Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super douche alert!

Originally posted by Darr View Post
    I have updated the original post with other camping options suggested in the thread. Thanks guys!
    A 950 acre park hosting a PDGA NT/A Tier with 300 players and the Parks people think 25 camping spots will cover it. AND they wait until there's less than a month before the event to spring this little gem on us?

Hey Michael Grummert! THIS is a major douche move. Way worse than asking some questions about how our sport works (or doesn't as the case may be).

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
    Remain ye men of faculty complete,
    Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
    Attending to our noble bond and contract?
    Or does here stand the last remaining man
    To give a fig for rules and order yet,
    No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
    Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
    Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Just let me know your camp number and where the ice chests are hiding

Comment

Wow super lame! No notice at all. F**k, Seems like the management has gotten worse at that park. I didn't think that was possible. Serious douche bags.

One of the tournament sponsors is The Clackamas Inn right next to 205 and the estacada exit, exit 12. They have offered dicounted rates and kicked in cash every year for a long time. If the weather is nasty, or you want to sleep in a bed, go there. I think its $60 a night for 2 beds, tell them you are in the bsf to save the $10 a night. http://www.clackamasinn.com/

Comment

Damn...Sure am glad that I decided to camp in the campground back in April.

When I looked there was only ONE site left so I snatched it up quickly....

As it turns out...that was some pretty good timing.

It is a bummer that there is no onsite camping this year.....It has always been a good time and a favored part of the event.

Things change........and we move on.

Comment

So did I just get extremely lucky or what?! I checked on the site and did a search for Arrival Date: Fri Jun 28 2013 Departure Date: Sun Jun 30 2013 and one site popped up so I just registered it. Wicked fortunate.

Comment

I have updated the original post with new info.
              Proud member #20 of STUMPTOWN Disc Golf and the PDGA #30488
              Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

Comment

At least there's some good news about not being able to get through during registration. This would totally suck and I'm glad I don't have to deal with it.. I've parked at the little bar/restaurant just north of the park entrance in the RV a few times
                Relax and enjoy your hair
                TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mikk View Post
                  I know of a really nice camping spot within a 20 minute drive east of estacata. However you would have to be ok with a bunch of nude hippy folks ;-)
                  Squaw mountain resort www.squawmt.com/
                  They are super cool and have some good cooks!! NO CAMERAS PLEASE!
                  and yes I have stayed there, it was hella fun, if not a bit wierd
                  Co-Ed

Naked

Ultimate

and hot-tubs
                  Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - The Dude, 1998.

Comment

Hope I'M on the waitlist, near the top

Comment

2013 BSF Camping

To players and guests of the Beaver State Fling:

The BSF staff would like to inform every one of the camping changes taking place for the 2013 Beaver State Fling. Camping will no longer be permitted in the group day-use sites along the West course this year. This means that camping at sites D (along the fairway of hole 7 West) and E (along the parking lot near hole 9 West) will not be available. Camping will only be offered in the “Kingfisher” group camp site (on the right side of the road as you enter the course just before the Genius hole 9 East). Camping at the Kingfisher site is limited! Camping with an RV is not possible in Kingfisher group camp. Reserve your spot for $5 per vehicle (park day-use fee included). Vehicle is to remain in Kingfisher group site unless you have a yearly pass. If you have any questions or to reserve your spot, please contact me through our event website at www.beaverstatefling.com.
                      Here are some other options for camping in the area you can look into

http://www.clackamas.us/parks/barton.html
                      http://www.clackamas.us/parks/metzler.html
                      The Kingfisher site has room for 25 cars and 150 campers. All of the parking spaces have been reserved in Kinfisher so we will have overflow parking in the A parking lot (east side). I you plan on camping and have not reserved a spot at Kingisher with me already, plan on unloading at the site and parking down the road in parking lot A.

Thank you, Patrick Darr - BSF Camping Director
                      Yes, camping has changed...the State Park has graciously allowed us to camp in "day use" only areas in years past and unfortunately they can no longer offer us this flexibility...With this in mind, the park staff has offered what we feel is a great compromise for our players.

We have full use of the Kingfisher group camp, and we have their approval to exceed the headcount in the camp up to 150 people.

This is a great camping area complete with community fire rings with cook tops, so bring wood.

The only catch is that Kingfisher can only hold roughly 25 cars (Kingfisher parking pass provided), but overflow parking is available in Parking Lot A (Lot A parking pass). So... If you were not one of the first 25 to reserve your spot with Patrick Darr, you must unload at group camp and park your vehicle in parking lot A.

FYI-a trail just off Kingfisher leads you to the "Genius" (9E) teepad!

Embrace the change!

The Beaver State Fling staff is very much looking forward to another great tournament weekend and we hope you are as well!
                      Last edited by JMittl; June 18th, 2013, 03:27 PM.

Comment

I know this is a pain, but is there any way we can make "parking passes" for the first 25 who registered with Darr, that way we do not end up with cars blocking others in?

Can't wait for this event, thank you Darr, Jeff & Jeff and everyone else who makes the fling the best tournament in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by scottycb1 View Post
                          I know this is a pain, but is there any way we can make "parking passes" for the first 25 who registered with Darr, that way we do not end up with cars blocking others in?

Can't wait for this event, thank you Darr, Jeff & Jeff and everyone else who makes the fling the best tournament in the world.
                          We have that covered!

Comment

Originally posted by jarednfischer View Post
                            So did I just get extremely lucky or what?! I checked on the site and did a search for Arrival Date: Fri Jun 28 2013 Departure Date: Sun Jun 30 2013 and one site popped up so I just registered it. Wicked fortunate.

Me too! Being stuck on the lazy boy with a sprained ankle (rolled it at WBD) has it's advantages. I have been checking off and on, and today a site popped up. I am so excited that I don't have to commute for 4 days in a row to Milo.

Cindy
                            Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                            2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                            Stumptown #176
                            PDGA #37716

Comment

Okay campers, I have sent out confirmation E-mails to everyone who has reserved a spot for Kingfisher. At this point we are over half full so if you or anyone you know are planning on showing up without a reservation please E mail me at darrstyle@comcast.net to ensure your spot.
                              Proud member #20 of STUMPTOWN Disc Golf and the PDGA #30488
                              Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

Comment

Didn't get a confirmation email

Okay campers, I have sent out confirmation E-mails to everyone who has reserved a spot for Kingfisher. At this point we are over half full so if you or anyone you know are planning on showing up without a reservation please E mail me at darrstyle@comcast.net to ensure your spot.
                                Darr, I sent you an email back on April 11th ( once I found I got in ) about a camping spot, I received no confirmation email from regarding that email. I sent you another email tonight with the April 11th email attached. Since they've changed the way that camping be done this year, we decided against the RV and need a spot in the Kingfisher campsite. I will be arriving on Wednesday night. I'm volunteering Friday and playing Saturday & Sunday. I know your busy with all the last minute preparations so please confirm that you received my email when you have he time. Thanks, Randy

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X