today at 4:00 pm and no one had rented it yet.
      Thank you for being interested and hope to see ya there.

Comment

I can confirm that I submitted the event to the PDGA yesterday and paid the fees for sanctioning.

Please dont take this out on Terry, Completly my fault and my responsibility. Work and Family have been crazy, but I can assure this event is happening as described! Thanks and see you Sunday
        Future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

Comment

Glad this is happening!
          Going out Monday morning to get in some practice!!

Comment

Course Update-Player update.

The school gave the OK to use the field. Smith's have yet to reply on their field.
            Registered players. Which most all have prepaid. Thank you people very much for prepaying on line.
            42 registered players.
            open-4
            master-1
            adv-4
            adv mas-4
            adv grn mas-3
            int-11
            int w-1
            rec-13
            jr4-1
            homepage on the discgolfscene.
            Last edited by SMOKIN JOE; July 19th, 2013, 06:35 PM. Reason: Updated players list

Comment

PDGA

It is on the PDGA schedule now.

Comment

[/QUOTE]
                If enough people pre pay and want player packs we will provide them. A shirt or quality disc. :[/QUOTE]

Sorry a little confused by this...is a players pack included in the entry fee or is this at an extra cost?
                Par is irrelevant... ;-)

Comment

I'll be there
                  Support Disc Golf Tournament Solutions on Facebook

DG Tournament Solutions Webpage

Comment

If enough people pre pay and want player packs we will provide them. A shirt or quality disc. :[/QUOTE]

Sorry a little confused by this...is a players pack included in the entry fee or is this at an extra cost?[/QUOTE]

Not enough people preregistered in time to have players packs made up. I have never included a players pack at my events. Always thought you should earn your wares. Alot of people seem to like players packs. So I thought I might include them if there was enough interest. I had only 4 people ask about them. And no where near enough pre paid sign ups to get some made up and ordered. At the low entry prices there would not be much left to battle for. Thanks for the interest and asking.

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKIN JOE View Post
                      ...And no where near enough pre paid sign ups to get some made up and ordered. At the low entry prices there would not be much left to battle for. Thanks for the interest and asking.
                      Thanks for the timely reply...didn't think there would be room in the entry fee which was why I asked...just wasn't sure if there was a "side option" going or not. Looking forward to it- thanks again.
                      Par is irrelevant... ;-)

Comment

Thanks to all that helped do what was needed to get the Wortman Open up and running!!
                        Had a blast! Even won a CTP! (a nice factory 2nd Lat 64 Pure)
                        And lastly thanks Terry Shurler for TD'ing!

Comment

left my teebird

I left my yellow huklab teebird on the lost and found
                          tc table. Terry can you hold onto that until I can get it b ack? Thanks. And thanks for a great event had alotta fun.

Comment

Doooooooooh..................

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                            Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X